PDA

View Full Version : Question on sequential campaigns

CraytonRoberts
11-21-2004, 02:14 PM
I asked this before but got an indecipherable answer. Where are the new campaigns? For example USMC campaign still only gives me Guadalcanal ( and P-39). How do I get Wake, Iwo and the others in USMC, and the others? Someone said in effect, go to Set Up and hit Time and put in the time of the next campaign. That dosen't compute. Also, does the player transfer his kill record, promotions, etc on to the next campaign?. Help appreciated.

CraytonRoberts
11-21-2004, 02:14 PM
I asked this before but got an indecipherable answer. Where are the new campaigns? For example USMC campaign still only gives me Guadalcanal ( and P-39). How do I get Wake, Iwo and the others in USMC, and the others? Someone said in effect, go to Set Up and hit Time and put in the time of the next campaign. That dosen't compute. Also, does the player transfer his kill record, promotions, etc on to the next campaign?. Help appreciated.

ZG77_Lignite
11-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Crayton, I'm going to assume you are talking about the 'out-of-the-box' dynamic campaigns.

Start PF, Go to 'Pilot Career', 'new', select country-of-origin (this should be USMC in your case), dificulty settings, rank, click 'Start'. The next screen shows the available campaigns, starting at Wake and ending in Okinawa (6 of them for USMC). You may click on these and select an aircraft from a dropdown menu (choices may be limited). The campaign you have highlighted will be your starting campaign when you hit 'Generate' , and it will progress until finished, and then the next campaign in the list will start (carrying over all your squads information).

Note, the above requires the new 3.01 patch, OR if you don't have that, the Beta311Dgen.zip patch, which contains most of the fixes contained in the official 3.01 patch, but is only for 'fixing' some of the campaign generator problems. A search here or at SimHQ.com should turn up either or both patches.

CraytonRoberts
11-21-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks so much. A very clear explanation.