PDA

View Full Version : Fighters tilting!!!

argnan
03-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Is there any option from the difficulty menu or perhaps another way (not aileron trim) so i can prevent planes from tilting to the right sight? (some of them end up to do the "Barel Roll")

argnan
03-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Is there any option from the difficulty menu or perhaps another way (not aileron trim) so i can prevent planes from tilting to the right sight? (some of them end up to do the "Barel Roll")

VW-IceFire
03-06-2005, 12:34 PM
You mean drifting from course in the air? Rudder trim and aileron trim are the only cures.

Well I think if you turn off torque in the difficulty menu that may help.

JunkoIfurita
03-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeah, removing engine torque will remove that effect.

Bear in mind though that you're cutting down on the realism of the game - in reality, the massive torque/gyro effect produced by having a big propellor sitting in front of you was quite significant. Planes pulled to the direction of the propellor on takeoff (requiring rudder compensation), and planes tilted on their axis in the air as well (compensated with the rudder and aeriolon trim commands...).

It also affects the way you can recover from a stall, too. I highly recommend you go and check out www.airwarfare.com (http://www.airwarfare.com) and read through some of their tutorials, it'll make flying planes in Pacific Fighters/IL2-Forgotten Battles make a lot more sense.

Cheers,
Junko 'Kimura' Ifurita

|CoB|_Spectre
03-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately, digital incremental trim moves in discrete steps rather than continuously variable increments like analog. If the incremental rate is too coarse, often it's only with luck that you can hit the sweet spot. I find it difficult to hit the right combination of rudder/aileron trim/power setting to give me level trimmed flight. I'm not willing to sacrifice realism settings just to achieve "hands-off" flight trim, so I do what I can to get as close as possible.

Joe-90
03-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Yer, all of the above, and maybe calibrate your joystick!

You will notice if this is a problem if you go into to 'Input' and look at the joystick settings. See if the red and green dots are separated in the rudder - means you are not calibrated!

mortoma
03-07-2005, 02:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe-90:
Yer, all of the above, and maybe calibrate your joystick!

You will notice if this is a problem if you go into to 'Input' and look at the joystick settings. See if the red and green dots are separated in the rudder - means you are not calibrated! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Not neccessarily. If you have all your levels set to 100 ( not like someone would have it like that though ) then the red and green move together. Really what you mean is if the green box is not centered relative to the centerline, then he needs to calibrate his stick. Don't need to pay much attention to the red one. Where the red one is depends on your settings. Usually the rudder is set to all 100s ( by default ) as far as levels and if you go the the rudder ( yaw ) section you'll see what I mean. The red will always track with the green perfectly. As matter of fact, you may not be able to see the red box at all.

mortoma
03-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Oops! I had it backwards, the red box is the one that tracks with your joystick and the green one lags behind depending on your profile settings. So if his red box is off to one side then he needs to recalibrate his joystick.

ploughman
03-08-2005, 01:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yer, all of the above, and maybe calibrate your joystick! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did this last week, after three years of gently falling off to port and now I fly in a perfectly straight line with no hands. Now if I can just figure out how to keep the nose down...

Joe-90
03-08-2005, 02:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ploughman:
after three years of gently falling off to port and now I fly in a perfectly straight line with no hands. Now if I can just figure out how to keep the nose down... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, I've been there, ploughman. ahh....and trim? What do you use for it? I have reassigned my joystick throttle as elevator trim, it's a lot easier for keeping that nose level than using the keyboard (I use mousewheel as the in game throttle, btw).

Maybe one day we will all have an X52 will more knobs than a door convention http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ploughman
03-08-2005, 06:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> mousewheel as the in game throttle <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Genius! Why didn't I think of that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/features/2002/animated_encounters/groening/homer.jpg