PDA

View Full Version : raf_full mission pack by extreme 1 n poymando help

alphalvr
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
hi guys

"The Battle Over Britain" - Historic RAF Campaign. filename (raf_full)

i grabbed this from mission4today site and installed it into my il2 1946 install

i adjusted it a bit because it was expecting it to go in a `il2 forgotten battles` folder as opposed to a 1946 folder but apart from that i got it in manually and it seems to work.

well apart from 1st mission, this mission asks u to collect a plane from a factory and deliver it to your squad/base.

your plane starts aligned behind 1 other `cane mk1 on the supposed runway outside the factory. (ie 2 lines of lights on the grass, apart from the lights theres nothing to distinguish the grass im sitting on to ordinary game grass)

i realised why when i accelerated, the plane jumped uncontrollable at speed just like it does when u stray off a runway with embarrasing results. (the ai plane ahead had no such problem, he just hit the throttle and powered off into the sun)

the other thing that makes me thing theres a tiny problem is the single `tree and bush` sitting halfway down in the middle of the area designated as a runway by the lights.

im running 408m, clean install this was my 1st addon campaign although i have downloaded a bunch.

im running the scripted campaign

anyone know of a reason or workaround?

kind regards

alphalvr
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
hi guys

"The Battle Over Britain" - Historic RAF Campaign. filename (raf_full)

i grabbed this from mission4today site and installed it into my il2 1946 install

i adjusted it a bit because it was expecting it to go in a `il2 forgotten battles` folder as opposed to a 1946 folder but apart from that i got it in manually and it seems to work.

well apart from 1st mission, this mission asks u to collect a plane from a factory and deliver it to your squad/base.

your plane starts aligned behind 1 other `cane mk1 on the supposed runway outside the factory. (ie 2 lines of lights on the grass, apart from the lights theres nothing to distinguish the grass im sitting on to ordinary game grass)

i realised why when i accelerated, the plane jumped uncontrollable at speed just like it does when u stray off a runway with embarrasing results. (the ai plane ahead had no such problem, he just hit the throttle and powered off into the sun)

the other thing that makes me thing theres a tiny problem is the single `tree and bush` sitting halfway down in the middle of the area designated as a runway by the lights.

im running 408m, clean install this was my 1st addon campaign although i have downloaded a bunch.

im running the scripted campaign

anyone know of a reason or workaround?

kind regards

crucislancer
03-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Thatís interesting. Perhaps it has something to do with the campaign being so old? I think this was made back when FB was fairly new. There have been cases of old campaigns not working properly in later versions due to changes over the years, but that usually only applies to aircraft behavior.

Anyway, Iím grasping at straws here.

You could let the computer handle the take-off, or you could try to take off by holding the tail down and having the flaps at landing, once you have enough speed you might find that you bounce into the air and stay there. Itís happened to me a few times.

Or, you could take a look at the mission in the FMB, it might give you a clue as to what went wrong.

alphalvr
03-26-2009, 04:04 PM
oh dear i feel very embarrased.....the campaign ive actually installed is `bob hurricane season` by Cobra427so

i hope those guys can forgive me

ive managed to get airborne in the most ridiculous manner, thank 4 your help

just wondered if there was a easy known fix, other airstrips seem ok (the concrete ones ive tried anyway) as of the 3rd mission of 20

guess i might come across a lot of this then as im currently downloading many scripted campaigns

ones with extras like videos telling the story, soundpacks, etc, and other extras are my favs although its a trawl finding them

eventually one day ill look into the dgen missions i here theres never dgen versions and well the the mission addons seem endless http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

b2spirita
03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
It might just be the way the campaign is, ive flown some where you have to do such takeoffs and landings (ie rough field takeoffs). It could be an attempt to simulate a temporary or unprepared runway.

crucislancer
03-26-2009, 05:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alphalvr:
oh dear i feel very embarrased.....the campaign ive actually installed is `bob hurricane season` by Cobra427so

i hope those guys can forgive me

ive managed to get airborne in the most ridiculous manner, thank 4 your help

just wondered if there was a easy known fix, other airstrips seem ok (the concrete ones ive tried anyway) as of the 3rd mission of 20

guess i might come across a lot of this then as im currently downloading many scripted campaigns

ones with extras like videos telling the story, soundpacks, etc, and other extras are my favs although its a trawl finding them

eventually one day ill look into the dgen missions i here theres never dgen versions and well the the mission addons seem endless http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Endless is an understatement.

Are you getting your campaigns at mission4today.com? Iíve downloaded around 270 or so static campaigns there, plus a few gigs of skins and other add-ons.

With all the patches, 3rd party add-ons, user-made static campaigns, and DGen campaigns, itís hard to get bored. I know there is no way Iíll be able to work through all of those campaigns any time soon, so I just concentrate on a couple at a time.

B2Spirita is likely correct, the mission was probably designed that way. I played that mission once, but I never got back to playing the whole campaign. One of these days, I guess.

I recommend campaigns by IceFire, PhilK, Zeus Cat and FlatSpinMan.

alphalvr
03-26-2009, 10:15 PM
i honestly dont think it was supposed to be that way, a tree and bush in the middle of the runway about halfway down is er well silly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

the quality of the campaign is great apart from the begining ...still stuck on mission 3 though, he-111 seem impervious to to the cane mk1, ive tried 200m convergence and shooting from 200m.

i admit im always on the *** of them which i know is the worst place to shoot from but ive tried coming up from under aiming at bomb doors and shooting engines and wing roots, best i achieve is fuel leaks and dead gunners.

i know head on is a good tactic but my cane can hardly keep up let alone get into a head on position.

ive gone full complex and fiddled with closing rad, prop pitch and mixture(only seem to be able to choose 100 or 120% mixture) but 300-360 seem about my top spee not even improving a lot in dives, althogh i accept im not very high 1000m-1500m....its the best i can reach in the early attack.

mind you the mission only requires survival....but i gotta get 1 or 2...they are turkey shoot bombers after all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif so far ive lost 12 aircraft, and am only on 3rd mission, i lost 4 trying to get airborne roflmao

the last thing ive noticed is the briefing tells me to select a rank that doesnt exist which also has me head scratching, flight officer is what it suggests i think, so im confused whether i should be selecting pilot officer, flying officer, flight lietenant or flight seargent.

what difference would that actually have on the campaign?

thanks for your suggestions, id love a 10gig compilation pack of everything worth having, it broke my heart when i went to gb(or was it raf) and there was 1 solitary mission for cane ground attack.

also im dying to get swastikas on my nazi planes but that mat manager seems like rocket science and i havent suceeded after spending a day reading about it

Zeus-cat
03-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Ignore the tree and bush in the runway thing. They are "invisible" to the plane and will not harm you. During one of the upgrades a glitch popped up and it has never been removed.

Your campaign rank determines which aircraft you fly. Top rank gets Aircraft 1 of Flight 1 (or the highest avaiable aircraft in the Squadron). Lowest rank gets you Aircraft #4 in Flight 4 (or the lowest avaiable aircraft in the Squadron).

Make sure you have No Instant Success turned OFF in campaign dificulty. Your goal in every mission is to survive. If you shoot down an enemy aircraft great, but you need to survive.

Hurricanes should attach He-111s by diving on them and going for the cockpit or engines. Dive, shoot, climb and repeat. Use well placed short bursts. NEVER get behind a bomber and blast away if you want to live and return to base.

alphalvr
03-26-2009, 10:27 PM
i installed the farm not 10mins ago...ill search for your others, kind regards

cheers zues cat, yes behind does seem rather dangerous but i just dont dont seem to be able to get enough speed or height....guess im a noob

somtines i can take 3 bf109 g2 veterans solo in a la5 so i figured some bomber would be easy meat...lol its nice to know in real life id be on my 1000000th funeral http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

anyone got any suggestions for best setings at 1000m-2000m in a cane mk1 for top speed?? although if irc 350ish is about its limit, godamn speedy nazi bombers, (is that pc) gits!

Zeus-cat
03-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Hurricane Mk Is against He-111s is tough. The 111 can almost match your speed, so catching one is hard. I think my personal best for the Mk I is two 111 kills and one or two damaged. However, most missions I go home empty handed. They are always leaking fuel, but they are tough birds to bring down in a Mk I if they have a position advantage on you.

jamesblonde1979
03-27-2009, 01:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alphalvr:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use your bloody compass, that's what it's there for mate.

Tully__
03-27-2009, 03:14 AM
In earlier versions of the game the general terrain was as smooth as runways. At some point in the series the complaints that this wasn't realistic resulted in terrain being roughed up a bit.

This campaign was probably made before that particular change. At that time is was common for mission makers to make missions with "rough forward airfields" away from "real" bases.

Due to complaints that the general terrain was now too rough, a later addition to the game is several versions of a form of aircraft carrier that looks like a normal runway (or in one case is invisible so it looks like normal terrain) that can be placed so a mission designer can again have an airfield anywhere he chooses.

alphalvr
03-27-2009, 05:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesblonde1979:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use your bloody compass, that's what it's there for mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er, wot?

ps. cheers tully, that sounds like the answer to the mystery runway......ie when i say rough i mean 20kmh is suiicide unless a miricle happens.

crucislancer
03-27-2009, 07:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tully__:
In earlier versions of the game the general terrain was as smooth as runways. At some point in the series the complaints that this wasn't realistic resulted in terrain being roughed up a bit.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesblonde1979:
Use your bloody compass, that's what it's there for mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you copping an attitude? And, the problem has nothing to do with compass use. You should read the post again.

alphalvr
03-27-2009, 03:13 PM
are you sayin i just spent 8 hours reading about compasses and and trying to figure how one would flatten the grass ahead of me for a smooth take off for nothing?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

i thought maybe it must be foriegn slang for a steam roller http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

DuckyFluff
03-28-2009, 08:39 AM
What is a "cane"? I know of no such aircraft. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Is it some sort of mod or weird add-on? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

alphalvr
03-28-2009, 09:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuckyFluff:
What is a "cane"? I know of no such aircraft. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Is it some sort of mod or weird add-on? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

`cane mk1

Hurricane mk1

its weird for sure, it is my `ziness