PDA

View Full Version : Attention all, about threads that i moved out...

crazyivan1970
12-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Untill we know for sure what is happening from official sources, i would like to ask everyone to stop making false statements and speculate about what went down between 1C, UBI and American plane makers... and what kind of addon Russian version gets and who does what when and how. This mass histeria got to stop. It doesn`t do any good, trust me.

Thanks.

crazyivan1970
12-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Untill we know for sure what is happening from official sources, i would like to ask everyone to stop making false statements and speculate about what went down between 1C, UBI and American plane makers... and what kind of addon Russian version gets and who does what when and how. This mass histeria got to stop. It doesn`t do any good, trust me.

Thanks.

ImpStarDuece
12-16-2004, 11:49 PM
I have been following this pretty intensly and the only thing louder than us bunch with information is us bunch without information.

With the internet being an instantaneous source of news an information vacuum is something of an anethma to a lot of people.

I say we should all just chill out a little, let the dust settle and wait for something official. I'm pretty sure that we WILL be given the reasons why various US planes have had the kybosh put on them. Yes, it is a shame, no, I dont understand why either.

Any speculation at the moment is exactly that: speculation. Without information all we are doing is making noise and getting upset. Patience has its own rewards.

WOLFMondo
12-17-2004, 03:31 AM
Fair enough.

*sits patiently waiting for PF addon*http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OldMan____
12-17-2004, 04:25 AM
(running in circles in the room) - -- AHhh we all gonna die!! ahh all gona die ahhh!!!!!

That is what seems most people are doing now.

Please.. breath deep and think.. or at least hit your heat at table so you won't have to scream loud anymore.

I remember same thing happening 2 years ago with OpenGL cause SGI was going to sell some patents to M$. There were thousands of GL programmers running aroud in circles screaming " we all are gonna die!!! The world is doomed!"

The result.. the news were 500% exagerated. The cahnge was amll and no one noticed it.

BM357_TinMan
12-17-2004, 05:14 AM
Huh?

What's going on?

Somebody point me to the Oleg thread please.

FA_Whisky
12-17-2004, 06:19 AM
what is this about Ivan??

crazyivan1970
12-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Oleg Maddox said:
"We will not make new P-47s not because we don't wont it, but because of very serious reason that I can't tell you currently. Maybe later it will be possible to tell and you will understand us completely. And we will not make several other types of planes for PF (or PF+FB+AEP) due to this reason as well."

and

"This (He meant add-ons) and several others probably will be done, but only on CD for Russian version and market and only for a merged install.
I'm sorry to tell it isn't for the rest of the world.

If only Publisher will be interested in add-ons that we ordered to complete by third party for only Russian market (new maps, new planes, new ground vechicles, etc), then we may do multilanguage version for the rest of the world.

However part of these things will be also present in Western version for free."

crazyivan1970
12-17-2004, 06:35 AM
Leadspitter, one more stunt like this in the public forum and not PT...and i`ll suspend you for few months. It`s getting tiring. Your a little backstubbing makes me sick. Wanna talk to me about my moderating style, PT me. If you hate me that much, report me.

Good day.

NorrisMcWhirter
12-17-2004, 06:57 AM
Hi,

So, let me get this straight...

There will be an add-on for the Russian version only but the 'world' version may or may not appear some time later.

Can someone actually be honest and upfront here and say whether this (trademark infringement etc) is actually the reason why PF was released in the form that it was (unfinished) because I'm getting pretty ****ing pissed off with the piecemeal snippets of 'information' that are put forward on these forums now.

Ivan...you said last week that a patch would be out in one week. When will this patch be available to the world and what will it contain?

And no, this isn't a 'where is my patch boo-hoo' complaint; it's just a reasonable request under the circumstances.

Cheers,
Norris

LeadSpitter_
12-17-2004, 07:01 AM
Ivan what i said was done respectfully to you, And i said it very nicely. I also did not say anthing criticizing your personality and also said i think you are great guys and I enjoying flying with you and you removed my post and then make one threating me criticizing me calling me a back stabber?? wtf is that about??? then threaten me with a ban for months.

Becuase i said i think you have gotten a little out of hand making up your own forum guidelines and locking threads about the game.

I mean read the post again if you can and repost it. Im sure the community manager will see i said nothing rude nor against the forum guidelines.

crazyivan1970
12-17-2004, 07:04 AM
I don`t make any rules and guidelines. But i have a bunch of people who questions anything that i do without knowing what`s going on. Wanna see my PT? You`ll freak out. I am really getting tired of questioning http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
12-17-2004, 07:18 AM
No answer?

crazyivan1970
12-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Bottom line:

Some types of US produced WW2 Aircraft will not be modeled. This does not include all US aircraft and has nothing to do with aircraft that is already in the game. <span class="ev_code_RED">Nobody is suing anyone and nobody will take existing planes away it just a matter of future developments.</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">The reason why new types of aircraft are not being developed and which types they are WILL NOT be discussed in public</span>. It`s that simple. So take it as it is. Can something be done about it...I do not know, neither does Oleg.

And that is Official.

crazyivan1970
12-17-2004, 07:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
Hi,

So, let me get this straight...

There will be an add-on for the Russian version only but the 'world' version may or may not appear some time later.

Can someone actually be honest and upfront here and say whether this (trademark infringement etc) is actually the reason why PF was released in the form that it was (unfinished) because I'm getting pretty ****ing pissed off with the piecemeal snippets of 'information' that are put forward on these forums now.

Ivan...you said last week that a patch would be out in one week. When will this patch be available to the world and what will it contain?

And no, this isn't a 'where is my patch boo-hoo' complaint; it's just a reasonable request under the circumstances.

Cheers,
Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is something i am trying to find out.

NorrisMcWhirter
12-17-2004, 07:28 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your response but that doesn't really answer my question as I'm not really interested in what happens with the US aircraft.

I'll put it another way...

I had the impression that a patch would be released in the very near future (this week, in fact, from one of your comments last week).

Can you indicate whether:
a. The patch will be on time (and when that time will be)?
b. The patch will now be significantly delayed?
c. The patch will not happen at all?

Cheers,
Norris

NorrisMcWhirter
12-17-2004, 07:30 AM
Whoops...ignore that last post as a whole..you posted while I wrote it.

Cheers,
Norris

PS: And thanks for finding out

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-17-2004, 07:56 AM
As a mere curiosity I feel compelled to ask:

1. Is there going to be a patch now?

If answer to "1" is yes, go to "2". If answer to "1" is no, pm me then click "back" button and read something else.

2. What will it roughly contain?

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">See, easy and painless.</span>

Willey
12-17-2004, 07:59 AM
Bottomn line: No Patch, no Addon for us.

**** tell us what's it all about!

Geheimniskr√¬§merei hier http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

BTW where's my Infopop rant http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Capt._Tenneal
12-17-2004, 08:51 AM
OK, sound advice from others here. I'll chill out. There are a lot of games out there to bide my time anyway : PF, San Andreas, KOTOR II, Pirates, MOH: Pacific Assault, etc. I'll go play these and check in every now and then.

We are going to get an OFFICIAL word though, right ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

crazyivan1970
12-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Why are you guys so quick on panicking http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

There will be a patch/addon and it will have new aircraft it. I just can`t tell you what the content is, soon will find out. Possible next week.

hotspace
12-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Next week? I thought it was gonna be this week?

Hot Space

VF-29_Sandman
12-17-2004, 09:02 AM
ivan, i hope oleg can work things out. sucks that a snafu like this can go to complete fubar by jumpin the gun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
12-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Hi,

No one is panicking - we just wanted a straight answer for once. So, it's now at least another week......marvellous.

TBH, I'm past the point of being bothered about it now; whatever 'surprise' I have certainly won't offset all the pissing about that's gone on. I know one thing, though - I certainly no longer believe a word that I see posted by 'officials' of this forum.

Norris

hotspace
12-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Here-here...

Hot Space

Btl_Avon
12-17-2004, 09:13 AM
If the US firms are to take up their shameful stance. I say good riddance. We should all ignore the US. There are other markets to fry.

goshikisen
12-17-2004, 09:38 AM
ivan... I'm not meaning to offend or start a
controversy but is this information
definitive? You've heard this from the horse's mouth? If not this is just another can of gasoline on the already roaring bonfire. I'm with Norris... I'm not worried about WHEN the patch comes out but IF the patch comes out.

Respectfully, Goshikisen.

ZG77_Nagual
12-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Hadn't heard about this - but I can infer a few things. It's too bad more of us don't fully comprehend the dynamics here - I think we'd all go a little easier. Thanks for your info CI - and great work herebouts.

VF-29_Sandman
12-17-2004, 09:56 AM
even if we dont get the avenger and other us planes, consider ourselves lucky that we have what we have: p-51,39,40,47,38 w/varients, hell/wildcat and its year varients, corsair and its varients. oleg undertook a huge project in even making the pto, and it seems only oleg wanted to get as close to the real thing as virtual possible. ms didnt do anywhere near in cfs as oleg has done.

NORAD_Zooly10
12-17-2004, 10:03 AM
at least BoB is unaffected http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
that is from THE horses mouth
~S~
Zooly

Daiichidoku
12-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Im just waiting to hear from Mr Maddox as to the reason all this is happening

THEN I will allow myself to freak out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I hope the man tells us soon and either quashes the hysteria or justifies it

crazyivan1970
12-17-2004, 10:28 AM
I would never post anything if i did not know. Not my style. And i only post with Olegs permission.

hotspace
12-17-2004, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
I would never post anything if i did not know. Not my style. And i only post with Olegs permission. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's the case.........has he got me an Xmas Card yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hot Space

Airmail109
12-17-2004, 10:54 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif................OH GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD..............NOOOOOOOO........ .ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.........SNIIIIIFFFFF.... .....the reason y so many people are annoyed is because they love the il2 series so much. Ive been playing it for 3 years and im very pissed off. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude they ignored copyright.........wtf.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... ........how could you. Well looks as if im gonna have to learn how to fly real warbirds.

goshikisen
12-17-2004, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
I would never post anything if i did not know. Not my style. And i only post with Olegs permission. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the confirmation Ivan... that's all I need to hear.

Regards, Goshikisen.

Capt._Tenneal
12-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Well looks as if im gonna have to learn how to fly real warbirds.

And get in a time machine and go back 60 + years to get some real WW 2 air combat action. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BM357_TinMan
12-17-2004, 11:29 AM
First of all, how the heck did this page's format get all hosed up, I hate it when this happens because of a too big picture, but there isn't even one of those :S...

Secondly, I do hope that eventually we'll get an explanation as to what is going on here.

This "cloak and dagger" stuff is quite disquiting to any community. If oleg can't talk about it for whatever reason at this time, I do hope that eventually the reasons will be revealed.

NorrisMcWhirter
12-17-2004, 11:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZG77_Nagual:
Hadn't heard about this - but I can infer a few things. It's too bad more of us don't fully comprehend the dynamics here - I think we'd all go a little easier. Thanks for your info CI - and great work herebouts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dynamics? Yes..the release date of any patches is very dynamic indeed.

Sarcasm aside, the real problem for me is, like I've said before, the lies told on this forum.

I don't mind Oleg doing whatever it takes to get things right....I wouldn't mind so much if he never released a patch again just as long as we were told accurately. What I take exception to is 'officials' making suggestions that when things are going to be released which are plainly bollocks.

I'll pick on Ivan here only because he's the one that's made the suggestions of 'next week' but if he turned around and said that the patch was being worked on and, major snags aside, it wouldn't be released until the 2nd week of January with it actually being released in the 2nd week of January then that would be absolutely fine. However, when you are told it it's release is 'really soon' or 'next week' (week after week) until the 2nd week of January then that is going to become a little tiresome.

Yes, we sympathise with illness and legal issues but the way that (mis)information is delivered just makes the people who dish it out as clueless.

Cheers,
Norris

WOLFMondo
12-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Ivan and Bearcat are just the messengers...but I agree, definitive dates are best or not naming dates at all and making it a nice surpise is better.

XyZspineZyX
12-17-2004, 11:51 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Hello,

The pc games business is big business and every one want is big or little part of the cake, this is the real problem...
Oleg like Ubi need or want money the rest is of no importance.
We gamers where until now very happy with the ways did go with Oleg, he respect the gamers, thanks Oleg for it and let us hope that in the future it shall be so!

Sensei.

ZG77_Nagual
12-17-2004, 11:53 AM
This is from Oleg - I see it has been posted over on the PF forums allready:

Rumors just partially right. And in some way - completely wrong

1) 1C was releasing add-ons as well in the past separatelly of Ubisoft in
Russia.
It was released already 3 (or 4) add-ons with the static campaigns only for
Russian market and there was one of them a huge hit ("The roads of the war".
After this add-on that was created by two guys one became a member of our
team). However such add-ons didn't make Russian version incompatible online
with the non-russian language versions. We are personally almost not
involved in developemtn of them.
2) We are in a great hope that these planned add-ons will meet western
market as well by one of the
ways and almost simultaniosly with the Russian. It will depends of many
factors that are out of our own control.
3) We will be way more busy with the new sim development. So these add-ons
will make third party with the guys that are trained well here in Moscow
using our tools. So
from us it will be relatively minimal investment of the work that to make
final tunings and programming and to do not stop any developments of new
sim (BoB).
4) We can't sell ourselves on western market any additions, etc for the the
Il-2 series without agreement with Ubisoft. So they should decide what to
do if there will be such add-ons ready (and localised at least for English).
Unfortunatelly usually such small add-ons are absolutley non-profitable in
the west.... So any decision of Ubisoft is understand-able at least for us.
5) These add-on(s) contains only Russian planes and maps. Most of them are
experimental prop+jet (such as existed and tested La-7R 1944, Yak-3R 1944,
MiG-13 in a serivice 1945-46, etc, for which we have enough info that to
model) and jet planes (say unreleased LaGG-3RD-1 1941-42 with unfinished
TR-1 engine with 800+ kg thrust, Yak-15 in principle is a copy of this
plane). One of them MiG-9 of Russian and probably also Chinese production,
which was never modelled in any sim (if I'm not wrong). All is limited to
1945 - early 1946 year as we were agree long time ago even with third party.
Also maps which are planned for these add-ons are Ukraine (Kiev area) and
the area of East for 1945 invation of Russian troops in the war against
Japan. For this if all will be Ok in time, ordered IL-10 as well
6) As it is known already for public by the leaked somewhere info, currently
we will not develop or accept from third party any planes owned by Nothrop
(Grumman, Vough, Republic). Even the one that we did already for free
add-on... No comments. However it doesn't means that we really wont to model
them now or in future.... Sorry, I can't tell you more details curently.
7) Other planes - still possible. The limits are the same - they should be
done without technology bugs. Such bug limit us in time and we are unable to
rework third party models as it was in the past (just 4 guys in the world
doing currently 3D models for our sim with no bugs... Sorry to tell it). We
will say when we will stop completely such things. But currently such things
are still possible.
8) the maps of Murmansk and Kurland for a merged install will be available
for free when its done finally.

Hope I answer for all possible questions.

TWISTER353rd
12-17-2004, 11:54 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif MY Question??? WHY haven't these aircraft patent freek laywers gone after MIcro$oft?? Hmmm maybe Micro$oft is behind this little stunt.Jeezus this is an historical based sim,how the F*CK can it not be expanded to include the historical planes of all the theatres,jeezus it aint killin the sales of Boeing,Chance Vought,Republic is it??For christ sake ww2 ended in 1945 didn't it??^%$^%$%^$!~~~! greedy corporate America at it's finest yet again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Sorry rant alert was just curious whether microsoft faced the same dilemma with their FS2004 and all the cities,towns,airports,and aircraft they have in THEIR sim??Or does Microsoft have a free pass when it comes to copyright infringment?Only wondering if they paid these entities theirdue royalties from using the Boeing's,the Mitchell's,the Republics,etc etc etc?

BBB_Hyperion
12-17-2004, 11:58 AM
Yes this article seems to be similar to this.

At least some news & official word.

http://france-simulation.com/article.php?sid=443&mode=&order=0&thold=0

ZG77_Nagual
12-17-2004, 12:20 PM
I sense we may have found the secret to harnessing the incredible power of mass Whining!

Surely there is no more attractive target than the American Military Industrial complex! And no better exemplar of said same than Grumman/Northrop!

Let Slip the mewling, petulant and paranoid dogs of whineage!

A.K.Davis
12-17-2004, 12:27 PM
If the sim splits due to a release in Russia that is not possible in Western market, I hope Oleg will make the new maps available in a free download. I don't think that would cause any conflicts, and it would be a nice gesture of continued support between now and Battle of Britain.

New maps mean new campaigns and new campaigns mean hours and hours of additional play. The aircraft aren't that important (as cool as playing with some the Soviet X-planes would be).

Airmail109
12-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Viva La Resistance! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Capt._Tenneal
12-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Now we know (partly) why the I-185 made it so fast into the sim. Yes, it was Oleg's tribute to one of the developer's father or grandfather, but also no risk of legal trouble since it's still debatable whether it made it off the prototype stage.

GR142-Pipper
12-18-2004, 05:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Btl_Avon:
If the US firms are to take up their shameful stance. I say good riddance. We should all ignore the US. There are other markets to fry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No one has taken any stance on anything. As an aside, do you seriously think that Ubisoft will ignore the U.S. market? That would be very unsound thinking from a business point of view.

GR142-Pipper

-HH-Quazi
12-18-2004, 06:19 AM
I feel for you Ivan. How do you put up with this? People demanding straight answers, after you have given them the straitest answer you can. They act like you are actually attending meetings with Ubi and Oleg. You just a mod, on the bottom end of a totum pole. You tell em, and they keep demanding. One bloke in particular. The last page and a half is just good discussion. The first page and a half is plain ignorance. I mean you give them the best answers you have, and they demand more. If I were a mod, I'd be fired because I'd ban the stupidity. Hang in there Ivan. You are one of our better mods here. I do feel for you though m8. You've got to feel like reaching out and shaking the turds out of some folks.

willyvic
12-18-2004, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
I feel for you Ivan. How do you put up with this? People demanding straight answers, after you have given them the straitest answer you can. They act like you are actually attending meetings with Ubi and Oleg. You just a mod, on the bottom end of a totum pole. You tell em, and they keep demanding. One bloke in particular. The last page and a half is just good discussion. The first page and a half is plain ignorance. I mean you give them the best answers you have, and they demand more. If I were a mod, I'd be fired because I'd ban the stupidity. Hang in there Ivan. You are one of our better mods here. I do feel for you though m8. You've got to feel like reaching out and shaking the turds out of some folks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With all due respect Quazi, the mods have painted themselves into this corner. And before I go on, I agree that Ivan is one of the top notch mods here abouts.
One of the problems is the apparent lack of communications BETWEEN the mods. One, who has the ear of Oleg, will judiciosly report on what is available for dissemination while another will let personal feelings overcome what should be an objective view and post pure speculation as to the current issues surrounding the game.

That aside, it is becoming harder and harder to pick the flysh*t out of the pepper around here. The "if" threads, vigorously participated in by some of our mods, are not productive and do nothing to calm the waters.

Bottom line is that Ivan is correct. The hysteria should stop.

WV