PDA

View Full Version : Bf- 109 aces question

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Hi,

I fly particurely the Bf-109 and tried to make landings like the comp. does. In 2 years, I had to master the landings again and again due to patches and different motorsettings. I wonder how the computer(Autopilot) succeeds to drop the speed , after lowering the gear, so rapidly from 280km-to 140 km in a few seconds. I also see this with P-51. Is there someone that can master this? and if so what,s the secret.Thanks in advance.

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Hi,

I fly particurely the Bf-109 and tried to make landings like the comp. does. In 2 years, I had to master the landings again and again due to patches and different motorsettings. I wonder how the computer(Autopilot) succeeds to drop the speed , after lowering the gear, so rapidly from 280km-to 140 km in a few seconds. I also see this with P-51. Is there someone that can master this? and if so what,s the secret.Thanks in advance.

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 04:01 PM
hehe No

The AI models are a bit ├╝ber modelled to give them at least a chance against your grey cells... lol

lil_labbit
<center> http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day</center>

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 04:24 PM
yep, ai get simplier flight model
hurricane goes uberslow on landing with autopilot, click it off and insta stall /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

whineingu /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 04:31 PM
I'll approach the runway at anything up to about 350kmh, then bleed off speed by using loads of rudder and aeleron and 3 point land almost any plane I fly.

I've often thought of posting tracks of these mental landings but I don't have anywhere to host 'em.

If I'd attempted anything like them in RL I'd have been court-martialled for sure.

Landings are easy. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Hi, thanks for you info. I succeed well in it but at the last 50 meters or so(140km), not directly after geardrop.

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:26 PM
lose alt first. then drop speed by using flaps (take off flaps work best in 109 landing flaps slow you down too much on final or make you bounce),gear down, keep speed between 180 and 210. come in at flat angle (means start your approach not only 300meters in front of the runway!). as soon as you are close enought to the runway you can drop even more speed 160 to 180 is ok and put her down. works best! no bounce off the ground, no overspeeding and planes is fully controllable /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

2 things we need in FB:
The 110 and the desert!!!
http://exn.ca/news/images/1999/04/23/19990423-Me110coloursideMAIN.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Perhaps I dont quite consider my self as an ***....I mean ace.

But I think especially online it is an god idea to do combatlike or very fast landings ( and takeoffs).

These are standard to me:

1......Fly at low level alongside the runway, perhaps 100-200 meters out . At halfway along the runway my speed is 300-350 km/h and i idle, and when i pass the end with a few seconds i do a hard turn, gear down below 250 km/h and reach the runway at 170-190km/h , sometimes less.If my speed is too high I usually do a climbing turn towards the runway too bleeed it off and also when on the ground I brake quite hard and try to get off the runway as soon as possible.

2.......I approach the runway from any angle at high speed and do 2 or more hard turns with combatflap and down to landingflap while the speed decreases, gear down and if my speed iznt down enough I use rudder and elevator to break more, wich makes the plane come down like it would in strong sidewind. and then hard brake and off the runway.

These hard turns just before landing have saved me from bouncers and vulchers many times. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

To be able to do these tricks its good to practice flying low and slow doing the rudder and elevator things a while
before going online.( I didnt )

If u feel that an idea is usefull, use it or modify it
just dont do the long, straight and slow approaches by the book...or u will end up amongst the virtually dead.

Anyway ....good luck mate. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 11:33 PM
enroll "training mission" in FB and you will see how do it. Do it again and again.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 01:20 AM
approach the runway at a perpendicular angle at 500-600 kph. Once you reach the first taxi, kill the throttle, kick the prop up to 85% and drop flaps to full. Pull hard on the stick to come up and over in a tight turn. Once you speed drops below 350 drop you gear. You should complete the turn and end up at about 250-300 kph. Approach at a flat angle and kick the prop up to 95%. Once you reach the end of the runway kill the engine. Touch wheels at 180 kph or below. Once you are on the deck, fully raise the flaps, pull back on the stick and hit the brakes.

This is the way to land fast with a fighter trying to chase you! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<html>
<body>
<p align="center"><a href="http://www.ghostskies.com">http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/crash2.gif
</body>
</html>

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Well, in a 109 straight in is best, full flaps, gear down, and tailwheel locked, keep speed at about 200-220KMH untill touchdown. If you have any droptanks, or bombs, get rid of them before you try to land. Oh, and try leaving the prop. in auto mode, then use 100% pitch and 10-20% throttle to taxi.

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 07:52 AM
Ever run out of fuel and see how fast your plane loses speed due to the prop causing drag?
I normally land with engine on, but if I need to get down fast with a enemy chasing me, its full speed to the airfield, as I get there doing around 450, sharp turn to line up full flaps trim down and turn the engine off.
you will bleed speed very very quickly. Timing is everything, If you cut the engine to soon you will be short of the runway. It only takes a few practices to get and idea of the distance and speed before you cut the enigne. No margin of error though as you are to low and you wont be able to get it started if you have to.