PDA

View Full Version : Italian planes...throttles

Stigler_9_JG52
07-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Aren't the direction of travel for the Itie birds supposed to be reversed? You pull to add power and push to roll it off?

This detail was missed in the Falco and Frescia pits.

pdog1
07-05-2005, 06:57 PM
They don't give a dam about italian planes, when the FM of them is so obviously porked beyond belief (Mig3 can out turn Falco) do you think they care about the throttle? Actually i just checked in my version (3.04 - i refuse to fly with that fallacy of a 4.0 patch) it is correct, all the way back = full throttle, as it should be. Some 4.0 beta tester weenie when testing if he porked the Fiat CR42 FM enough saw it and said oh thats not right. BTW stigler a while ago you recomened me Hurricanes of Tobruk and finally got around to reading it a few weeks ago. Great book and now i have the other 2 books in the series, Hurricanes over Malta and Spitfires over Sicily. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Waldo.Pepper
07-05-2005, 10:33 PM
If I am not mistaken the pit of the Italian planes is modeled correctly, when used is Finnish service - which is how they entered the game in the first place.

pdog1
07-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Thats why i told them to make Fiat G50bis, more numerous italian version without that stupid pointy spinner. But its too much to have 2 versions of Fiat G50 when you have 45 different spitfires.

269GA-Veltro
07-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Ha ha ha Pdog, you are great!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif LoL

No guys, we don't have again italian planes in FB. CR 42 is the hungarian version, and G50 is the finnish version as you know. So the throttle now is wrong for the italians, but correct for the hungarian and finnish version.
...but i've some doubts about the hungarian CR 42.. I don't know if they did really change the throttle.

The our Macchi should have the right throttles: push to decrease power, pull to increase power.

Kannaksen_hanu
07-06-2005, 06:08 AM
Edit:
Uh, nothing. Veltro already said what I had in mind

F19_Olli72
07-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Um am i missing something here? At least for me in the Cr42 when i look at the throttle lever its push to decrease and pull to increase.

Stigler_9_JG52
07-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Interesting; I didn't know that the Finns and Hungarians "reversed" the throttles in their variants.

Pdog; glad you enjoyed those books. Brian Cull books are great resources; sometimes tough reading, with all the plodding detail and numbing designations, but they do give a sense of scope and continuity to a story.

And those books in particular show how it was the Hurricane, and NOT the Spitfire that fought hardest when the Med was really in doubt.

Heliopause
07-07-2005, 10:13 AM
I read something about French planes having reversed throttle movement. (It was something about the Hawk 75, haven't checked it in the game though.)