PDA

View Full Version : An Assassin that does not kill?

Riplings
11-22-2010, 12:14 PM
'I am a big fan of the assassin's creed series and i like this new multiplayer feature but i have a few suggestions that would make the game better in my opinion.

first off. The use of templar vision in manhunt, should either be penalized or removed completely, because manhunt is like hide and seek, and if you know exactly where they are hiding... are they hiding?

and two, assassin's creed was always assassin's verus templars, yet in the multiplayer i can't create a band of assassin's to take out abstergo. Which i hope changes in a new game mode i would call War.

Three, assassin's creed was all about stealth and killing, yet i can not assassinate my pursor if he reveals himself, if i had that option the game would be less run around and kill and more stratagy, when and where to strike and with what.

of course these are just my suggestions but still would they not make the multiplayer experience better? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thanks for reading http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

MidoriSangatsu
11-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Templar Vision - if you see someone using templar vision then they will become a hazy white. So don't complain about it because it isn't unbalanced just because of that feature. However it may be because of your lack of observation that you didn't notice this.

multiplayer crit- these are suppose to be templars training amongst eachother. If you had paid attention to the video at the beginning this would have made sense. But your suggestion could possibly be an awesome multipler idea next game.

pursuer revealed. I also find this annoying. Especially if I lock onto them but do not use an ability to block them in time. I feel if you lock onto your pursuer that they should get less points. Rather than 700 if they were incognito

Orion645
11-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I actually think the multiplayer is fairly balanced.

When someone uses Templar Vision their character model glows white. So if your watching your back whilst bended into a crowd for example, your persuer might reveal themselves by using it, meaning you can plan an effective counter stratergy.

Stunning your pursuer is essentially the same as killing them anyway, as your pursuer loses their contract on you either way. I imagine it also maintains the flow of the game as it keeps more players in-game. Also think about this. What's more humiliating; being killed by your target, or being punched in the face by your target, spending a few seconds knocked out on the floor, and then being kicked in the face by your purseur while your down. Simply being killed for screwing up an assignation attempt doesn't seem like a sufficient penalty now does it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 12:51 PM
I still want them to give players a "taunt" button which lets them point out a pursuer and force a chase.

Asked for it during the beta, never happened.

If they add it, I vote one of two options.

1: "taunt" is a new ability given to players. Lock on, activate, and your character points and yells "MURDERER!" at the locked target. If it's an NPC, they cower and look confused (could use the firecracker animation), if it's a player they immediately enter a chase with their target. Recommend 45 or 60 second cooldown.

2: Triangle is taunt button. Same idea, but the pointing animation takes longer and you can't move, stun or assassinate while performing the action. Gives you away and makes you vulnerable, but also ruins your pursuer's stealth if you spot them and use it. I'd say make is count as a high profile action, too, so you risk exposing yourself doing it near your own target.

SirPhist
11-22-2010, 04:15 PM
I'll ramble too.

I'm not so sure I like the way target locking (coupled with the compass) works currently. If my pursuer has me locked, I turn a corner (break visual), how's he supposed to know I'm not an NPC if I turn around and head back the way I came? The lock should only stay on if his teammate still has visual on me.

I sure hope multiplayer gets much tougher. I don't want a compass. I don't want more abilities. I want longer matches in which to properly plan and execute, that is, assassinate (not just kill) my prey. I want larger maps.

I want more differences in character appearances. I want to be so confused by the many different people on the map that I know my pursuer is having trouble too. I want to have to distinguish one barber from five because killing a civilian insures I lose, maybe even end of the match. Yes, I said killing one civilian is so severe that it causes your prey to win the match, because you/I suck.

I know what my target looks like. I don't want a compass to help me figure out which doctor out of three is my target. I could just toss some coins and see who wants money or who wants distance. Because there should be guards around and patrolling, they could be utilized also. Me, well, I'd poison one and see who stops to watch or who keeps moving.

Pickpocket mode? Just an idea I brainstormed just now.

Delivery mode? 1v1 or up to 4v4. The objective would be to deliver one pocket-fitting package to their destination. Kills do not score, only the safe delivery of said package. Package can be handed off by teammates to prevent its capture. The opposing team would of course be attempting to steal the package and take it to their respective destination.

Race mode. But not the waypoints kind. From start to finish, you're not faster than me.

The last thing I'll say is cooperative story mode.

Flincher2007
11-22-2010, 04:26 PM
I do like the capture the package type game, you'd have to sneak it to different destinations. Would be fun, and passing it off sounds neat.

lillylemons
11-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by MidoriSangatsu:
Templar Vision - if you see someone using templar vision then they will become a hazy white. So don't complain about it because it isn't unbalanced just because of that feature. However it may be because of your lack of observation that you didn't notice this.

multiplayer crit- these are suppose to be templars training amongst eachother. If you had paid attention to the video at the beginning this would have made sense. But your suggestion could possibly be an awesome multipler idea next game.

pursuer revealed. I also find this annoying. Especially if I lock onto them but do not use an ability to block them in time. I feel if you lock onto your pursuer that they should get less points. Rather than 700 if they were incognito \\

This is a great point. Rather than the computer deciding that the persuer is recognized, it should guage if the contract actually saw and locked onto the persuer. Then the persuer could back away or the contract could turn the tables and strike back rather than trying to hit the B button if you happen to startle the persuer.

lillylemons
11-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Orion645:
I actually think the multiplayer is fairly balanced.

When someone uses Templar Vision their character model glows white. So if your watching your back whilst bended into a crowd for example, your persuer might reveal themselves by using it, meaning you can plan an effective counter stratergy.

Stunning your pursuer is essentially the same as killing them anyway, as your pursuer loses their contract on you either way. I imagine it also maintains the flow of the game as it keeps more players in-game. Also think about this. What's more humiliating; being killed by your target, or being punched in the face by your target, spending a few seconds knocked out on the floor, and then being kicked in the face by your purseur while your down. Simply being killed for screwing up an assignation attempt doesn't seem like a sufficient penalty now does it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lol. good point, if the persuer were killed by his contract then there would probably be a couple of people losing the persuer as their contract.

Riplings
11-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Yes i know that you turn light bright when you use templar vision but when you got a guy with a hidden gun on a roof using templar vision and a guy walking in the street using templar vision let me remind you this is manhunt NOT wanted where you can do anything about you pursor.. the poor guy who is hiding dies, and dies horrorably that is why i suggest a penalty for templar vision, that way the guys using it or penalized so many points and you can destinguish who actually hunted their targets and who just templar vision spammed. A true assassin does not need to know exactly where his target is during a friendly game of hide and seek.

Once this game was announced i vowed to become an assassin because i don't like abstergo with the fowlest of intensity. Yet i wasn't given this option which, was a downer. Anywho Yeah it would be a 16 player all out assassination fest with the allience aspect of gameplay, that would allow you to create your own team of friends and mold them to be the perfect assassins.

Yes when that little red triangle pops up stating them character has done something a normal civilian would not do it should allow you to shoot them or kill them, once the red triangle disappears then the gameplay would continue as usual.

In manhunt, your only strategy is the smokebomb and stun. and if your walking in a crowd you recently morphed, the templar vision points you out, and the assassin runs right for you. therefore like i said before the templar vision should be penalized, or removed completely from manhunt.

Yes but if you can effectively counter the assassination, and perform your own. then the pursor will not get right back up and come looking for you, infact he will be desync'ed it will assign him a new target.

the taunt button is interesting but let us say you see a pursuer and another is on the roof, if you yell MURDERER then the guy on the roof will jump down and perform a leap of faith. Taunting would be a dead give away.

The ;lock feature blinks once your leave your pursuer sight and will go out unless you see them again, som that aspect already takes effect. Too much diversity would make one man stand out in the crowd, which would obviously be the target.

A package, no more like a codex scroll, you know like the things you collected that where blueprints for new weapons? The pass off aspect sounds interesting but you would have to get close to the holder sort of like the poisoning feature. Yes that would make sense because then both the assassin's and templars would be interested in the blueprints and would create a capture the flag aspect great idea!

Racing on assassin's creed? not so much I prefer doing my freerunning openly. unless you had horses, then racing would make sense, and it would be like a horseback free for all.

YES i definitely agrre with a online co-op story mode that way your assassin's would ACTUALLY be your friends and not just some random faction member npc person.

We are the voices, of assassins and templars alike if we band together our voices will be heard.

amovngtarget
11-23-2010, 04:12 PM
The only problem I have with Templar Vision is when a guy waits to use it when he is right in front of you and you dont have smoke bomb. It happened to me a couple times when I was using morph/decoy (not the best combo but funny when they kill the decoy). He walked up to my group and just used templar then kill right after. Now that I know not to stand in that group http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I usually stay near it but not in it. And now I usually use mute/poison anyway.

Riplings
11-24-2010, 01:30 AM
in manhunt, poison and mute or not usable be the targets, and even if you stand away from that crowd templar vision will point you out anywhere you are. except haystacks, i think... i do recall watching a pursuer use templar vision to point me out while i was in a hay stack, yet he walked away like he didn't see me and i stunned him and ran off, if that be the case, their are still haystacks scattered around the map, and not enough time to hop in one before they templar vision cluster-kill you.

WHY can't i Assassinate a pursuer when the game is called ASSASSIN'S CREED? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Let me give you a real short WTF example..

im the target its manhunt, i have 3 people looking for me, one gives up.

the other two move in, i stun the first guy feel like he just met mike tyson http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif and he is on the ground.
the second guy rushes in. i toss a smoke bomb and stun him. and before i can even move the guy on the ground is up and kills me for a hidden kill worth 700 points.

there are two very wrong things with this scenerio.

1- the guy is not hidden, i saw him, i stunned him, he was on the ground and well known about.

2- had i been able to kill my pursuers this would've went down like this...

I stun the first guy, he is down, i kill the second guy running in giving his self away. and then kill the guy who is still on the ground

The way it should be set up is like this-
You can only kill the pursuer if they do something that alerts you to their presence.
(your character, not you yourself of course)

This would make that little bar a bit more important. also they can still Attempt to rush kill.. however with proper defense, they may find themselves dead.

MrLaneFox
11-24-2010, 05:37 AM
Taunt initiating a chase would be abused unless it was an Ability with cooldown, even then it would be pointless, if they're close enough you should be running your *** off, not pointing at them, and if they're being super aggressive they're going to initiate a chase anyway.

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by zerobounds-:
Taunt initiating a chase would be abused unless it was an Ability with cooldown, even then it would be pointless, if they're close enough you should be running your *** off, not pointing at them, and if they're being super aggressive they're going to initiate a chase anyway.
That's kind of the point.

Spamming it on anyone and everyone gives YOU away to anyone hunting you, or to your target. Especially if you make it count as a high-profile action.

And if you do it when the hunter is right on top of you, wow you forced a chase that was about to happen anyway.

It's good when your pursuer is being "sneaky" in the sense that he's walking fast straight at you without a crowd around him instead of running at you. Force chase on someone who's actually giving themselves away, but without breaking the game's perception of stealth.

elvindrummer
03-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Idk if you saw this or not but yea you are playing as abstergo in multiplayer. And I always imagine if they were to show us game play that either they have capture a bunch of people who didn't know they were assassins and are torturing them to be in the animus and learn to be one. Or they may have stolen someone elseís memories and are just taking templarís and teaching them.

And kind of on a side note I really wish in the storyline you learned more about where the multiplayers came from. I know they kind of tell you on project legacy but still I think it would have been a nice thing to add.

I think it would be kind of cool to be able to create your own character. This way no one looks alike and it would create a challenge. Or I wish that the characters were slightly different. I hate that they are all the same and the only thing that is different is the way they look. I wish they had perks (only reason they may not do this is because if you joined session later you may not be able to get the character you wanted). But like maybe fiora would be more graceful and could sneak up on people easier. Or the noble may run slower because he is wearing so much clothes. I think little things like that would be cool, and would put a lot more strategy into the game.

Chaotic_Infinity
03-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Note that the last post on this thread was nearly 5 months ago.

WIDOMKR383
03-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerobounds-:
That's kind of the point.

Spamming it on anyone and everyone gives YOU away to anyone hunting you, or to your target. Especially if you make it count as a high-profile action.

And if you do it when the hunter is right on top of you, wow you forced a chase that was about to happen anyway.

It's good when your pursuer is being "sneaky" in the sense that he's walking fast straight at you without a crowd around him instead of running at you. Force chase on someone who's actually giving themselves away, but without breaking the game's perception of stealth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like this Idea especially in Assassinate if you mark someone with a taunt it keeps them in high profile for a 45 second cooldown, or makes stun prority of kill(just thinking out loud)
maybe impliment this in...dare I say...(croud calls out Dare...Dare...) Advanced Assassinatehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lethalla
03-17-2011, 06:54 PM
How about... Points deduction for killing NPCs in Assassinate...?

Edit: correcting spelling mistake, b/c I'm pedantic...

q_Knife_p
03-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Lethalla:
How about... Points deduction for kiling NPCs in Assassinate...?

Agreed!

Now here's my idea:

I'm not sure what you would call this mode but here's how you play:

It's 2v2, one person must deliver an envelope to a borgia facility. The other player must hunt him down and kill him before he gets there. Stealth will get you more points when killing the carrier. The carrier can blend in a crowd and stun the pursuer, or he can just try and sprint to the exit.

The chaser will spawn between the facility and the carrier.

Another game type which would be fun would be a free running race game type! I was hoping they would put this in with the newest DLC, but was disappointed when they didn't. It's pretty much just two people pit against eachother, first one from point A to point B wins. :P

purrkinator
03-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I still want them to give players a "taunt" button which lets them point out a pursuer and force a chase.

Asked for it during the beta, never happened.

If they add it, I vote one of two options.

1: "taunt" is a new ability given to players. Lock on, activate, and your character points and yells "MURDERER!" at the locked target. If it's an NPC, they cower and look confused (could use the firecracker animation), if it's a player they immediately enter a chase with their target. Recommend 45 or 60 second cooldown.

This could be a very nice ability.

chthulhuftaghn
03-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I agree with the point that once you have identified a pursuer and lock on to them, they should no longer be able to earn silent or incognito bonuses so long as you keep them locked on for a certain amount of time. What this should do to the pursuer is activate something that alerts them to you identifying them. Now the pursuer can either go back to hiding and try again or continue to kill the target knowing they will get less points.

And stun should have the same time / range, whatever as kill so that when you see the circle (PS3) you have as equal chance to stun as the pursuer has to kill.

Pursuer Footsteps - just as the target can be locked on when doing something conspicuos, so should the pursuer be able to be locked on when they are running towards their target. Sure the pursuer has a red arrow above their head, but i think there should be something else.

fightnbluehen
03-18-2011, 11:33 AM
An assassin that does not kill is not an assassin at all. Just a creepy dude in a cape.

That is all.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

obliviondoll
03-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Lethalla:
How about... Points deduction for killing NPCs in Assassinate...?

Edit: correcting spelling mistake, b/c I'm pedantic...
Don't think it's needed.

You've just told EVERYONE who to kill when you do that.

Someone else gains a stack of points from your mistake.

Gh0stBreaker
03-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Dude you're playing an Abstergo agent in a training simulation, you're just not allowed to kill your pursuers to make it harder for you.

Those are just the rules, like in the story mode if you kill 3 civilians you'll synchronize, it's a rule and there's nothing you can do about it.

Gh0stBreaker
03-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by chthulhuftaghn:
I agree with the point that once you have identified a pursuer and lock on to them, they should no longer be able to earn silent or incognito bonuses so long as you keep them locked on for a certain amount of time. What this should do to the pursuer is activate something that alerts them to you identifying them. Now the pursuer can either go back to hiding and try again or continue to kill the target knowing they will get less points.

And stun should have the same time / range, whatever as kill so that when you see the circle (PS3) you have as equal chance to stun as the pursuer has to kill.

Pursuer Footsteps - just as the target can be locked on when doing something conspicuos, so should the pursuer be able to be locked on when they are running towards their target. Sure the pursuer has a red arrow above their head, but i think there should be something else.

I disagree, players would just lock on to anyone that comes towards them npc or not to give them less points.

Every abstergo agent is trained hard, and if one is suppose to kill the other when the other may only stun him, the other would lose every confrontation with him if not having the element of surprise