PDA

View Full Version : When Desmond Dreams of Being Altair

SirDanielot
12-30-2009, 11:30 PM
When Desmond dreams of being altair.. what is with that? who is the lady he chases and why does he kiss her?

Bampire
12-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Maria, his wife. If you've played the first game you'll know who she is.

That was just showing you that Altair did indeed bore children.

SirDanielot
12-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Ah, i remember. Thanks alot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bampire
12-31-2009, 12:51 AM
Welcome.

Fudz4
12-31-2009, 12:44 PM
I dont remmember him having a wife... Assassins wernt allowed to even love back then in Al Mualims rule... it says in the Codex a girl named Adha who he loved or is it something to do with a religioun or am I just being a ******* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Avl521
12-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Eagle_Ghost101:
I dont remmember him having a wife... Assassins wernt allowed to even love back then in Al Mualims rule... it says in the Codex a girl named Adha who he loved or is it something to do with a religioun or am I just being a ******* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Adha seems to have been his original love, however she was kidnapped by Templars in the DS game. The Codex then says when Altair reached Adha, she was dead.
Then the Codex also tells how Altair fell in love with Maria (AC Bloodlines also contains a lot of the Story with Maria) and then in ACII we have that sequence which shows us who Altair had his sons with (I'm assuming sons but who know, could have had daughters as well, IIRC the Codex mentions Sons so there were at least 2)

Fudz4
12-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh ye I remmember now and they went and fought 'was it Ghengis Khan?' I dont know I sort of remmember him mentioning that, so she must have been a fighter or assassins awell... OR they killed him with the Apple.

Avl521
12-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Oh ye I remmember now and they went and fought 'was it Ghengis Khan?' I dont know I sort of remmember him mentioning that, so she must have been a fighter or assassins awell... OR they killed him with the Apple.
On that according to the Codex Altair and Maria spoke to their sons since Altair was kinda weak at the time so he didn't feel capable of dealing with Genghis Khan, so I assume the Assassin in Monteriggioni tomb shot Genghis Khan Horse with the arrow and maybe Altair's Sons killed Khan.
Also yeah, Maria was indeed a fighter, she posed as Robert De Sable in the first game, and throughout Bloodlines she fights too.

Fudz4
12-31-2009, 01:53 PM
I get it now.. all I want to know now is what Altair did after Page 30 "Just one last look" I mean I thought he left it in Cyprus or was he still in Cyprus when he wrote the pages? sorry I never played the side games.

NuclearFuss
12-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Why does Desmond say 'Isn't that the woman from Acre?', because as I remember we only saw her in Jerusalem. Or is there more info in Bloodlines?

Fudz4
12-31-2009, 02:36 PM
He doesnt say that.. if i remmember correctly he says "What the... This is Acre.... Altair.... Im not even in the animus.... must be some kind of wierd dream....hmph... That must be his target."

caswallawn_2k7
12-31-2009, 02:50 PM
That was just showing you that Altair did indeed bore children.
the entire concept of the game already told you that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Avl521
12-31-2009, 03:00 PM
I get it now.. all I want to know now is what Altair did after Page 30 "Just one last look" I mean I thought he left it in Cyprus or was he still in Cyprus when he wrote the pages? sorry I never played the side games.

Well I played the one on DS and Bloodlines, I'm missing AC Discovery.
The DS one doesn't involve much story, however it tells the Adha deal until she is kidnapped by templars. Bloodlines pretty much deals with Altair going to Cyprus chasing the remaining templars and the whole Maria affair.

Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That was just showing you that Altair did indeed bore children.
the entire concept of the game already told you that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
HAHAHA yeah I agree on that.

Jedted
12-31-2009, 03:18 PM
He doesnt say that.. if i remmember correctly he says "What the... This is Acre.... Altair.... Im not even in the animus.... must be some kind of wierd dream....hmph... That must be his target."

When you reach the top of the tower Desmond says "It's the woman from Acre, Maria". I assumed that Desmond just has his facts messed up cause Altair met her in Jerusalim not Acre, they also didn't tell you her name in AC1 either(aside from in the credits) so that's a pretty big plot hole there i think.

Assassin_Mitch
12-31-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm pretty sure they said her name, and I think he says something like
"Hey its her... Maria was it?"
I have to watch it again, I'll just go check on youtube, much faster that way

Fudz4
01-01-2010, 02:26 PM
guys ok... refresh my memory... when did altair meet maria was it in AC 1?

caswallawn_2k7
01-01-2010, 02:29 PM
guys ok... refresh my memory... when did altair meet maria was it in AC 1?
she was the templar who took the place of Robert in one of the later battles in AC1 (Altair didn't kill her after the fight) he also meets up with her again in bloodlines.

Fudz4
01-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Hmm I dont remmember seeing Maria, ill have to play the game again when I buy it for my 360.

Black_Widow9
01-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by SirDanielot:
When Desmond dreams of being altair.. what is with that? who is the lady he chases and why does he kiss her?

Please put *SPOILERS* in your title.

ohiovol62
01-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm on this level and when I try to go up the tower to get that girl Altair only makes it up half way. I try to get him to climb up to the wood overhang with the light hanging from it and he won't. I know it's a problem because this a simple action I've done hundreds of times in this game. Anyone got any Ideas?

caswallawn_2k7
01-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ohiovol62:
I'm on this level and when I try to go up the tower to get that girl Altair only makes it up half way. I try to get him to climb up to the wood overhang with the light hanging from it and he won't. I know it's a problem because this a simple action I've done hundreds of times in this game. Anyone got any Ideas?
in future use search before posting, this is the most simple thing ever in the game, stand on the wall under the end of the bar hold high profile and tap the legs button do not press a direction and you will preform a straight up jump and grab the end of the post.

Elvoen
01-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by ohiovol62:

its simple : just jump up to the wall next to the door and then jump again to the side so you reach that wooden 'pole 'thing

Black_Widow9
01-02-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)