PDA

View Full Version : insurgency dlc disappears?

bulmic
07-03-2010, 09:39 AM
hello all,
wondering if anyone has seen the problem i'm having with the insurgency dlc, or knows how to permanently fix it.
i have downloaded and installed the insurgency dlc, and played several of the maps, but lately it has been disappearing from the map list. i know i'm supposed to scroll down to them usually, but when this happens they disappear off the list entirely.
now, i have been able to get a temporary fix by reinstalling the dlc pack, and the maps come back, along with the progress i made in them (it shows completed even after reinstall, which is good.)
but how do i permanently solve this problem?

GuZZ33
07-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by bulmic:
hello all,
wondering if anyone has seen the problem i'm having with the insurgency dlc,lately it has been disappearing from the map list. i know i'm supposed to scroll down to them usually, but when this happens they disappear off the list entirely.
Hello bulmic, this has happened to me on several occasions just lately. I don't no of any sort of permanent fix for this. When this happens i also notice a message saying the servers are unavailable, then of course when i go to play the insurgency maps they are not there, strange indeed.

Stonelaw
07-04-2010, 12:07 AM
The DLC needs to be confirmed by the server before it allows you to play those maps. When you first run the game, you probably can't log into the Ubi server either. No connect = no verification that you have legitimately purchased the DLC, thus the maps are inaccessible.

Wait a bit and the connection will be made and the maps will be available. It takes several minutes. I usually just start playing Hunter and take out a few guys, then exit back to the menu and I am logged in to the server and my DLC maps are available.

KenTWOu
07-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Already discuss this issue. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/6961085968)

GuZZ33
07-04-2010, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Sevael:
The DLC, No connect = no verification that you have legitimately purchased the DLC, thus the maps are inaccessible.
Yeah, it's just strange that everything else is accessible and playable but the Insurgency map pack. I believe there is a glitch/anomaly in the works, server side that is, or maybe a combination of server maintenance and recent patch update?, or DoS attack on mainframe?.

KenTWOu
07-04-2010, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by GuZZ33:
Yeah, it's just strange that everything else is accessible and playable but the Insurgency map pack.
Sevael is right. I also think that they have separate servers for DLC/ULC, or separate verification for it, or separate places of data storage.

And in my case DLC levels dissappeared only when I can't access ULC menu where you unlock new content.

I blame patch 1.04 for it. I think it changes verification system because UBI stops to release ULC.

bulmic
07-05-2010, 03:07 PM
cool, thank you all very much for your help!

k9mike1
07-08-2010, 12:41 AM
I am having a problem where the only map I got was the San Fransico map. I thought there were 4? But, I only have the San Fransico map. This sucks to only get one map for 10 bucks?
Mike

k9mike1
07-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Never mind...I found them. You have to use the mouse wheel to move the maps because there is so many on there....Doh!
Mike