PDA

View Full Version : Full Real Squads-Plan to attend our "Switches On Summit"....

FA_Maddog
01-26-2005, 04:09 PM
"Copied from Fallen Angels Website" www.fallenangels.dyndns.org (http://www.fallenangels.dyndns.org)

€œFull Real€ Squads €" Plan to Attend our "Switches On Summit"€¦
Every time we investigate an on-line competition or get challenged to a match by another squad the settings for the event(s) are dumbed down to such a degree that we ultimately pass on getting involved. Our objective in Forgotten Battles is to simulate the WWII pilot€s experience as close to real as possible. 1C has given us the tools to recreate this type of experience, yet the vast majority of pilots and squads are not willing to put forth the effort to learn each aircraft€s flight characteristics, instrumentation, aircraft identification and navigation.

Our goal is to assemble as many full-real squads as possible and work together to develop our own Association. Through this Association we can compete in our own Cooperatives, Matches and Campaigns using settings that are meaningful. Squads that only use full-real settings are serious about tactics and mission plans. If this describes your squad, then we want to hear from you!

The Summit will be held Feb. 12, 2005 @ 2:00 p.m Eastern (US) on TeamSpeak
The first step is to let us know who you are. Send me an E-mail and tell me about your squad. Include information like location, squad C.O./X.O., number of members, venue (FB, AEP, PF), Website, etc. If you have any immediate comments or questions regarding our initiative, please include them. You will receive a reply containing our TeamSpeak server IP, password and agenda for the meeting. Please spread the word to every full-real squad that you know.

If everything goes as hoped we will establish a Website and Forum for our group. This will give us a common location to set up events, matches as well as exchange ideas and trash talk.

We hope that you also see the value in creating an Association between squads that share a common goal and we look forward to hearing from you.

By FA_Intruder, 1-26-2005
CO. Fallen Angels.

FA_Maddog
01-26-2005, 04:09 PM
"Copied from Fallen Angels Website" www.fallenangels.dyndns.org (http://www.fallenangels.dyndns.org)

Every time we investigate an on-line competition or get challenged to a match by another squad the settings for the event(s) are dumbed down to such a degree that we ultimately pass on getting involved. Our objective in Forgotten Battles is to simulate the WWII pilot€s experience as close to real as possible. 1C has given us the tools to recreate this type of experience, yet the vast majority of pilots and squads are not willing to put forth the effort to learn each aircraft€s flight characteristics, instrumentation, aircraft identification and navigation.

Our goal is to assemble as many full-real squads as possible and work together to develop our own Association. Through this Association we can compete in our own Cooperatives, Matches and Campaigns using settings that are meaningful. Squads that only use full-real settings are serious about tactics and mission plans. If this describes your squad, then we want to hear from you!

The first step is to let us know who you are. Send me an E-mail and tell me about your squad. Include information like location, squad C.O./X.O., number of members, venue (FB, AEP, PF), Website, etc. If you have any immediate comments or questions regarding our initiative, please include them. You will receive a reply containing our TeamSpeak server IP, password and agenda for the meeting. Please spread the word to every full-real squad that you know.

If everything goes as hoped we will establish a Website and Forum for our group. This will give us a common location to set up events, matches as well as exchange ideas and trash talk.

We hope that you also see the value in creating an Association between squads that share a common goal and we look forward to hearing from you.

CO. Fallen Angels.

Hydra444
01-27-2005, 09:11 AM
"...settings that are meaningful." Hmmmm...Nope,can't say that understand what you mean by "settings that are meaningful".Do people really care that much about settings?I've always believed that the "full-real" squads stayed away from the "lesser" settings because they worry they might lose IMO (no offense,honest).Who cares about what the settings are,it's just a game after all.I say that when it comes to squadron matches,everyone should be able to have their cake and eat it too.

MEGILE
01-27-2005, 09:15 AM
How is this different from VEF/Beullum/VOW.. all full real coops.

FA_Maddog
01-27-2005, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magill:
How is this different from VF/Blum/VOW.. all full real coops. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right now we have no central meeting place for squad challenges. We are hoping that in this forum squads can meet, talk, have input into what kind of matches like co-ops, or scripted DEF servers they would like to fly against with each other.

The other on-line wars are great, but in this forum squads can script their own type of theater of operations that they want to fly at any given time using historical plane sets and year. In this way squads can fly the Mediterranean, Pacific, ETO, Eastern front any time they want against other squads.

MEGILE
01-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Oke.

Anything full real gets the http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif from me.

FA_Intruder_CO
01-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Hydra,

I don't want you or anyone else to misunderstand our intentions. The Fallen Angels are a "Full-Real" squad in that we treat the IL-2 FB series as a simulator. As that term implies, to simulate the WWII fighter pilot experience as close to real-world as the game will allow. Meaningful settings to us are all "Switches On".

Maddox and 1C has given everyone the option to get whatever they want out of this game. If you only want to utilize it as a game, fine. There are many of us that prefer to build different skills such as navigation & aircraft identification and this software allows us to do that. WWII pilots struggled with aircraft ID and navigation. That's why we are so strict about using correct markings on our server. They also learned to rely on their wingman (as well as being a wingman) and their COM in order to survive. Our approach to IL-2 is the same.

We prefer to go thru the preflight procedures, ATC on the ground to assure that all 20 aircraft takeoff safely, flight patterns over Home Plate to build the formations and execute a mission plan as a team.

We prefer NOT to use icons or any other form of an aid that can take away from the "realism". Icons are not conducive to tactics or evading the enemy down on the deck. Again, just our preference.

We are simply trying to identify like-minded squads in order to battle against them under the settings that we train and fly at. We also attempt recreate historical battles and scenarios by using the correct plane-sets and conditions. We firmly believe in incorporating multiple objectives (ground targets, ships, etc.) in our matches and the maps on our dedicated server in HyperLobby. We just can't get into fighter sweeps like CFS2. That's one of the reasons we made the switch to FB.

The one thing I can't stand is when both sides have the identical plane-sets or offer every aircraft under the sun. It becomes an Uber-plane war and there is just something wrong about two 109s going against each other.

Megile, we are not trying to establish a VOW-type setup either. We may eventually set up a Dynamic Campaign, but that is in the future. Our immediate interests are in Matches and Coops with other full-real squads.

Bottomline: Different people want different things out of this game. It's no different than joining a particular squad. They are offering what you are looking for. I'm not trying to put anyone down because they don't fly the settings that I like. You're right. It's just a game! Enjoy it.

VF51_Flatspin
01-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Bumper http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Goodwood_Alpha
01-28-2005, 10:19 PM
"Full-Real" is a misnomer at best, and at worst is an excuse for elitism.

Want proof? Take a flight in an AT-6 Texan, and look around you in the cockpit. This game is as much a simulator of a real WWII aircraft as the Silent Hunter series is a simulator of a German U-boat. In other words, there is no comparison. Want further proof? Ask Mr. Monroe Q. Williams, he can often be found flying in Hyperlobby -- and yes, he flies in the "less-real" (hehehe) servers with the rest of his squad (the 353rd Virtual Fighter Group).

I've taken the flight in an AT-6, so I know what I'm talking about. Try what you do in this sim with that plane in the air, and you'll likely not be coming back. The Texan don't appreciate that kind of yank-and-bank... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FA_Intruder_CO
01-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Wow! One flight in a trainer and your an expert. Thanks for the heads-up Woody. I don't believe that anyone has ever claimed that this game was perfect or anywhere near it. None of us are that ignorant.

You obviously have trouble understanding English too. I see no reference to elitism or any attempt to denigrate (that means to put down) those that use settings other than "full-real.

Read this real slowly and maybe you can pick up on the concept this time. It is our preference to turn on all of the switches and attempt to be historically accurate (as possible) with our maps, missions and plane-sets. Believe it or not, there are other squads that also prefer to do the same thing. We want to hook up with these squads and run Coops, Missions and Matches with them since we all have something in common.

Now, is that too difficult to understand? I really couldn't care less about your opinion of us "elitists". Next time you have the urge to post your comments try using your brain first.

x__CRASH__x
01-29-2005, 12:17 AM
I shy away from the term Full Real, as it is not, as we all know.

I use Full Switch or Full Difficult.

AWL_Spinner
01-29-2005, 01:49 AM
...But everyone knows exactly what you mean, and those who wants to pick over the terminology in a bout of pendantry are only raking over old ground.

Thanks for the heads up.

Goodwood_Alpha
01-29-2005, 02:17 AM
Hey Smart Guy, read the first line of my original post again and maybe you'll see that I was not referring to anyone as being "elitist". I simply stated, for everyone to see, that "full-real" is a misnomer, and believe it or not it has been used (many times) to put down other pilots who don't use the term or the concept that it implies.

Did I say I was an expert? Hardly. However, I know of several real-life pilots, some of whom have seen real combat, who would back up the notion of "full-real" being not so real as you and others say it is supposed to be. Feel free to use the maximum difficulty settings if you want, I don't mind. But please, don't try to snow me and say that you are "recreating real WWII air combat", or even "simulating" it. We both know it is neither.

Anyway, have fun squinting at dots. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

pacettid
01-29-2005, 04:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goodwood_Alpha:
Hey Smart Guy, read the first line of my original post again and maybe you'll see that I was not referring to anyone as being "elitist". I simply stated, for everyone to see, that "full-real" is a misnomer, and believe it or not it has been used (many times) to put down other pilots who don't use the term or the concept that it implies.

Did I say I was an expert? Hardly. However, I know of several real-life pilots, some of whom have seen real combat, who would back up the notion of "full-real" being not so real as you and others say it is supposed to be. Feel free to use the maximum difficulty settings if you want, I don't mind. But please, don't try to snow me and say that you are "recreating real WWII air combat", or even "simulating" it. We both know it is neither.

Anyway, have fun squinting at dots. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations Woody! You win today's award for thread hi-jacking and slicing baloney with an electron microscope. This thread has nothing to do with the argument about the proper taxonomy for settings in this simulation. You obviously have no intention of participating in the summit, so why duel with us on taxonomy?

madsarmy
01-29-2005, 05:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pacettid:
Congratulations Woody! You win today's award for thread hi-jacking and slicing baloney with an electron microscope. This thread has nothing to do with the argument about the proper taxonomy for settings in this simulation. You obviously have no intention of participating in the summit, so why duel with us on taxonomy? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well put pacettid & best of luck with your plans Maddog.Hope it all goes well.

Osirisx9
01-29-2005, 05:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FA_Maddog:
"Copied from Fallen Angels Website" http://www.fallenangels.dyndns.org

CO. Fallen Angels. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Salute FA_Intruder. Warbirds of Prey formally "Birds of Prey" has been trying to do this very same thing for the past year or so...... We started out as a server where you would have to pay to become a member but we are no longer requiring anyone to pay a fee to join us. The original purpose of the fee was to create a home for where a exclusive group of full real pilots can fly and talk full real with like minded pilots. I would like to add there are individuals out there that have spread lies about Warbirds of Prey and our motives even though we were up front about everything on our Website. I can tell you more via PM or teamspeak if your intrested. This is not the place for it. I dont know how much you know about Warbirds of Prey but Right now we have 60 members but I don't know exactly how many of our members actually try to fly on the server. I don't know if you noticed this already but but there are different opinions about what Full Real is supposed to be. Some say speedbar should be enabled. Others say that there should be limited Icons. I think you and I are actually on the same page however which is Full Switch. Its been a constant uphill battle to try to get pilots to try out Full Switch but once they learn the basics they finally see that it is easier than they thought it would be. The hardest thing really is to just get pilots to try out the server but in our case it could be because of some untruths that were said about Warbirds of Prey. I hope it is that they see that all the switches are checked and go to a server with more forgiging settings especially if they dont know the history of the server. One thing we did come to realise is that allot will claim to want full real but fly Icon servers allot of the time. If there is no one to seed the server they wont bother to join and just move on to Icon servers. People like to go where the crowd is. I will encourage the members of Warbirds of Prey to attend your summit. Our server is called "War_Birdsofprey" on HL . Maybe we can help you guys out. Good luck FA

RAF238thOsiris
www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org)

IVJG51_Dart
01-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Looking forward to this Intruder. And for those that don't agree with these settings. Well, good on ya! Have fun with your cup of tea, we will with ours, but try to refrain from coming in here and pissing on our parade just for the sake of being argumentative.

IVJG51_Dart
01-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Bump for those that may have missed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FA_IKKYO
02-02-2005, 08:32 PM
"Bump"

Copperhead310th
02-02-2005, 09:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goodwood_Alpha:

Want proof? Take a flight in an AT-6 Texan, and look around you in the cockpit. This game is as much a simulator of a real WWII aircraft as the Silent Hunter series is a simulator of a German U-boat. In other words, there is no comparison. Want further proof? Ask Mr. Monroe Q. Williams, he can often be found flying in Hyperlobby -- and yes, he flies in the "less-real" (hehehe) servers with the rest of his squad (the 353rd Virtual Fighter Group).

I've taken the flight in an AT-6, so I know what I'm talking about. Try what you do in this sim with that plane in the air, and you'll likely not be coming back. The Texan don't appreciate that kind of yank-and-bank... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR><span class="ev_code_RED">"Full-Real" is a misnomer at best, and at worst is an excuse for elitism.</span> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG i have been working to hard. I'm in agreement with GW. too many 14 hr days @ work. man i must really need a vacation.

Seriosly. Settings are all a matter of personal preferance. I/ and most of my squad prefer greater green and war clouds type server setting. Still very Simulator feeling and at the same time not so over the top to make it no fun at all. that is why the majoity of us are here...to have fun and enjoy our frinds who share this hoby with us. (altho there are some i think that would like to relive and rewrite history more to thier liking) If you want full real strap into a Me-109 and let a jug B&Z you into a fire ball in real life. that would be full real. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Full real is NOT real. should be called "full dificult"

and intuder i belive that what GW was tring to say is that there is an element is the comunity that create the atmosphere that flying on easier settings is...well... compleatly undesirable. thus they create an elitist Aura with in the comunity. "we fly full real" we're better than you. and this happens mostly unententionly. I noticed it my sllf when i flew on servers with less dificult settings.
I will say this much. they were right about one thing. Flying on WC & Greater Green and other comperible servers will make you a beter pilot.
Gradually over the [past 6 months or so i phased my self out of open pit and external servers. and am now quite comfortable on WC type servers. where the use to be just mundane & boring, they are now fun a and intersting.
But as a matter of personal preferance i doubt that i would be interested in any thing more difficult than what i am already flying.

HelSqnProtos
02-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Bump

Hunde_3.JG51
02-02-2005, 10:54 PM
We'll definitely be there, thanks for the heads up.

Hi Dart!

Lucius_Esox
02-03-2005, 04:50 AM
Is being rude being able to say what you want, in a way you want to say it? Or is it just plain f**k**g ignorance. Pah!

FA_Intruder_CO
02-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Oh my. It's becoming painfully obvious to me that no matter what is posted here there is a percentage of people (hopefully low) that just can't grasp the meaning of my words. This will be my final attempt. I promise!

1. We (FA) and others PREFER to utilize everything that the developers have given us. Call it "full switched", "switches on", "full real", "full difficulty" or anything you want to. No matter what you call it, everyone understands what it means.

2. Does "full real" settings make IL-2 just like the real thing? Hell no! What it does offer someone like myself is an appreciation for the various challenges that the real WWII pilots experienced such as:

* Limited visibility through the cockpit

* Instrument identification and engine mgmt (unfortunately, this aspect became a very low priority since everyone complained about engine failure rates early on. Now you can abuse the heck out of your powerplant and keep on flying)

* Aircraft identification

* Navigation

* Acceptable flight and damage models. None of the flight or damage models in this sim are 100% accurate. All that we can expect is that they are reasonably close and that they reasonably reflect the unique characteristics of each aircraft.

3. It is our PREFERRENCE to recreate historical situations whenever possible and to develop flight tactics based upon those conditions. It is limited by the maps and aircraft that we are given. It is by no means an attempt to rewrite history. It is simply something that we like to do. Early in WWII, the Germans and Japanese had a distinct advantage due to superior aircraft design. Near the end of the war the pendulum swung the other way. We find it very challenging to take the side of the underdog and win the battle. You can only accomplish this if you learn the strengths of the inferior aircraft and employ exceptional teamwork.

4. We want to identify other squads that PREFER to fly with these settings and appreciate the challenges they present.

I don't know how I can state my position more clearly. Notice my use of the word "PREFER". I don't care what anyone elses "preferrences" are and I have no dillusion of grandure. I don't think any less of a pilot that uses settings different from mine. We all have different reasons and motivations for playing this game.

Copperhead, you said it best. You found the settings that you PREFER and you seek out others to fly with/against that feel the same way. So I ask you, why do you find my PREFERRENCE and my desire to seek out others that share my PREFERRENCES so offensive?

FA_IKKYO
02-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Bump