PDA

View Full Version : How do I view airspeed and altitude, not just HDG?

Superjew1
06-14-2009, 05:47 PM
When I use to play Janes WWII Flight Simulator I could bring up just the airspeed and altitude gauges so I could keep track of that while flying. In this game the airspeed one is too small and in the bottom left corner it only shows me the Heading (least important since Im not navigating much in this game)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get my airspeed and altitude to pop up in the bottom left corner so I can keep track of it, along with my HDG?

jamesblonde1979
06-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Offline: Assign a key to toggle speed bar and use the key you have bound to toggle through the different displays.

Online: Some servers (ie Zekes vs Wildcats) have it disabled and it can't be used. Check the difficulty settings for the server and see if "Show Speed Bar" is checked.

na85
06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
In this game the airspeed one is too small

Use the zoom controls. I think it's called "gunsight view" to zoom in and look at your gauges if they're too small.

Tully__
06-15-2009, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by jamesblonde1979:
Offline: Assign a key to toggle speed bar and use the key you have bound to toggle through the different displays.

But first make sure you have the "No Speedbar" difficulty setting turned off.

Superjew1
06-16-2009, 08:58 AM
For some odd reason, the guy who wrote the Straight from the Farm campaign feels that knowing this crucial information is bad for you. If I had a 30inch monitor that could actually make the airspeed gauge large enough to read (I only have a 22inch monitor) or if Oleg Maddox had incorporated a zoom in feature for important gauges like Janes WWII Fighter did, than maybe I wouldnt have to toggle the speed bar on, but my Dad finds it very frustrating not know his Airspeed/altitude while flying and he was a real pilot.

Rwulf__68
06-16-2009, 11:41 AM
If you have Track IR, & the 6DOF from the other site, then you can just lean in & look at these instruments together with any others you fancy. It's also very good for looking around the sometimes awesome cockpits in IL2.

If no Track IR, then as suggested use the zoom view & for best results, assign these three controls onto you joystick near the hat/guns.
I use a MSFFB2 so:

Toggle FOV - (Default=Insert) Button 3

Toggle Gunsight (Default=Shift+F1) Button 4

Hope that helps,

Cheers fer now.

Superjew1
06-16-2009, 11:45 AM
I just ordered a TrackIR the other day should be coming in soon.