PDA

View Full Version : Best graphics quality question

pilot_p-38
06-22-2006, 07:10 PM
It is possible to improve the graphics quality, as an example to see the wheels completely rounded? Do I have to change something inside the file .ini?

I have a good graphic card nVidia 7800, 2GB RAM, 3800MHz

pilot_p-38
06-22-2006, 07:10 PM
It is possible to improve the graphics quality, as an example to see the wheels completely rounded? Do I have to change something inside the file .ini?

I have a good graphic card nVidia 7800, 2GB RAM, 3800MHz

FritzGryphon
06-22-2006, 08:21 PM
If you've already got everything set on high, that's as detailed as the models get.

Generally, the new planes are quite well rounded, with a polygon count of 3000-4000 for a single engine plane. It is lower than in some other civilian or jet sims, given the large number of planes that may be on the screen at one time.

The older planes from IL-2 and FB will look more jagged, having been modeled many years ago for lower system specs.

FlatSpinMan
06-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi P-38,
For rounded curves (as opposed to straight curves?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif) have you set your anti-aliasing on your graphics card? I have mine on 4x and most curves look great. However, some of the aircraft models, especially the older ones, are fairly chunky around nacelles and stuff. Look at the P-39 for an example of how smooth edges can be in game.