PDA

View Full Version : Interesting CTD, help needed!

Foehammer-1
08-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I installed a mod without rolling back Commander recently. That caused a CTD before the game even loaded to the main menu. I uninstalled every mod, as well as Commander, and uninstalled the game. Re-installed it, patched it, and that same thing happens. It crashes when the red meter reaches about 2/3rd of the way.... I can't play. Can someone please help?

tuddley3
08-03-2007, 02:31 AM
When you tried it after re-install, did you try it completely vanilla ? And, if you did and still got CTD, what does the error report say when you click on "click here". There should be something printed next to where it says Mod : (such as Sh3.exe), sometimes this tells me what the discrepancy is, like sometimes its the Sound.Act file or like with WAC it is normally d3d9.dll and d3d9.cfg files as the culprit.

Hope you resolve this soon, I am sure you are experiencing withdrawl symptoms.

AtlantikEel
08-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Foehammer-1:
I installed a mod without rolling back Commander recently. That caused a CTD before the game even loaded to the main menu. I uninstalled every mod, as well as Commander, and uninstalled the game. Re-installed it, patched it, and that same thing happens. It crashes when the red meter reaches about 2/3rd of the way.... I can't play. Can someone please help?

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">This same problem has happened to me in the past.</span>

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">The re-install will often get confused over any undeleted files.</span>
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">When you do a complete uninstall, be sure to also delete the Silent Hunter 3 file folder from your C:/Program Files, and also delete all saved career files from your computer.
Then re-install from scratch.</span>

Foehammer-1
08-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Ok, thanks guys, I will try that