PDA

View Full Version : Some concerns

Tritogeneia
08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Hello, my name is Kevin Jack and I am extremely excited for this game like all you others out there!

Anyways this is a MAJOR concern of mine that needs to be addressed before I even consider picking this game up. Where to begin? Haha ok

First, in every trailer especially the (E3? Where they demo it, trailer?) it looks like the person you need/trying to assassinate stands still the hole time. If this is the case this will also make the "Go anyways , you have complete control of the environment" completely useless. There would be no point to jump on roofs, sneak down walls if the person is in one place in the town the hole game.

It would be truly (Next-Gen) if the person you tried to assassinate carried out a full day, walking from place to place. That would make the sneaking on roofs almost essential for game play. You know, you could follow them around until they are alone or with not many people before you kill them so you don't attract as much attention. Or go for the big kill and wait for a politician that you are trying to kill to be giving a speech to towns people before you drop down from a roof top and make the kill.

Personally I will not buy this game if it comes out and the person you are trying to assassinate stands in one spot the hole time and you could just run up a regular road to kill him, and "sneaking" climbing on buildings etc was just something you could do to if you wanted to but it wasn't necessary.

the_assassin_07
08-07-2007, 11:40 AM
How do you know it's in the same place all the time?

Phreaky_McGeek
08-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Looks like you're behind the times. Chasing slave traders through the crowded streets, anyone?

the_assassin_07
08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah WOHOO I've seen that, looks cool chasing targets through crowded streets...

deskpe
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
if the ppl you were assassinating was just walking around the streets that'd be boring, and the places/ setting u find the targets in is propably a bit of the story

Tritogeneia
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Obvsioly I don't know this, I'm not stating a fact.

I have just recently looked into Assassin's Creed and I am pretty excited for it. Of course the STREET people walk around. But the actual person your trying to assasinate might not, I'v watched every trailer of this game and each person they assasinate in each trailers stands in one spot and never moves, even though you do not get to see him for very long.

ScytheOfGrim
08-07-2007, 11:45 AM
oo! me! me! phreaky! pick me!

to tell the truth not alot is known about the game right now...the guy might stay in one place for a long time, but he could carry out a daily routine. but there are suspicions that time only moves after you complete your current objective, so here would be no need for your target to move. unless he's patrolling an area with a bunch of guards, of course...

i think that sums it up quite nicely...

A_Bird_Of_Prey_
08-07-2007, 11:45 AM
the point of the sneaking is to get to the person who is in his natural habitat, his basic area. he is being protected by bodyguards. so you cant just walk up to him. plus the assassination is the shortest part so I dont realize why you are complaining. the longest parts are the observation and the escape(Escape is gonna be my favorate part!!!!cant wait).

Phreaky_McGeek
08-07-2007, 11:47 AM
The trailers are theatrical, if you're looking for info on the game you're looking in the wrong place. The assassinations in the ingame trailers were all the same guy, where other videos show assassinations involving chasing the target through the city.

Lordgrunty11
08-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Tritogeneia:
Obvsioly I don't know this, I'm not stating a fact.

I have just recently looked into Assassin's Creed and I am pretty excited for it. Of course the STREET people walk around. But the actual person your trying to assasinate might not, I'v watched every trailer of this game and each person they assasinate in each trailers stands in one spot and never moves, even though you do not get to see him for very long.

Are you sure you have seen any videos of this game? What are you talking about him standing still the hole time? When you kill the guys body guards then he freakin goes to the roof and runs through crowded city streets?

mormonplyr
08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
i think hes talking about the demo in acre where the dude you were trying to kill was just standing there, but has he seen the new demo? Sweet chases through super crowded streets...i dont think there will be much standing around in this game.

chikkenstorm
08-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Well, you also have seen that Altair had like 15 guards chasing him in no time. And some guards guarding him directly. So I guess there will be targets just standing, but they have other things that aren't easy.

moqqy
08-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Hello, my name is Kevin Jack and I am extremely excited for this game like all you others out there!

Anyways this is a MAJOR concern of mine that needs to be addressed before I even consider picking this game up. Where to begin? Haha ok

First, in every trailer especially the (E3? Where they demo it, trailer?) it looks like the person you need/trying to assassinate stands still the hole time. If this is the case this will also make the "Go anyways , you have complete control of the environment" completely useless. There would be no point to jump on roofs, sneak down walls if the person is in one place in the town the hole game.

It would be truly (Next-Gen) if the person you tried to assassinate carried out a full day, walking from place to place. That would make the sneaking on roofs almost essential for game play. You know, you could follow them around until they are alone or with not many people before you kill them so you don't attract as much attention. Or go for the big kill and wait for a politician that you are trying to kill to be giving a speech to towns people before you drop down from a roof top and make the kill.

Personally I will not buy this game if it comes out and the person you are trying to assassinate stands in one spot the hole time and you could just run up a regular road to kill him, and "sneaking" climbing on buildings etc was just something you could do to if you wanted to but it wasn't necessary.

Well I guess you won't be buying the game then.
Sneaking is something you can do if you want, but it's not essential. This isn't that kind of stealth game. The assassinations aren't(shouldn't) even be supposed to be sneaky..

bobbysingh99
08-07-2007, 03:51 PM
i think what hes saying is

it wont feel like a proper assassination if the target just stands there in one spot the whole time, even the slave trader only ran after you got into his hideout, its not like your observing him and finding the right time to strike - your just chasing him.

it just doesnt seem like a real assassination type thing, which would have you stalking your target as he lives his life, suprising him with a attack and then getting out of there, its a bit more scripted than that

either way though we cant tell for sure what happens yet, i guess depending on the target the approach would be different

TogaLive
08-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I think it would be best as a few others have said to simply wait for it to come out, the only footage we have really been able to see much of have been very limited in scope, and shouldnt be held accountable for the entire games many elements http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The following is basically my repeat of everyone elses feelings lol, took so long to type you guys already responded lol

I think it would be best for you to revise the video. It clearly shows for example in the end where he, the slave trader, is running through a crowd and is trying to get through. Its a game of catch-up; if they were always running you would never get them, even with the ability to constantly jump from wall to wall. Either way half of the time the victims are in fact in motion to their next point where you will run into another challenge. Its not too realistic for them to run around forever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

That would make the sneaking on roofs almost essential for game play. You know, you could follow them around until they are alone or with not many people before you kill them so you don't attract as much attention. Or go for the big kill and wait for a politician that you are trying to kill to be giving a speech to towns people before you drop down from a roof top and make the kill.

As shown in the demos they do carry out for a bit; fighting hordes of guys tends to slow you down. Also roof jumping is infact essential for gameplay, as oncemore, was shown in the demo through his need to bypass multiple guards without being noticed. As for the killing, the assassins of that time period clearly did not have any regard for the position of the kill, whether it be in private or in public, all that mattered was that it got done, and was done with reasonable honor and form.

Through some experiance in gaming production (not much but still more then most) I believe it would be wise of me to point out that in NO game is it a good idea to force someone to have to do something in order to accomplish the goal. A poor example of gaming creation is Star Wars Jedi Nights 2, in which you were forced to allow a boss to strike you down in order to progress, therefore sincerely pissing off all people who could run around giving said boss a smackdown without even being touched. In order for a game to have true creativity and potential you should never be forced to do anything in specific; yes you have to kill these guys sometime and mabey within a time limit, but whether you decide to take a sword to him in the streets, or a silent blade to him in his sleep, its vital the gamer is the one to make that decision.

Good points, luckily though many of them have been addressed so you dont have much to worry about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oh and welcome to the forums! If you need rules or anything just PM me or read up a bit in those stickies http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SmokehtheFirst
08-07-2007, 04:47 PM
You know, man, you don't HAVE to sneak around on rooftops. You can charge at him, weapon drawn in front of everyone.

If you're SUPER excited about this game just like us, it'd be stupid not to buy it just because of a stupid little complaint like this one.

EDIT: Plus, why the heck does it matter?

Phreaky_McGeek
08-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Y'know, the thrill of seeing the target standing on a different stair.

Tritogeneia
08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks for all the response, and thoughts, discussion.

ThePheonix1030
08-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Well, since there is going to be nine assassinations, it would be nice if at least one of those men would be 'standing still' with guards all around watching the area and Altair would have to shoot a dagger or something else from far away and take him out (a crossbow would be nice, but from what I've heard, that won't be an option). But when I think about it, all of his kills have to be public http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

P.S: Hey, I just thought of something. Will one of those nine people be a woman? That'll be interesting. It's something Jade hasn't mentioned yet...

AldirTheKnight
08-07-2007, 07:33 PM
well from my knowledge there weren't any female generals around that time, but then the french decided to be gay and used joan de arc lol

ScytheOfGrim
08-08-2007, 12:38 AM
lol

for the french had it been a guy or a girl it wouldnt have made a differnece http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

that is a good question though pheon...i dont think so...do we only know about two of the guys we have to kill??? how many do we know about??

jackleberryfin
08-08-2007, 12:53 AM
I think it is important to understand that the people you are trying to assassinate are "high up" people. They dont just walk the streets in their free time. So to have them doin so would be a little weird. The target isnt always stationary though...like if you miss them or something or you are "made" they will run like hell and u may be forced to chase them for a long time as ive seen in a clip of gameplay. My only concern about this fantasticly orgasmic game is that jumping is automatic.. or so i have heard in the "facts forum" thing.... kinda disapointing

chewie1890
08-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Okay let me do a run-down. This is all coming from pure memory so some of it might be off by a bit.

According to Jade each 'objective' takes place at a certain time during the story. You go looking for information to find out where he's going to be and at what times. Then you go and do the kill, you've got to find the guy based on your information and if you miss him at a certain time it will go to the next point in time or 'restart' the memory because it was obviously incorrect.

The interesting thing about the kill is, if it's known theres an assassin breezing through town, the guards will be looking for you, and if they see you, BAM! You're target is off and running a la the slave trader.

The thing about the assassination video for the slave trader is as I'm sure you all remember, that was a planned trap for Altair. He was waiting for Altair after 'feeding' him false information. He never expected Altair to get past his guards, when he saw him on the roof, he ran like a freakin' kenyan.

And of course the third part is the escape, but that doesn't really have any bearing on this post so... Meh.

chikkenstorm
08-08-2007, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by jackleberryfin:
My only concern about this fantasticly orgasmic game is that jumping is automatic.. or so i have heard in the "facts forum" thing.... kinda disapointing Well, you go smash the jump-button while jumping from bar to bar that are smaller then your feet. That would need perfect timing, and you'd worry more about jumping that anything else. That would ruin the game.

rubent1981
08-08-2007, 05:28 AM
I remember jade saying targets will have a daily routine in a interview a long time ago and for the guy in the demo, he was a slave trader wasn't he ? So it isn't weird he's in that place because thats where the slaves are kept. So maybe this guy just stays in that place but other targets sure won't. plus did you mis the part where altair was chasing the man through the streets....

moqqy
08-08-2007, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by rubent1981:
I remember jade saying targets will have a daily routine in a interview a long time ago and for the guy in the demo, he was a slave trader wasn't he ? So it isn't weird he's in that place because thats where the slaves are kept. So maybe this guy just stays in that place but other targets sure won't. plus did you mis the part where altair was chasing the man through the streets....

it's not weird that he says tehre.. since it was a trap

jackleberryfin
08-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by chikkenstorm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jackleberryfin:
My only concern about this fantasticly orgasmic game is that jumping is automatic.. or so i have heard in the "facts forum" thing.... kinda disapointing Well, you go smash the jump-button while jumping from bar to bar that are smaller then your feet. That would need perfect timing, and you'd worry more about jumping that anything else. That would ruin the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah id love that....the you would have to master your surroundings and seeing as the cities are so big the game would never get boring.. i think it would be way better.. oh well we will see how the game plays sooner or later