PDA

View Full Version : Me262 Gun change

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:35 PM
The Me262s Mk108 cannons now have a much higher rate of fire IMO. Its excellent! Instead of firing the 4 cannon simultaneously, they seem to fire individually. This gives a much higher rate of fire. Despite the minor sound problems I mentioned in another thread (which I seem to have sorted out by changing the settings) the patch is overall very good. Although the P47s roll rate is not super fast, from what I've seen (at airshows etc) its roll rate was not necessarily phenomenal and the aircraft is better overall. When I flew the 190 D9 1945 I noticed that there was still a tendency to spin, but only if I pulled on the stick too hard, so its not a problem. Of course, since it is still a beta, I guess problems will probably emerge over the next few days/weeks, but on first impressions it seems to be a good patch. Thanks again to Oleg and the team.

To be able to fare well,
To avoid the frustration of misfortune,
That, in this world, is happiness.
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:35 PM
The Me262s Mk108 cannons now have a much higher rate of fire IMO. Its excellent! Instead of firing the 4 cannon simultaneously, they seem to fire individually. This gives a much higher rate of fire. Despite the minor sound problems I mentioned in another thread (which I seem to have sorted out by changing the settings) the patch is overall very good. Although the P47s roll rate is not super fast, from what I've seen (at airshows etc) its roll rate was not necessarily phenomenal and the aircraft is better overall. When I flew the 190 D9 1945 I noticed that there was still a tendency to spin, but only if I pulled on the stick too hard, so its not a problem. Of course, since it is still a beta, I guess problems will probably emerge over the next few days/weeks, but on first impressions it seems to be a good patch. Thanks again to Oleg and the team.

To be able to fare well,
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:36 PM
BTW I also liked the ability to restart the I16s engine midflight after negative g's, the plane is now more flyable. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

To be able to fare well,
-Euripides' Electra