PDA

View Full Version : Weather effects

stevenwhiting
03-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Has anyone actually seen them change in person. I was below deck and was sunny, speeded up, went on top and it was storming, rain, lighting. Went below, speeded up a little, went on deck. Overcast, lighting but no rain. Go below deck, speeded up a little, went above, same as before but was raining this time.

So just wondering if anyone's actually seen the rain kicking in while being on deck or seen the fog rolling in etc etc. I'm getting a little suspicious.

stevenwhiting
03-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Has anyone actually seen them change in person. I was below deck and was sunny, speeded up, went on top and it was storming, rain, lighting. Went below, speeded up a little, went on deck. Overcast, lighting but no rain. Go below deck, speeded up a little, went above, same as before but was raining this time.

So just wondering if anyone's actually seen the rain kicking in while being on deck or seen the fog rolling in etc etc. I'm getting a little suspicious.

stevenwhiting
03-18-2005, 12:37 PM
OK, now i've just seen something that might confirm my fears.

Just dived to 50metres. Stormy and raining up top. I got below and then straight back up. No rain. Go below straight back up, no rain (although the nav guy says the weather is raining). Go below, look at map for a few secs, go back up now its raining.

So do we actually get to see these transitions or do they just suddenly happen when your not looking?

PHX
03-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Nope, haven't seen it myself, but know what you are talking about.

I did see in the editor where you could set the rate at which the weather changed. I think minimum was something like 2 hours. May have to head out to sea and sit there in real time for a few hours and see what happens. I'll be sure to grab a good book first! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The_Third_Half
03-18-2005, 01:06 PM
I have a problem where it will be stormy, dive for awhile, time compress whatever, come back to surface, and the storm is gone but i can't man the deck gun, cause the officer says it's storming still.

sjoerd1972
03-18-2005, 01:11 PM
sounds like a bug, dont think its a big one bug ...but still...

Stefan_246
03-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I think you got your answer here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=2341042492)