PDA

View Full Version : Guys i need help... (Force Fedback)

F0_Dark_P
06-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Hi guys i decided to buy CFS3 so that i can play OFF, i really want a WWI flight sim so i will get it now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif .

But here is the thing, when i was looking around the store i saw a Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick for just about 50$, so my question what do you say?... is force feedback any good? i have not heard much about it really, so i wondered if any of you guys have tested it? or have a force feedback stick at home it sounds cool to feel blowback from the MG's and turbulens etc, but dose FF effect your skill in aming and controling the AC much?

thanx for any help in this guys, but now i must go up and eat before my fiancé get angy at me for sitting here behind my computer lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rnzoli
06-12-2006, 10:48 AM
some ppl say it's good, some say it isn't

i am on the FFB side, i have flown planes with and without it for several months, and I think it is definitely worth it

it is not perfect though, for example the recoil and turbulent airstream near stall should shake your seat, not just your joystick, but the idea is good, it's an extra sensory for your game, and useful, i like it for energy conservation (stall shake increases in a few steps, not just binary on-off, so I can stay on the smooth angles and the best reminder for a forgotten flap or gear

also nice during thunderstorm, the stick wants to get out from your hand, must grab it literally to stay on course

it affects aiming a litte, but there's a way to tone down the recoil effect to minimal, different sets of medium and light force effects are available at airwarfare.com, they give more realistic FFB feeling than the original ones coming with the game

but...

if your mention Logitech, my feet are cold, i wouldn;t trust them. their FFB is strong and good, but their pots and mechanics are terrible, judging by a few Logitech sticks I took apart (I had a Wingman Force 3D)

there is no exceptionaly good force feedback stick on the market, so if you try it and don't fall in love with it at first feeling, stay clear of logitech and wait for a chance to buy MSFFB on e-bay

F0_Dark_P
06-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanx rnzoli for the help, i will go for a FFB stick http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif , i will look if i find a MSFFB but it will probably be a Logitech

and again thanx

Gold_Monkey
06-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Force feedback is the only way to go. I have been using one since the days of CFS 1, First a MSFFB pro then a MSFFB 2 USB. One day I thought gee, my MSFFB2 is getting old I better search for a backup incase mine stops working for whatever reason, long story short, I ended up buying 3 more for backups. Look on EBay you should be able to find a decent one in the $50 to $100 range...... Oh by the way you're really gonna love OFF, been having fun with it since it came out, especially in MP