PDA

View Full Version : some technical questions from a returning player

tonedog2005
09-23-2009, 03:55 AM
hi,

ive just came back to il2 after a long while away. i have a geeforce 260 video card which isnt on the list of cards on the setup screen.
i also have a sound card, again there is no way to select it on the main screen.

how do i make il2 detect my card? and should i be usin directx or opengl?

the graphics do look a but ropey, might this be cos my video card idnt bein detected?

one last thing, i know theres a widescreen thread here but the mod sounds a little rough to use, what the largest resolution people here are usin?

thanks in advance

Choctaw111
09-23-2009, 05:39 AM
No need for Il2 to detect your card.
When you use the Il2Setup (the Il2 icon with the hammer on it), select the GeForce 6800 series card, as it is the best listed.
Any thing after that can be done in the conf.ini.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Urufu_Shinjiro
09-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Use openGL. As for resolution, if you have a widescreen monitor look at the stickie at the top of this forum on how to set up widescreen.

Chromius
09-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Yeah when I first came back to it after getting 1946 I had forgotten about manually setting the graphics and thought "woah these graphics are a bit aged has it been that long" but you can crank up all the settings manually and it looks great.

Also I would get IL-2 Stab 6.3 and theres another utility for changing the conf.ini settings somewhere.

tonedog2005
09-26-2009, 09:06 AM
do u guys use nhancer to adjust graphic settings or the basic nvidia control panel which for me doesnt appear to affect anything ingame?

if u do use nhancer, do u always have it running as a process?