PDA

View Full Version : plz answer Is ACR Better than ACB ?

catkiller97
11-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Is ACR(Single Player) Better than ACB ? plz answer me because many site had given 7/10 and write the thing you like better than ACB.

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Simple answer? For me, yes, so far anyway.

SleezeRocker
11-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Watch gamneplay videos, and play it yourself. Just because reviews give it a 7 doesn't mean it sucks.

only YOU can be a real judge if you'll like the game or not.

Personally Im enjoying it a little more the ACB. Im doing quite a few side missions, taking over some dens, restore shops. keeps me entertained http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Animuses
11-16-2011, 11:18 PM
The first two sequences were crap and the third wasn't that good either, but after that the game definitely picks up it's pace. The missions are varied and fun, the story was well done and guess what... the Templars actually have Templar motives! I'm actually enjoying the recruits this time around. Not because of the BAM, which is still pointless and unnecessary, but for the master Assassin missions. I LOVE those! Also, recruiting Assassins is much more fun this time around.

The biggest cons besides the first two sequences is the Den Defense and the Desmond missions.

The Den Defense isn't bad at all, I actually enjoyed it a little bit, but it has no business being in an Assassin's Creed game.

The gameplay for the Desmond's missions were simply terrible. I don't know what they were thinking. I only played them for the story, which in my opinion is worth getting through the crappy gameplay.

Overall it is better than Brotherhood imo.

The story is much better, the missions are better as well. Brotherhood's missions weren't nearly as varied as they should've been. I felt like I was tailing someone every other mission.

catkiller97
11-16-2011, 11:18 PM
I have watched gameplay videos (not walkthrough)
I liked it but many site this time given 7/10 and said Assassins creed series need a brake.

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Don't listen to 'sites'. It's probably one person and his take on the game. Do like every game someone else likes? Do you dislike every game someone else dislikes? Porbably not, if you like Assassins Creed, pick it up and give a shot.

I think it's well worth it and I'm only a small way through sequence 4. Btw, I liked all the sequences so far. The Desmond missions were a let down but that is certainly not enough for me to change my opinion.

I say go for it.

catkiller97
11-16-2011, 11:32 PM
So my AC series set collection will be now 4 thx.

CRUDFACE
11-16-2011, 11:33 PM
yes
Yes
YES
FREAKING YES
(words I cannot say) YES!

Why haven't you gotten it? Stop reading this message and get it!

@blind: I hate the fact that a major selling point of this game were the Desmond missions, but they tell us virtually nothing that they promised. Might make a thread on what worked and didn't in ACR tomorrow though

SleezeRocker
11-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by catkiller97:
I have watched gameplay videos (not walkthrough)
I liked it but many site this time given 7/10 and said Assassins creed series need a brake.

Who cares about "their" opinion, it's your that would matter. the ones that gave it 7 are just dissed you can't go in first person and use the hidden gun :P

Nah but seriously, if you liked the last few AC games, chances are you'' like ACR..yes the intro is what reall throws off the game since it's "Ok so In ACB I rescued Leo (in Da vinci's addon) and then BAM! *SPOILERS* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Cape-clad bald guy, sentenced Ezio die....Ezio where's your hook blade?...show me how its works...Time to play RTS mode!...</span> and then you get serious Assassin work done. But with the side missions and story (..after Seqeunce 3) then it gets better. as Animuses said; It's a lil more intersting hiring new Assassin's since some of them a a fun little "mission" before you reccruit; for example you may hire a hungry poor thief and ezio would say "Hey you're pretty good at that! Join my Awesome team of Aweassins and let's kick some Ace!" poor petty thief man/woman "Hmm...that sounds kind of AWEsome! I'll join your AWEsome gang!". You actually get..'closer' to your recruits and be ral friends with em in a way.

oh an zip-lining with the hookblade like a medival batman is awesome. And of course the bomb play, which for me I actually having some fun with http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm having tons of fun with the bomb play! Oh and [somewhat kinda maybe spoiler] <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Ezio the entertainer</span> [end of somewhat kida maybe spoiler] makes the game worth buying in itself.

kriegerdesgottes
11-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Yes Revelations is better that Brotherhood. It's not perfect but it's certainly better.

catkiller97
11-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OxANJjLSaw) See the dislike bar lol and read the comments

misterB2001
11-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Simple answer, yes.

More in-depth answer, hell yes.

Bombs and hookblade add more options to the gameplay. Constantinople Is beautiful and very well designed. It's by no means perfect and too short IMO, but it's and excellent addition to the AC series.

xboxauditore
11-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Yup, Constantinople kicks Rome to the ground.

Revelations is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

kriegerdesgottes
11-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by catkiller97:
Review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OxANJjLSaw) See the dislike bar lol and read the comments

Yikes that's the harshest review I've seen so far. I found it interesting though how he talks about how great the Desmond parts are when everyone else dislikes them and he complains about things that I thought were done well.

ProletariatPleb
11-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah sites giving it a 7....oh and...they say stuff about AC:B....personally...to me...AC;B was like a testbed for new features, besides the features, the story was....bland, compared to AC1 and AC2, so I don't trust these reviewers, AC has always been about the STORY, the narrative, AC:B lacked it(I'll say it again, PERSONAL OPINION, do not cry about it >_&gthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AC:R...I saw a few videos on YT(I play on the PC and can't wait...saw some...spoilery stuff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ...) and it looks awesome, it feels like AC1, the real assassin feel, you know, back to the roots kind, it has tougher enemies! not just full of guys you can insta-kill all the time.

Personally, so far from what I've seen(and I've seen plenty) it looks JUST what I wanted.

Noble6
11-17-2011, 11:42 AM
It's much better than brotherhood but still suffers a bit from almost unchanged gameplay and low difficulty level. The game just don't give the feeling what totally 'fresh' and 'new' game should give. It is also great to hear that game will take speed after slow beginning.

I'm not going to buy better armor for sure and there should be more janissaries. Those guys are great!

tarrero
11-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I cannot talk about the story, have not finished the game yet, but let me tell you that Constantinople is way better designed that the dull and rushed Rome.

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 01:36 PM
It depends on your view. If you enjoyed both AC2 and ACB, then you'll like this one because it has a little of both.

BK-110
11-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I certainly find it better than ACB in most ways. Story, gameplay mechanics, the content of the missions. So yeah, I personally definitely find it better. I actually like it almost as much as AC2, in some aspects even better, as crazy as that might sound.

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BK-110:
I certainly find it better than ACB in most ways. Story, gameplay mechanics, the content of the missions. So yeah, I personally definitely find it better. I actually like it almost as much as AC2, in some aspects even better, as crazy as that might sound.

Then I hope to see you there in MP. Did you already buy it or are you going to?

Sarari
11-17-2011, 02:37 PM
One thing I like about the cut scenes in ACR is that they play different music for almost each one. That explains why there are so many short 40 second songs on the ACR soundtrack album, but I respect that, for it has made the cut scenes into a movie http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But sometimes it's nice to have a cut scene without any music. Just my opinion though.

BK-110
11-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by BlackRose1809:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:

Then I hope to see you there in MP. Did you already buy it or are you going to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought it the 15th, soon as the store opened. Animus Edition, of course. Finished the story yesterday! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I have yet to play the multiplayer, though I did play the beta.

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackRose1809:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:

Then I hope to see you there in MP. Did you already buy it or are you going to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought it the 15th, soon as the store opened. Animus Edition, of course. Finished the story yesterday! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I have yet to play the multiplayer, though I did play the beta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here! Do you have PS3?

LieutenantJojo
11-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Better? No. Worse? No.

They're pretty much the same, imo. ACB felt longer than ACR, though. Also, there weren't that much characters to interact with in ACR. You didn't have any guild leader except for Yusuf and beside Suleiman and Sofia, you had no other allies at all. There should have been more allies and other characters overall, imo.

ACR makes everything up by building further on the 'Borgia Tower'-concept though. The Dens are pretty nice and it's cool to train your recruits up until lvl 15 by doing missions together. Entering the Dens was a nice little touch as well. Beside that, the hookblade and the bombs were surprisingly fun to use, which is something I didn't expect. The Altair memories are nice, though way too short. I was kind of disappointed with the removal of the repressed memories, though. The 100% synch had no purpose anymore because of that, since they didn't give you any real reward, or did I miss anything?

Overall, they are both fun games to play, but the story should've been longer (especially ACR). ACR did a good job with building on already established gameplay, but dropped the ball in other areas because of that. It only makes me think that Ubisoft should've taken more time with the development.

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by LieutenantJojo:
Better? No. Worse? No.

They're pretty much the same, imo. ACB felt longer than ACR, though. Also, there weren't that much characters to interact with in ACR. You didn't have any guild leader except for Yusuf and beside Suleiman and Sofia, you had no other allies at all. There should have been more allies and other characters overall, imo.

ACR makes everything up by building further on the 'Borgia Tower'-concept though. The Dens are pretty nice and it's cool to train your recruits up until lvl 15 by doing missions together. Entering the Dens was a nice little touch as well. Beside that, the hookblade and the bombs were surprisingly fun to use, which is something I didn't expect. The Altair memories are nice, though way too short. I was kind of disappointed with the removal of the repressed memories, though. The 100% synch had no purpose anymore because of that, since they didn't give you any real reward, or did I miss anything?

Overall, they are both fun games to play, but the story should've been longer (especially ACR). ACR did a good job with building on already established gameplay, but dropped the ball in other areas because of that. It only makes me think that Ubisoft should've taken more time with the development.

yeah true, but they had almost all of their studios around the world working on this game. They did a good job on a game that was out in only a year, you got to admit.

LieutenantJojo
11-17-2011, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LieutenantJojo:
Better? No. Worse? No.

yeah true, but they had almost all of their studios around the world working on this game. They did a good job on a game that was out in only a year, you got to admit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, with the time they had, they made a great game, especially if you know this game wasn't intended to be a console game. But if they didn't push themselves to bring out a game every year, the game could've still been a lot better. At least, that's what I think.

iN3krO
11-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I think they have MANY useless mechanics in the game insteads of overhauling the good ideas, no.... they just do more and more mechanics just to say: Hey this is not cod, we add new stuff each installment, the problem is that the stuff we add are as **** as noobtubes and danger close of mw2 :X

BK-110
11-17-2011, 05:20 PM

Couldn't have played the beta without one, now could I? :P

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackRose1809:

Couldn't have played the beta without one, now could I? :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol oh! I forgot only PS3 got to play it right? xD oopies!

Well add me if you want to join me in a game or two. Doesn't matter. :3

Mikl-90-
11-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
To be honest the whole game feels rushed. Not many sidequests compared to Brotherhood and the main storyline is weak.

The game would have been so much better - probably the best in the series - if they had just taken their time.
They say they can make a quality game in one year, it's a lie. It may look like one at first glance but it's only a shell of what a great game could have been.