PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for BoB Pilot Log and scores

Salfordian
11-08-2004, 06:16 AM
Been thinking about this recently after starting to write up my own combat reports for my in game logbook in notepad. Don't know if they are possible or good ideas, or whether they have been brought up before, just thought they would make Il2/Battle of britain a bit more immersive.

Firstly if the program had a way of knowing who had fired and hit a certain a/c it would nice to awarded shared kills rather than just getting a kill or not, whether you are last to hit it. Also if no friendlies are around the enemy a/c when it crashes/explodes, say 5km, then you could be awarded probables rather than the kill, and if you hit a plane but it manages to make it back to base you could claim a damaged. Thought this would be a nice touch, would make your tally more realsitic.

Also a built in option to write up your own reports for your logbook rather than having to edit it in notepad, or just staying with the,
Shot down a XXX
Bailed out at XXXX, etc.

Just some of my thoughts, would like to know what others feel about this or would it be a waste of time as more pressing issues need resolving first.

Salfordian
11-08-2004, 06:16 AM
Been thinking about this recently after starting to write up my own combat reports for my in game logbook in notepad. Don't know if they are possible or good ideas, or whether they have been brought up before, just thought they would make Il2/Battle of britain a bit more immersive.

Firstly if the program had a way of knowing who had fired and hit a certain a/c it would nice to awarded shared kills rather than just getting a kill or not, whether you are last to hit it. Also if no friendlies are around the enemy a/c when it crashes/explodes, say 5km, then you could be awarded probables rather than the kill, and if you hit a plane but it manages to make it back to base you could claim a damaged. Thought this would be a nice touch, would make your tally more realsitic.

Also a built in option to write up your own reports for your logbook rather than having to edit it in notepad, or just staying with the,
Shot down a XXX
Bailed out at XXXX, etc.

Just some of my thoughts, would like to know what others feel about this or would it be a waste of time as more pressing issues need resolving first.