PDA

View Full Version : 209 photos and 5 videos...

KOM.Nausicaa
05-22-2006, 06:18 AM
...of SoW:BoB where available on SimHQ.....for 24 hours. Then, BANG!, vanished, nothing anymore.

After several different and contradictory statements from SimHQ, claiming "technical mantainance" of the site, first for reasons of "download drain", then "not for reasons of download drain", finally something which sounds like the truth emerged yesterday, I quote:

"I've received word that the downloads crippled the server. Now for the bad news. It seems that SimHQ won't be posting those pics and videos again anytime soon. If I hear of anything new I'll be sure to post a sticky."
posted by Raz, Moderator on SimHQ

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb....topic;f=152;t=000020 (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=152;t=000020)

So, that is the truth then...someone pulled the plug out over at SimHQ? The material wasn't ment for the "public" after all?

This is the OOR room. So I ask this directly to "the top".

Dear Oleg,

why has material of SoW:BoB, that was clearly given in some form to people at E3 being first handed out in a way or another, then pulled back in some kind of emergency rush? Why are we not allowed to see it? I saw some of the pics (far from all) before the doors at SimHQ where shut down, and it was frankly fantastic and, if I may humbly say so, working myself in entertainment, much better in some ways then the 4 "official screenshots" that can now be seen at 90% of the gaming websites of the planet (I did a research). Not only there are a lot of frustrated fans now, but it's also not understandable that you (or UBI?) first hand out such great material, then pull it back again without official comment, and that a site like SimHQ has apperantly a hard way to find a public comment on this without loosing face.

Please, give us at least some of this material back. Your fans are eagerly waiting since MONTHS. This was not such a "nice" way of treating them... (by whoever did it)

Yours truly, and still a huge fan !

Best,

Nausicaa

Jaws2002
05-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Give him some rest.
He'll release what he wants. What, can't you sleep if you don't see those files?

Ever thought those screens were not for the public. Maybe they were for SimHQ gents so they can make their articles about the game. Is a known practice.

What makes you think Oleg owes you anything?

MB80
05-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Some are on mirrors online, also some vids, also in these UBI Forums, so have a look:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/7971006444/p/1

http://forums-de.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/388104122/m/4641029783

I am not happy that I didn't save the He111 and Ju88 pictures, they looked good.. maybe a little bit to sterile but good.

KOM.Nausicaa
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Jaws2002:
Give him some rest.
He'll release what he wants. What, can't you sleep if you don't see those files?

Ever thought those screens were not for the public. Maybe they were for SimHQ gents so they can make their articles about the game. Is a known practice.

What makes you think Oleg owes you anything?

You misunderstood my post. It is not about "owing" anything. I work for Warner and I know how publicity gets handled, thanks.

My post is about why things get out to SimHQ, get published, and then the plug gets pulled by some "higher instance" overnight. That is what i want to understand. I also would like to know why brilliant development shots and vids have to disseppear all of a sudden again?

Before getting aggressive you should read posts carefully.

Nausicaa

lowfighter
05-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Were those pics and videos posted by some official person (ubi or Oleg and co.)?

KOM.Nausicaa
05-22-2006, 02:25 PM
No, they where posted by the SimHQ staff, but they must have been handed to them by some official person (Oleg or UBI) at E3. That is what I suspect, because they appeared just suddenly after E3, and Oleg and UBI met with them there.

PlaneEater
05-22-2006, 03:13 PM
They were part of an E3 SoW press kit. Dunno why they haven't been handed off to other places so they could stay up.