PDA

View Full Version : LEVEL STABILIZER AND LOSS OF ALTITUDE

zarskoe
11-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Thank to forum members I could reenable LEVEL STABILIZER command in my installation of PF.
I tryed it during bombing run, when I was piloting B25: I observed a constant loss of altitude although the LEVEL STABILIZER activation.
NO one know hot I might level up my fly?
Shouldn' t LEVEL STABILIZET by itself mantain a fixed altitude?

zarskoe

zarskoe
11-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Thank to forum members I could reenable LEVEL STABILIZER command in my installation of PF.
I tryed it during bombing run, when I was piloting B25: I observed a constant loss of altitude although the LEVEL STABILIZER activation.
NO one know hot I might level up my fly?
Shouldn' t LEVEL STABILIZET by itself mantain a fixed altitude?

zarskoe

Sly401RCAF
11-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi Zarskoe

Yep level stab loses you altitude however much you trim..... my workaraound in B25

set combat flaps, cut throttle until the speed drops to 190 kph then set 65-75% throttle and engage level stab, then watch your vsi gauge and gently adjust throttle..

with 6x 500lb loadout at 50% fuel and 3000metre altitude
73% throttle at will hold 190 kmph steady with no more than 20m variation for 30 minutes or more......

Use rudder trim keys to track your target and indicated Airspeed of 350 on the bomb-sight at that altitude....
great for hitting fastmoving carriers from 10,000 ft.

Have fun

Sly

KGr.HH-Sunburst
11-08-2004, 03:01 PM
yes you can, while using level stabelizer you can still use elevator trim to some extend.

but i must admit it isnt really working on the B25
i didnt tried the other bombers though but it used to work

Sly401RCAF
11-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Yep trim does work to a small extent with level stab........ but to get it to fly level you seem to need a light loadout and 270 kmph... and it will still drop a little

|Another advantage of using the combat flaps workaround is that with your speed being lower, seems its easier to spot and hit targets.... but your exposure to flak is greater

Sly