PDA

View Full Version : Companions??

Num3n
01-06-2007, 10:13 PM
What i am referring to are companions you meet within the game and they stay with you through most of the game.. ie like knights of the old republic. In this game you have basically a home where you and ur companions live. you meet these people throughout your travels and they talk to you, tell stories, and make it feel less lonely.. if you have ever played oblivion you will know what i mean by being 'lonely'

anyways i really hope that (i forgot his name- assassin dude) will have a sort of home/hide out where he can discuss daily life, what he has accomplished, daily news, regular chatter, plans for the future,etc.. this will really make the game alot more addicting and more 'enveloping'...

KnightTemplar45
01-06-2007, 10:43 PM
I've played neither knights of the old republic nor oblivian, but this sounds like a cool idea. Maybe instead of them following you the whole game you can ask them for help on missions (intel, distracting guards, or something)from the hideout/safehouse. Or maybe even like if you meet them in Jerusalem ,let's say, they walk around the city, or they're in a certain building in the city instead of staying at the hideout/safehouse.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"Veritas vos liberabit"

Num3n
01-07-2007, 12:14 AM
yea thats what it is, in knights of the old republic you basically have home base and when u want to go outside to do whatever you can ask whoever to come along with you, be it 1,2 or 3 people. Or you can choose to go alone etc.. i just feel it adds more depth to the game

and yea i like ur idea, they kind of are in a certain area http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif that would be very cool.

Drunkspleen
01-07-2007, 12:53 AM
the old republic you basically have home base and when u want to go outside to do whatever you can ask whoever to come along with you, be it 1,2 or 3 people. Or you can choose to go alone etc..

It might add an interesting element to the gameplay however I feel that it would not fit very well with the overall idea of the game.

As an assassin there would be ways altair could use other people to help him out, but what happens when you put a bounty on his head and these people know his location and every assassination he has been involved with.

I think the smaller things which have been demonstrated are sufficient in regards to this, such as the monks who don't mind you walking with them because you helped them out before.

Num3n
01-07-2007, 01:08 AM
well let me introduce 3 character who might be plausable.. a 'master' who is handing out the 'hits' and perhaps another friend who is an assassin as well.. and finally maybe an apprentice or something..

idk i just think it will be too linear a story without a few constant characters to fall back on... if anyone has played oblivion you get that feeling that you are the only one alive in the world.. with these companions it makes it seem as if there are actual people with you.. if you get what im saying

SCDuRiN
01-07-2007, 08:46 AM
That would be indeed interesting. A master and an assassin yeah that does sound good.

OH_DragonBoy
01-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Aww...I was hoping you were talking companions as in "Firefly" companions (aka, high class prostitutes).

Hmm...doesn't sound all that great. A lot of the games where you have a companion, they're practically useless. I just use them for bullet magnets, myself AKA distractions. They do too little damage to be made to do everything, but as a result, you'd be doing only marginally worse without them.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ezerowing/userbar.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/Orlando_Hamar/ACSig2.jpg
Buy The Game Or Die. Also get Heavenly Sword - Nariko could kick Prince's ***.
http://www.coreno.info/ps3cntimg.php?src=ps3bar1.jpg&x=250&y=15&string=days&size=10 (http://www.coreno.info/?ps3countdown)

Call me either DB or Orlando. Please refrain from calling me "OH_DragonBoy"
Please excuse my English: I am from England.

Michael_963
01-09-2007, 04:42 PM
There are many possibilities that you will meet at least one or more characters during your qest. Hopefully it might be a female compainion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif either way, there is going to be a lot of people in the Assassin organization you can talk to.

Num3n
01-09-2007, 05:38 PM
sry if i made myself unclear but i didnt mean companions who follow u around.. sine that would be ridiculous in a game like this...

what i meant was just people who are there for u the entire game so it feels as if ur a real person etc..

Red_Mercury901
01-14-2007, 06:53 AM
I think it may work. I mean, for example, you go to some guys house and he will help arrange a key to a backdoor for you, etc.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Behind this mask is more than flesh; behind this mask is an idea, Mr. Credee, and ideas are bulletproof - V for Vendetta
One could spend one's entire life searching for the perfect blossom, and it would not be a life wasted.
Give a man fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

princeofyo
01-14-2007, 09:07 AM
I don't think it would fit well in the game at all.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Kiba_1991
01-14-2007, 01:54 PM
I hope this game is anything but another oblivion

I've played knights of old republic and oblivion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The first knights of the old republic was amazing at first, The comrades were great i just wish it had online features

but just what ever you do, DO NOT BUY OBLIVION

Oblivion is very boring and very repetitive. It claims to be realistic but it's anything but realistic

Ill list few points to why its so awful

Some of the ingame skill's really don't have much of a purpose, For one thers a skill called acrobatics that does'nt do a thing for you... and another one called alchemy, you make potions and stuff but the amount of time it takes and how annoying it is looking for the ingredients you can't be arsed......

Also the ingame stamina bar does not matter, you can still do the same things you would at 0 percent as you would at 100

Also the oblivion gates of hell which game was centered around had absolutely no imagenation involved, Its all the freaking same! you go into it, it all looks the same. The whole idear of hell being red with spikes out the ground grows old and very very boring. Why do people have that image of hell? Why can't it be different? Why can't the differnt gates to oblivion be different and not just same but with different lay out? Why are the oblivion gates only a amtter of hacking and slashing your way through?

Also the other in game dungeons..... theres no attempt to make them different, theyre all same and yet again only a amtter of hacking and slashing your way through

And shops and houses? they all look the same.... The only differnce is the shop is a house with a table with few things layed out... it does'nt look like shop

Game feels lonely with out online play, supporting characters, or personal touch in making it better

and main story line is also really weak, Why are you the only character that does something? Even when you do get support its just really weak and annoying keeping them alive

Also they made alot of different stylse of game play bit weak

Just play it you'l notice how shamefuly awful this game is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif and xbox live? playing for small upgrades that don't make much difference of the game? trust me your better off saving your money its awful, it only got high gamer score because of graphics

petersvanberg
01-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by KnightTemplar45:
I've played neither knights of the old republic nor oblivian, but this sounds like a cool idea. Maybe instead of them following you the whole game you can ask them for help on missions (intel, distracting guards, or something)from the hideout/safehouse. Or maybe even like if you meet them in Jerusalem ,let's say, they walk around the city, or they're in a certain building in the city instead of staying at the hideout/safehouse.

As I'm to tired to read the whole thread I'm just gonna write this, hopefully someone else havn't. In interviews and the demo in X06 jade and patrice has been talking about help miossions, for example when Altir uses social stealth or whatever it is called. When he blends in with the munks, Jade told that you will be able to do this by doing som helping missions, sort of side quest or how to say it.
Also Patrice told in an interview that if your riding around in the desert and see a woman maybe being kidnapped by some guards or whatever. Helping her will bring more of the civilisation on your side so they'll help you along your quest. If decided to leace her, the people will go against you and become obstacles to complete your missions.

Num3n
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
if thats so, that will be so cool

and to people who have said it wouldnt work.. i dont understand how it wouldnt work.. that almost makes no sense.. what im simply talking about is a character or two are are there with you throughout the game who either want to kill you or talk to you on a regular basis.. where they can talk about the happenings of the world or what altair's exploits have caused etc. not someone who follows u around..

this is feel will make the game alot more realistic and will add alot of game emmersion.. which is the opposite of oblivion..