PDA

View Full Version : Problem starting game!!

Dodger12
05-13-2005, 01:38 AM
For some reason I can't start the game. I keep getting the message that the wrong disk is in the drive. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. A friend of mine is also having the same problem...Does anyone have any suggestions? I am really bumed out because I want to play this thing!!

stansdds
05-13-2005, 04:16 AM
You and your friend wouldn't be using a CD-R drive , would you? The copy software often interfers with the proper installation and loading of Pacific Fighters. There is also a special rts.dll available on the updates page that helps overcome this problem.

Qbeesh800
05-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Er...Is your copy of the game legal?

Dodger12
05-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Thank you for your help. I had to download the dll patch and everything is great. This was really upsetting! Ubisoft needs to get their act together. Yes my copy is legal.

stansdds
05-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Software piracy is a serious problem and it robs devolopers and publishers of millions of dollars. Copy protection of some sort is, once again, going to become the normal procedure. Electronic protection is the easiest, but as many of us have seen, a legally purchased game won't work because you happen to have a CD-R drive. CD-R and DVD-R are becoming the standard method of making copies of anything including system back ups. Software developers will need to develop some system of copy protection, maybe they need to go back to the old code wheel set up.

HARD_Sarge
05-14-2005, 08:32 PM
I just had to reinstall the game on new puter, had been flying it off of a removable drive, but the EXE got lost somewhere (?)

it was real strange, load IL-2 FB and it didn't work, add AEP and it worked, then added PF and it didn't work

I had to get the DLL also

HARD_Sarge