PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled for Deletion *Light Spoilers*

yly3
11-26-2011, 04:23 PM
For those who finished the game, they know what I'm talking about.
This is for me, the most epic and emotional scene since the end of AC 2. It beats the Revelations ending which was a (nice) polished cliche.

So much meaning in such a short scene. It's a morale of S16's frustrations and one to the entire saga, when he screams to 2nd time I feel it in my bones lol. The music fitted perfectly and did it for me. I re-watched it 10 times in a row, could't help it.

Makes me want to stop wasting too much time indoors and live my life more lol.

What do you think ?

rileypoole1234
11-26-2011, 05:11 PM
The ending scene of Revelations made more of an impact on me. Ezio talking to Desmond was brilliant.

kudos17
11-26-2011, 06:42 PM
I think both scenes mentioned so far were rather lackluster actually, lol.

The ending was "meh", not nearly as much a shocker as the other three. The scene with 16 was good, but not the best I've seen in the series. And that's saying a lot, because I found 16 such an interesting character - I wish we got to see more of him. Anyway, I can definitely see where you're coming from with that scene.

I think both scenes were great, they just weren't the best IMO. Call it a cliche by now, but I still think nothing beats the opening title sequence of AC2.

twenty_glyphs
11-26-2011, 08:20 PM
This scene was pretty good, but not great for me. I think it suffered from coming out of nowhere all of a sudden after you had finished the previous sequence. I don't remember any foreshadowing that this would happen, other than the weird part about Subject 16 asking if Desmond had any regrets. They never explained why the island was scheduled to be deleted, it's just suddenly happening when you get back to it. And on top of that, 16 grabbing Desmond like a hug at first was just weird it didn't really build up too much tension that he was trying to keep Desmond there and it doesn't make much sense otherwise, since they didn't explain if the move had some actual meaning. And then Desmond wasn't even in a big hurry to get back through the gate into Ezio's memories, which just reduced the tension even more for me. Overall I thought Subject 16 was a wasted opportunity in this game. We finally meet him and we learned noting new about him or what his purpose or reason for helping Desmond is. And now he's gone (maybe).

Agentbarto
11-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Gotta say both the scene with Clay and the scene with Ezio talking to Desmond were kinda cheezy. The Ezio-Altair was awesome though.

brynbrynbryn
04-24-2012, 10:19 PM
maybe 16 deleted the island so he could leave 'cos desmond wouldnt let him so he hitched a ride.

TheHumanTowel
04-24-2012, 10:28 PM
That was a great scene but I think the impact of it is lessened because we spent so little time with Desmond and 16 throughout the game. They should have had 16 standing around on Animus island for Desmond to talk to. We could have gotten more insight into Subject 16's character and that scene would have been so much more tragic if Desmond had actually built a relationship with 16.

Edit: sorry, didn't realise it was a dead thread.