PDA

View Full Version : psm3 magazine

jonny5isalive15
06-04-2010, 01:11 PM
can anybody scan the assassin's creed brotherhood section of the new psm3 magazine because i do not have it in my country.

O6EvolutionIXMR
06-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I would but I'm sure they would be taken down pretty fast.
As stated in the magazine,

"Reproduction in whole or in part is prohibited...Reproductin on the internet of the articles and pictures in this magazine is illegal without the prior consent of Playstation: The Official Magazine."

Making this an Official Ubisoft Forum and considering that they are a premier advertiser on the magazine, I'm sure the mods wouldn't be to happy about that.

I predict this thread being closed in 3...2...1...

Black_Widow9
06-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by jonny5isalive15:
can anybody scan the assassin's creed brotherhood section of the new psm3 magazine because i do not have it in my country.

Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Magazine scans are a violation of copyright so it is not allowed to be up on the Forums. Sorry.

hidaraidon93
06-04-2010, 01:32 PM
And the scans from the other magazines??? Is this illegal and the other not??

O6EvolutionIXMR
06-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by hidaraidon93:
And the scans from the other magazines??? Is this illegal and the other not??

Doesn't matter. I paid $5.99+tax for my copy as should everyone else. Wouldn't be fair to me and others who actually paid for it if it was up online for free after we all got our copies.
If it's not available in that country then so be it. I'm not trying to be a ******bag but there are alot of things I can't get here in the U.S because they are only available overseas(ex. Cars, Cuban Cigars,etc ). It's just the way it works. Write a letter to Playstation Magazine or try eBay.

jonny5isalive15
06-04-2010, 02:09 PM
thanks anyway.but can you tell me what it said about ezio's storyline and desmonds storyline. thanks in advance.

JohnConnor2012
06-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Quite right. Copyright usually permits fair quotation for purposes of review (i.e. here) - not least because it's free advertising for them. Simple summaries should cause no offence and might even encourage readers to buy the original.

AMuppetMatt
06-05-2010, 04:58 AM
My Summary:

Imagine the best Assassins Creed Multiplayer you can.
You're way off what they've said it's gonna be like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cpt_Yanni
06-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by jonny5isalive15:

I share the problem, but I guess we'll have to wait till E3... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
06-05-2010, 07:50 AM
the only way you can post the info on here is either with permission of the mag's publisher, or if the info is on the mag's web site then you can link to it.

but otherwise copyright laws stop it being posted, you can make comments on information from the article but posting the full thing would still come under the copyrights.

gamertam
06-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Oh crap!, i'm truly didn't know back then. I took a few pictures of my magazine i bought and posted on another forum(splinter cell conviction). I DIDN'T KNOW HONESTLY! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif , anyway my bad and it won't happpen again.

SevketErhat
06-07-2010, 02:55 AM
I will wait for it to arrive to Markets in North Cyprus within two weeks or so

Murcuseo
06-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Finally managed to get my hands on a copy this afternoon, everywhere I went it was sold out lol

Heres some quotes from the article I found interesting...

I won't bother proof reading this so excuse the typos!

The only announced multi-player mode right now is Wanted, This is how it works: There are six visually diostinct multi-player characters, and you're randomly assigned one before each session. Within the levels (small sections of Italian cities - Florence, San Donato and Rome are confirmed, with more due) there are up to 140 non-player characters who look identical to the players.

At the start of each game you're assigned a target - one of the seven other human players inside the level. You're shown a picture of what they look like, and have a mini-radar to tell you roughly where they are. Heres the clever part, another player within the level will be hunting you, but it won't be the man you're tracking. A hunts B who hunts C who hunts A etc etc.

There are other rules. If youre too aggresive near your target (by running full-pelt, or leaping over walls) then that player will be warned and given the chance to flee, using a line-of-sight system simlar to the one in nthe single-player. Another nasty twist is that better players will be tracked by multiple enemies. If you're in the lead, you'll likely have the attention of three Assasins not just one.

Although we felt the map we played was to smalll to accommodate eight players(six would have been ideal), the mode has plenty of potential.

According to the devs there are plenty of ways to both hide and kill within the multi-lplayer, and the ability to exploit these moves is what will separate the average Assassin from the great!. You can sit on a bench next to two NPCs and wait for your target to walk past before plunging in the blade. You can kill them silently if they sit on a bench. You can hide in bails of hay, shoot from a distance with a hidden pistol, blend in crowds - unpredictability is the key.

Similarly, there are option in defence. Each player will have special abilities (yes, perks) to deploy during a chase - like the ability to to temporarily morph into a different character, send a decoy in the opposite direction, or deploy a smaoke bomb. it's obvious, even from the early build, that the balance between attack and defence is spot on - you get points for both kills and escapes.

This next quote is regarding Cesare Borgia, Ezios nemesis is AC: Brotherhood.

Forget the lumbering Aristos of AC2 - this is Cesare Borgia - and anywhere Ezio goes he can follow. he'll follow you along roof-tops, he'll kill your friends, he'll chase you to the city limits.

This next section is a question and answer session between PSM3 and two of the lead designers Vincent Pontbriand and patrick Plourde.

<span class="ev_code_RED">PSM3: Are we just playing as Ezio, or are we playing as Desmond playing as ezio in Brotherhood?</span>

Vincent Pontbriand: We are continuing the story of Lucy and Desmond and other present-day assasins. that's important for the franchise. It's actually our core DNA and it's our overarching storyline, so we are pushing the story ahead and you learn more about the relationship between these characters and their ultimate goal, which is defeating the present-day Templars. The narrative will have a few twists.

<span class="ev_code_RED">PSM3: As you start the game as Ezio, a fully-fledged assassin, how are you going to encourage progression?</span>

Patrick Plourde: With ezio as the master assasin, we can explore a new angle - it's about leadership, and being more reflective on your life. With a new character you have to restart with new motivation. We have a guy at the midpoint of his life who learns that he's a vessel. he fulfilled his mission and wonders what to do next. You're still an assassin, you're still fighting templars. there's a lot of stuff to do. The Borgia are more powerful than ever. Roderigo is back, but Brotherhood is going to be more about his son, Cesare Borgia, at the height of his family's power. We're following real history, and playing with it. We're telling people our version of those events. But in terms of gameplay progression. we're going for a different angle than AC2.

<span class="ev_code_RED"> PSM3: how do you go about recruiting followers?</span>

VP: It's systemic. We wanted to dress it and justify it. We wanted it to be a portal for saving lost souls.

PP: As you take away the power of the Borgia in Rome, you increase your own power. That enables you to have a bigger guild. There are people that are fighting the Borgia in the world, and you go there, fight with them, and they see you and ask you to join the guild. Once there, you are able to send them on assassinations that happen elsewhere in Europe. you won't actually be able to play these assassinations, but players are going to be able to read the story about what happens. you also get paid buy the guild and can use it to acquire new skills.
During each mission there are assassins in the shadows and they are available on call - you use the 'L1' button for context sensitive commands. say you're in a fight, and you need help, you can have the best fighter come to your aid by tapping 'L1'.

VP: We wanted to avoid having to micromanage. There are RPG elements, but it needs to be contextual.

PP: It starts with strategy (where you upgrade characters before each mission) then once you're in the game it's more about how you react. You could use assassins to set a trap and use distrations to to access a target - like provoking a fight while you walk around undetected. They'll have access to ranged weapons, smoke bombs - all the tools you have.

<span class="ev_code_RED">PSM3: can you tell us more about the changes to the combat system?</span>

PP: We changed the code for the AI and removed the parts that had them just standing and waiting. They're going to be able to interupt the assassin as he's making moves. There will be more reactivity in the game world too. Also, as soon as you start a combo, as long as you're not interupted, you're going to be able to kill enemies in one shot.

VP: We favoured a defensive system in AC2 and this was appreciated by many players, but the more hardcore player wanted to get done with it and go faster and get rewarded. So we siad okay, let's keep the best bits and reward offensive play more.

<span class="ev_code_RED">PSM3: Did you consider incorporating a co-operative mode into the single-player?</span>

VP: We have a problem with co-op. We did consider it, but the thing is, we've been considering it since the first Assassins Creed. We haven't justified it yet, and in our universe everything is justified. A subject wouldn't be able to have two ancestors at the same time. It just doesn't work in that world. We're justifying the multi-player with the Templar universe. That allows us a brand new range of options to tell a different story. We'll find a way for co-op. It's going to be there for sure... eventually.

The rest of the article just covers things that have been discussed on here already just in a little more detail.

To be honest I can't be arsed typing anymore lol

Geinref
06-12-2010, 12:04 PM
PSM3: can you tell us more about the changes to the combat system?

PP: We changed the code for the AI and removed the parts that had them just standing and waiting. They're going to be able to interupt the assassin as he's making moves. There will be more reactivity in the game world too. Also, as soon as you start a combo, as long as you're not interupted, you're going to be able to kill enemies in one shot.

VP: We favoured a defensive system in AC2 and this was appreciated by many players, but the more hardcore player wanted to get done with it and go faster and get rewarded. So we siad okay, let's keep the best bits and reward offensive play more.

Hmm I'm not sure if I'm going to be happy if this is fighting system is like Fable. If they do Batman Arkham Asylum then thats cool but not orginal. I hope they keep in the cool looking kills and the defensive fighting, i like the realistic feel to the game.

Change of subject, but people complained there wasn't much fighting in Sands of Time, so in Warrior Within they gave people more moves, combos and fighting. Till this day POP: WW is considered the worst POP title of the trilogy (i liked it). So I would hope Ubisoft learned from that mistake and don't change the core mechanics of fighting, maybe tweaks but not a whole new damn fighting system. We'll see this E3, hopefully.

SevketErhat
06-14-2010, 03:56 AM
I got my issue yesterday. Good article but not much is new

EzioAssassin51
07-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Sorry for bumping this thread but the mag said by tapping L1!

Why L1? Isn't that already lock on? I hope they use a different button for it!

L1 would feel awkward because it will be for lock on and for ordering the assassins around!

El_Sjietah
07-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Oh, how I love my keyboard with its many, many keys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Murcuseo
07-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Oh, how I love my keyboard with its many, many keys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Most of which weren't actually used properly in ACII, let's hope they do a decent port this time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Account_Deleted
07-01-2010, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Sorry for bumping this thread but the mag said by tapping L1!

Why L1? Isn't that already lock on? I hope they use a different button for it!

L1 would feel awkward because it will be for lock on and for ordering the assassins around!
well depending on what console you player

Xbox and ps3 are reverse with the bumpers
so when they say L1 could be L2