PDA

View Full Version : dont like the old looking ezio

Harvey8254
09-12-2011, 01:36 PM
i hate seeing one of the most bad *** characters in video games looking like a brittle old man. i know hes like 60 but still there should be like a skin or something to make him look young again. right??

eagleforlife1
09-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Ermm, no. I like the realism. When you're 52 you should look 52.

naran6142
09-12-2011, 01:43 PM
ummmmm... no

its cool to see ezio as an old dude. we have played thru most of his life. we've seen him as a teen adult and now hes an old guy.... wats wrong with that

i doubt we'll get a skin to make him look younger, we only never really see his face anyways only in cinematics

EDIT: haha eagleforlife1 you read my mind

Harvey8254
09-12-2011, 01:46 PM
it just doesn't seem right to me idk i just cant get used to the fact that he looks like he belongs in a nursing home hahaha

kriegerdesgottes
09-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I like playing through the entire life cycle of a character. I think it's a unique feature of AC that makes it more relevant and cool and it's cool that we can even do that.

TheEpicWolf
09-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Doesn't bother me. I mean he's still a badass!

rain89c
09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
funny thing is that he sounds like he is 30.

eagleforlife1
09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
EDIT: haha eagleforlife1 you read my mind

Great minds http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

yavanna_1986
09-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Ah really? He's 52? I was surprised to see him much older in the trailer they have released, since I was used to the usual young appearance, but in my opinion he doesn't look bad, just interesting, interesting enough to almost make me pick up the AC games and give them that second try that I never did when I tried the first one years ago and gave up after about one hour. Leaving aside his age, I absolutely love his new costume, much more interesting than the previous one. Or perhaps I might just be biased considering I can't stand the colour white.

Animuses
09-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by rain89c:
funny thing is that he sounds like he is 30. Is it funny that my father's voice has not changed a bit my whole life? No, it's perfectly normal.

Harvey8254
09-12-2011, 02:09 PM
@yavanna_1986:i agee his costume is much better but i still cant stand seeing him so old looking

yavanna_1986
09-12-2011, 02:12 PM
I somewhat understand what you mean, perhaps it isn't the same for me because I haven't really played any of the games. I remember that when I played Devil May Cry 4 I was upset at seeing Dante looking older than he was in the first game.

Harvey8254
09-12-2011, 02:15 PM
exactly its just a let down seeing him look more.... vulnerable. ya know?

Animuses
09-12-2011, 02:18 PM
He looks the least vunerable than he's ever been.

yavanna_1986
09-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Hmmm... I can't say I agree with you on this one. For example, there's this korean series I'm watching and a guy there who is an assassin in his fifties looks more badass than any of those much younger characters. I'd say his age makes him even more dangerous because it means he has that much more experience compared to the others.

But again, I understand how you might not like the way he looks now, as each person sees things differently.

It's impossible for the developers to make everyone happy.

lukaszep
09-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Sounds to me like you have an issue with the way old people look, not what Ezio looks like when he's older.

Harvey8254
09-12-2011, 02:48 PM
@lukaszep: no i just dont like seeing ezio looking like hes near the end of his life

albertwesker22
09-12-2011, 03:01 PM
He actually looks quite young for 52, and he's still in good shape. I like his new look, he is getting old, his character model should reflect that(obviously) He is a wise grand master now, he looks exactly as he should be.

SleezeRocker
09-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Im sure we may get UPlay costumes that will physically change ezio...hope to see the AC2 robes, I liked those...

Samuel032593
09-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by yavanna_1986:
Ah really? He's 52? I was surprised to see him much older in the trailer they have released, since I was used to the usual young appearance, but in my opinion he doesn't look bad, just interesting, interesting enough to almost make me pick up the AC games and give them that second try that I never did when I tried the first one years ago and gave up after about one hour. Leaving aside his age, I absolutely love his new costume, much more interesting than the previous one. Or perhaps I might just be biased considering I can't stand the colour white.

Interesting fact, white is in fact, the "absence" of color, raher than an actual color http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And yes, you prolly knew that but, I need something useless to say lol

rileypoole1234
09-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I think it's great to see Ezio as a wise old man. Very Obi Wan/Ben Kenobi like. He's one of my favorite characters so I love that we've seen him be born. We've seen him as a naive teenager. We've seen him experience tragedy. We've seen him get revenge. We've seen him mature. We've seen him lose the love of his life. We've seen him become reticent. We've seen him become a master. We've seen him make incredible discoveries. Now we're going to finish out the incredible story of Ezio, and make room for another ancestor, who will no doubt have another incredible story.

Samuel032593
09-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I think it's great to see Ezio as a wise old man. Very Obi Wan/Ben Kenobi like. He's one of my favorite characters so I love that we've seen him be born. We've seen him as a naive teenager. We've seen him experience tragedy. We've seen him get revenge. We've seen him mature. We've seen him lose the love of his life. We've seen him become reticent. We've seen him become a master. We've seen him make incredible discoveries. Now we're going to finish out the incredible story of Ezio, and make room for another ancestor, who will no doubt have another incredible story.

Very well said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I hope that they put as much effort into the next character as they have Ezio. In Brotherhood, I didn't feel like the "master" I was supposed to be, now as Ezio has truly grown older and experienced more walks of life, we will "truly" be a "Master" Assassin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BK-110
09-12-2011, 09:40 PM
What? How can you not like badass old guys?! Old guys with beards who can still keep up with the action are awesome! D:

Samuel032593
09-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by BK-110:
What? How can you not like badass old guys?! Old guys with beards who can still keep up with the action are awesome! D:

Yes...Yes they are http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kalo.yanis
09-13-2011, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Samuel032593:

Interesting fact, white is in fact, the "absence" of color, raher than an actual color http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And yes, you prolly knew that but, I need something useless to say lol

Wrong. Physically, white is the combined colour spectrum, so you could say it's all colours in one. Black is the absence of colour.

In everyday terms, though, you could even consider black a colour. It's got RGB/CMYK/HSB coordinates like any other "regular" colour, as does white.

itsamea-mario
09-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Well that's true if your talking about White light.
A White surface however is different, a white sirface means the particles are reflecting every colour, rather than one. So in a way it's both not a colour and all the colours.

yavanna_1986
09-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Who knew my little sentence would spur such a debate? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I use different shades of black and white when I digitally paint so as long as it's not pure black or white I see them as colours.

But isn't this getting a bit off-topic here? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

itsamea-mario
09-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Not much of a debate really.

kalo.yanis
09-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Well that's true if your talking about White light.
A White surface however is different, a white sirface means the particles are reflecting every colour, rather than one. So in a way it's both not a colour and all the colours.

That still makes it a colour as opposed to not being one. Colours that result from combinations are still considered to be, well... colours. An example could be magenta - it's an extra-spectral colour, meaning that it can only be produced by the combination of other colours.

Sorry for the OT. Let's drop this.

Sevenofnine-st
09-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Harvey8254:
i hate seeing one of the most bad *** characters in video games looking like a brittle old man. i know hes like 60 but still there should be like a skin or something to make him look young again. right??

Try to remember those words about a "brittle old man" when you reach 50. If someone says that about you at that age, you WILL be insulted.

As for a character skin to make Ezio look young again, Ubi really should stay way from it this time around. Just yesterday I saw on YouTube some gameplay from Brotherhood where the person was using the skin of Young Ezio from AC2 and I thought it just killed the immersion. The man is supposed to be 40-something, it's totally ridiculous to make him look like he's 19 again.

Black_Widow9
09-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Please use the find button to search for previously created Topics.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>