PDA

View Full Version : Malik? *Spoilers*

ShaneO7K
10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Has Malik been mentioned in any interviews or seen in any videos, because so far i've yet to get a glimpse of him in ACR.

I know it is highly likely that he will be in ACR because of his role in the Codex pages and the events in Secret Crusade, but the only people I have seen in Altairs sequences so far have been Altair, Al Mualim and Abbas.

Animuses
10-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Malik should play a bigger part than Abbas. I can already tell that Abbas is going to have too big of a role.

Why would they take a tiny character no one cares about and turn him into such a big character? It doesn't make sense.

naran6142
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
Malik should play a bigger part than Abbas. I can already tell that Abbas is going to have too big of a role.

Why would they take a tiny character no one cares about and turn him into such a big character? It doesn't make sense.

i think abbas forcefully took control of the order from altair, so we might see parts of that

ShaneO7K
10-11-2011, 02:18 PM

He was literally only in AC1 for a minute maybe more. But yeah it's pretty obvious he will be main nemesis for Altair. I would far prefer Malik to have just as much time in the sequences as Abbas but as long as he gets something I would be OK with it. And I know that Abbas also had a big role in the book but still would prefer Malik as a character.

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Because Abbas was never truly a small character in Altiar's life.

Animuses
10-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
He was in a minute of AC... tiny character. The book screwed it up and so will Revelations.

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Well, you're free the think that way. But that part of Altiar's story was probably planned since AC1.

Animuses
10-11-2011, 02:26 PM
I highly doubt it.

SixKeys
10-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Why does everyone have such a problem with a minor background character being turned into a major one? IMO it's more interesting because it's someone you'd never expect to play a big part in Alta´r's life, rather than introducing an entirely new villain whom we've never seen before. It just demonstrates that tensions could arise even within the assassin community and people you thought you could at least trust, if not exactly like, could turn against you.

It would seem odd to me if Malik did not make an appearance in Revelations, considering his voice actor is playing Suleiman in the game.

albertwesker22
I highly doubt it.

I highly doubt that Abbas's role in Revelations, is taken from the Secret Crusade. It is most likely the other way around.

Jexx21
I don't, because besides the assassination of Al Mualim, AC1 feels like a small part of Altiar's story in my opinion.

LightRey
10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
I do hope the whole coup d'etat thing didn't go exactly as described as in the novel. Malic and Maria's deaths, Alta´r's 20 year exile, it just doesn't fit into the story imo.

thornebrook
10-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
It would seem odd to me if Malik did not make an appearance in Revelations, considering his voice actor is playing Suleiman in the game.

I feel like I missed an interview or something. When was this revealed? I haven't heard of Haaz Sleiman taking on another VA role for Assassin's Creed. :O

ShaneO7K
10-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I do hope the whole coup d'etat thing didn't go exactly as described as in the novel. Malic and Maria's deaths, Alta´r's 20 year exile, it just doesn't fit into the story imo.

Definetly agree with this, I can't see their deaths going out like this in the game.

roostersrule2
10-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by thornebrook:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

I feel like I missed an interview or something. When was this revealed? I haven't heard of Haaz Sleiman taking on another VA role for Assassin's Creed. :O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It was in the secret crusade book which I might read after revelations.

Dieinthedark
10-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Just to clarify, Abbas was the guy at the gate in AC1 when you first return to Masayaf right?
Was he also the one to tell Altair the "ways they can complete their mission" and Altair says "Yes, yes, we can eavesdrop, we can pickpocket or use violence to intimidate." Is that the guy?

thornebrook
10-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thornebrook:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

I feel like I missed an interview or something. When was this revealed? I haven't heard of Haaz Sleiman taking on another VA role for Assassin's Creed. :O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It was in the secret crusade book which I might read after revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er...Haaz Sleiman being the voice actor for Suleiman in Assassin's Creed: Revelations is in Bowden's "The Secret Crusade"? :/ I feel like someone misread something somewhere, and I'm not sure if it's me.

Anyway, SixKeys, mind if I ask you where you got that info? :O I'd love to know officially if Haaz is voicing for AC again, big fan of the man.

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Dieinthedark:
Just to clarify, Abbas was the guy at the gate in AC1 when you first return to Masayaf right?
Was he also the one to tell Altair the "ways they can complete their mission" and Altair says "Yes, yes, we can eavesdrop, we can pickpocket or use violence to intimidate." Is that the guy?

No. He's the one who said that Altiar puts his tongue to Al Mualim's boot.

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 02:58 PM

I hope it's pretty much the same. I think that story is good, can't have everyone doing the cliche of dying in battle or dying peacefully.

LightRey
10-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Dieinthedark:
Yes to the first question, no to the second one.

@Jexx
I didn't mind that so much. Just the whole concept of how Alta´r dealt with the situation made no sense. He wasn't that stupid/emotionally weak.

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Malik will be there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif in 2 Memory sequences

ShaneO7K
10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Malik will be there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif in 2 Memory sequences

Source?

LightRey
10-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Source? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is to remain anonymous.

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

sorry cant say, believe it or not..
EDIT: thanks Rey http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thornebrook
10-11-2011, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

EDIT: thanks Rey http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is true, then this is awesome news. I will be over the moon, love that guy!

Anyway, thanks for sharing. <3

roostersrule2
10-11-2011, 03:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thornebrook:

I feel like I missed an interview or something. When was this revealed? I haven't heard of Haaz Sleiman taking on another VA role for Assassin's Creed. :O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It was in the secret crusade book which I might read after revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er...Haaz Sleiman being the voice actor for Suleiman in Assassin's Creed: Revelations is in Bowden's "The Secret Crusade"? :/ I feel like someone misread something somewhere, and I'm not sure if it's me.

Anyway, SixKeys, mind if I ask you where you got that info? :O I'd love to know officially if Haaz is voicing for AC again, big fan of the man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ohhh I though you meant where they got the info on Abbas and Altair from sorry.

LightRey
10-11-2011, 03:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

EDIT: thanks Rey http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
And this is good news. Malik was awesome.

SweetsMachineGun
10-11-2011, 04:08 PM

No problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
And this is good news. Malik was awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is true it will make my life.

Sarari
10-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
Why does everyone have such a problem with a minor background character being turned into a major one? IMO it's more interesting because it's someone you'd never expect to play a big part in Alta´r's life, rather than introducing an entirely new villain whom we've never seen before. It just demonstrates that tensions could arise even within the assassin community and people you thought you could at least trust, if not exactly like, could turn against you.
I agree with you. Same thing goes to Al Mualim in AC1. You thought he was doing good but turns out to try and kill you. It was also strange but cool how Robert DeSable was your "ally" in a way considering that he tried to keep Altair away from harm, which was his own master.

SixKeys
10-11-2011, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:

Anyway, SixKeys, mind if I ask you where you got that info? :O I'd love to know officially if Haaz is voicing for AC again, big fan of the man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't seen an official confirmation about it, so I can't claim 100% certainty, but if you watch the clips where Suleiman is talking with Ezio, he sounds exactly like Malik. Not so strange considering the games have a habit of recycling voice actors sometimes. The guy who voiced Leonardo was also the voice of one of the bureau leaders in AC1 (Damascus).

Animuses
10-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Like Francesco de Pazzi and Cesare... GUARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 01:10 AM

Thanks for just ruining the book.

LightRey
10-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Thanks for just ruining the book. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oops, sry. Threads like these get very spoilery though. I mean, we're discussing Malik and Abbas, two major characters of the book and srsly what'd you expect? that they'd both live to be 90 like Alta´r?

Animuses
10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
Thanks for just ruining the book.
Don't worry, it was garbage anyway.

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I really dont get the HUGE negative reactions to the events of the Book, I mean why ?

LightRey
10-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I really dont get the HUGE negative reactions to the events of the Book, I mean why ?
Because people don't like it. There's really no other explanation.

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Because people don't like it. There's really no other explanation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well DUHHHHH !! I know, so why ?

LightRey
10-12-2011, 12:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Because people don't like it. There's really no other explanation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well DUHHHHH !! I know, so why ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I think mostly for the reasons I stated before, but I also hear people saying they didn't like the way it was written (I wouldn't know, I didn't read the novels).

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I read all of them and I actually liked SC the most, the Events werent cliche for one, they were DIFFERENT somehow from your average Novel, I think Malik`s death didnt settle well with his Fans, although Im a huge Fan of his, I liked his Death, it was different you know ? not the same old " and he was standing bravely on the cliff when an Arrow hit him in the throat, and he bled to death"

LightRey
10-12-2011, 12:13 PM
I read all of them and I actually liked SC the most, the Events werent cliche for one, they were DIFFERENT somehow from your average Novel, I think Malik`s death didnt settle well with his Fans, although Im a huge Fan of his, I liked his Death, it was different you know ? not the same old " and he was standing bravely on the cliff when an Arrow hit him in the throat, and he bled to death"
In another post I explained that that wasn't exactly what I didn't like about it. It was more that I found the events themselves to be unrealistic.

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 12:13 PM
In another post I explained that that wasn't exactly what I didn't like about it. It was more that I found the events themselves to be unrealistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
how ?

LightRey
10-12-2011, 12:19 PM
In another post I explained that that wasn't exactly what I didn't like about it. It was more that I found the events themselves to be unrealistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
how ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well for one leaving Malik alone after freeing him was just idiotic. No offense to anyone, but really that was really the dumbest thing to do and Alta´r wasn't stupid.
And Maria's death was just weird. Oh, the apple did it somehow in a weird way, because of Alta´r's emotions (lolwut?). I'm sorry but it was just vague and it just seems like they were simply killed off for dramatic effect.

SweetsMachineGun
10-12-2011, 12:20 PM
how ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*SPOILERS*
To be honest, the only part of his death that doesn't seem realistic to me is that he was found because Altair put him to rest ALONE in the very same residence that his enemy had lent him. This is a completely emaciated man that can't even walk we're talking about. I imagine Altair would think that through a bit better.

It makes sense that he was able to be decapitated though. After all, he had been malnourished for years in prison. He couldn't exactly fight back even if he had the will to. I disliked how short and emotionless the passage was with Bowden's novel, though... and he kept mentioning how the cell smelled like pee. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Edit: I also didn't like how Altair only grieved for Maria in the novel. And then Bowden wrote it so he justified his YEARS WASTED to depression by saying Maria would be proud of him for doing such... lol what. Maria would want you to get your butt back in the game.

ashassin96
10-15-2011, 11:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
He was in a minute of AC... tiny character. The book screwed it up and so will Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The book hardly screwed it up!! I hope you realise the book is based on the ACR storyline as well as AC1. I love how we find out more about Abbas, now I know why he was such a jerk to Altair in AC1. Ubisoft was obviously going to do more with him, especially since we didn't discover why Abbas hated Altair so much. I can't wait for Abbas.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Abbas was made into SUCH a good character in the book!

As for Malik, I thought that while it would probably have been smarter for Altair to get him out of Masyaf before leaving him, I don't think he expected Abbas to be quite so ruthless. He still had the illusion of control.

And the book actually says that he knew Maria wouldn't have wanted him to grieve.

Animuses
10-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Abbas was made into such a PATHETIC character in the book.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Abbas was made into such a PATHETIC character in the book.

He was a damaged and insane individual who took the easy way out. He was one of the most interesting villians in all of AC. He was absolutely horrible, but he was still pitiable. The same cannot be said for any other. They're always too convicted. Abbas didn't have any convictions but his single-minded unwillingness to believe the truth that tore his heart apart.

RzaRecta357
10-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Hah you people that are butthurt over the book (Not you Light, you have a real reason I'm sure.) are cracking me up.

Malik's death was fine. Altair and Maria didn't know what was going on or who to trust. Everything about their home was messed up. He couldn't just sit there with Malik and wait.

His wife wouldn't just leave him there to sit with Malik and wait. They needed to know about their family and their order. Needed to know WHY Malik was the way he was. Needed to straighten everything out.

Maria's death was shocking and probably going to be in the game and that's why they wrote it in. Because it'll look disgusting and amazing on the game.

I thought she died perfect. Altair had good reason to be mad and didn't know that would happen.

Also, Abbas was an *** on the first game and they decided to write a very awesome story about him in. So why is he pathetic Animuses? Do you actually have a reason or are you just angry with this well told book?

First off, they took a real story about the old man of the mountain or something and weaved it into a story about Altair and Abbas's fathers. It was cool. It was emotional. I hope it makes the cut in the game.

The book was awesome. I also loved how they mention The Polo's taking the codex and the seals and then losing the codex.

Animuses
10-16-2011, 07:08 AM
First off, I'm not angry. :P
Secondly, I have explained why I thought Abbas was a pathetic character already.
Lastly, you used the term "butthurt". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Phenom13117
10-16-2011, 08:06 AM
I have just been reading The Secret Crusade and I'm n early done and its not Tolkien-like (obviously), it is however to be honest not utter bull, its alright for what it is. Sure there are quite a bit of changes in Novels and Games (such as Rodrigo killing himself in The Vatican in the AC2 Novel) so I'm looking forward to see what parts of the Novel they use and what they have kept out of the book for the game.

DavisP92
10-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Just the whole concept of how Alta´r dealt with the situation made no sense. He wasn't that stupid/emotionally weak.

Am i right to assume you are refering to how Altair handled the situation with abbas that led to Maria dying? If so then he handled it like every other human would, if he didn't act the way he did then he wouldn't be Altair. (you do know why he acted (emotionally) the way he did?)

masterfenix2009
10-16-2011, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dieinthedark:
Yes to the first question, no to the second one.

@Jexx
I didn't mind that so much. Just the whole concept of how Alta´r dealt with the situation made no sense. He wasn't that stupid/emotionally weak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>*Spoiler*In the passage of two days: He found out his son was murdered, his best friend was murdered, and he was responsible for his wife's death.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
Just the whole concept of how Alta´r dealt with the situation made no sense. He wasn't that stupid/emotionally weak.

Am i right to assume you are refering to how Altair handled the situation with abbas that led to Maria dying? If so then he handled it like every other human would, if he didn't act the way he did then he wouldn't be Altair. (you do know why he acted (emotionally) the way he did?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, I'm referring to leaving Malik unattended right after rescuing him.

SweetsMachineGun
10-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Hah you people that are butthurt over the book (Not you Light, you have a real reason I'm sure.) are cracking me up.

Malik's death was fine. Altair and Maria didn't know what was going on or who to trust. Everything about their home was messed up. He couldn't just sit there with Malik and wait.

His wife wouldn't just leave him there to sit with Malik and wait. They needed to know about their family and their order. Needed to know WHY Malik was the way he was. Needed to straighten everything out.

Maria's death was shocking and probably going to be in the game and that's why they wrote it in. Because it'll look disgusting and amazing on the game.

I thought she died perfect. Altair had good reason to be mad and didn't know that would happen.

Also, Abbas was an *** on the first game and they decided to write a very awesome story about him in. So why is he pathetic Animuses? Do you actually have a reason or are you just angry with this well told book?

First off, they took a real story about the old man of the mountain or something and weaved it into a story about Altair and Abbas's fathers. It was cool. It was emotional. I hope it makes the cut in the game.

The book was awesome. I also loved how they mention The Polo's taking the codex and the seals and then losing the codex.

I am not "butthurt" about this book because of Maria and Malik's ultimate fate. I am "butthurt" about it because it is an affront to the English language. If you enjoyed this book and its numerous incomplete sentences, English is surely not your first language or either you do not read period (the latter is who I think the book caters to).

And secondly, even if Altair had an illusion of a sense of power, he would have known he would be marked the enemy of Abbas as soon as he broke Malik out of prison without notice. Their were no politics involved with this, he just busted in an rescued Malik. OF COURSE that is going to cause conflict. Yet he leaves Malik unattended, unable to fend for himself, in the very residence that Abbas lent to him upon his return. If Abbas finds out about this, the first thing he is going to do IS NOT going to pleasantly ask Altair why he saved Malik, and I think Altair would know this.

Sure, I'm fine with them dying making the cut of the game, but I would like it done a bit differently.

Originally posted by Calvarok:

And the book actually says that he knew Maria wouldn't have wanted him to grieve.

p. 425

"She would have approved, he knew, of what he had done with the Apple, of the years spent squeezing it of juice, learning from it."

p. 427

"Sometimes he smiled, though, because he thought Maria would have approved of him mourning her. I would have appealed to the part of her that had stayed a spoiled English noblewoman, who was as adept at fixing a man with a haughty stare as she was of defeating him in combat, her withering put downs as cutting as her blade."

RzaRecta357
10-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Haha, I don't care how the book was written. Just what was told. Like I said..did you expect Altair to wait with Malik till he recovered? Give me a break. Did you expect him to leave with Malik? He had to set things right.

Sure, Maria could of stayed...but she obviously wanted to find out what happened to her son, what was going on.

Again, they needed to know what was going on badly. They couldn't just sit and wait there with Malik till someone came and got them all.

They were from an order that had more principle then to sneak in and kill a member by cutting off his head. They weren't thinking Hey they're gonna come sneak and cut his head off because our order is a bunch of sneaks.

They thought they left it in good hands and they thought they'd return to it that way.

SweetsMachineGun
10-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Haha, I don't care how the book was written. Just what was told. Like I said..did you expect Altair to wait with Malik till he recovered? Give me a break. Did you expect him to leave with Malik? He had to set things right.

Sure, Maria could of stayed...but she obviously wanted to find out what happened to her son, what was going on.

Again, they needed to know what was going on badly. They couldn't just sit and wait there with Malik till someone came and got them all.

They were from an order that had more principle then to sneak in and kill a member by cutting off his head. They weren't thinking Hey they're gonna come sneak and cut his head off because our order is a bunch of sneaks.

They thought they left it in good hands and they thought they'd return to it that way.

Wh-what... are you kidding? Creeping into a dungeon and taking out a guard to save your buddy against the command of the order is already pretty sneaky in itself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Listen, I'm actually taking more issue with them leaving Malik at their residence GIVEN TO THEM BY ABBAS rather than the fact that they left him alone. They could have at least... well, hid him. They were already suspicious of Abbas by the time they came back to Masyaf. It would make sense to use more caution than they did, especially because they did this explicitly behind Abbas' back -- they would have known he'd retaliate if they were discovered.

RzaRecta357
10-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by sharkbot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Wh-what... are you kidding? Creeping into a dungeon and taking out a guard to save your buddy against the command of the order is already pretty sneaky in itself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Listen, I'm actually taking more issue with them leaving Malik at their residence GIVEN TO THEM BY ABBAS rather than the fact that they left him alone. They could have at least... well, hid him. They were already suspicious of Abbas by the time they came back to Masyaf. It would make sense to use more caution than they did, especially because they did this explicitly behind Abbas' back -- they would have known he'd retaliate if they were discovered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only read it once - when it released - I didn't remember that Abbas gave them the place. So I admit I was wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.

Guess it actually doesn't make much sense.