PDA

View Full Version : I got 5 Lagg's, 3 Hurri's, and a IL2 online with BF-109

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 07:54 AM
I still hear all the stuff about how the BF-109 has been nuetered etc. It's been a painfull learning process, but I finally think I'm getting it down.
First kill of the night was the IL2. He was attacking my airbase, and I rolled over into his flight path at 1800 feet. Came down across him, and layed down on both triggers. One swipe across him from his 2 o'clock to his 7 o'clock, and he exploded. Wing came off, and he went in hard without even a chance to hit the silk.
Buzzed around some more on the same map got some hits, but no kills. Still I was never downed.
Next map I got vulched at least 12 times or more. Still got two Hurri's in one pass.
They were chasing my wingman, and I dove in from 2700 feet. As I closed my wingman went into a climb, and I chopped throttle dropped CB flaps at 550, and cranked it up. Realised (just pure luck) my guns were gonna cross both so I layed the hammer down. I always fire everything I've got when I shoot. Oh I was in a F-2 at the time, G-6 previously. One's wing came off and the other was nothing but a fireball as I came over the top and looked down.
Third one I got when he stalled my wingman overshot him. He was about 400 feet below me off at my 3 o'clock so I cut across and hammered him in the spin. Saw some explosions in the mid fuselage, and he never recovered, and ejected.

Next up those darn Lagg's. I knew they would be there and I was in a G-10. So from the start I climbed, and didn't stop until I was 4500 feet up. Got 3 chasing my wingmen, and 1 on a BnZ. He was so low I could see his shadow on the water.
Last one was and wasn't a kill. He was on me like white on rice at 3500 feet. I was doing all I could to shake him, and he was landing nothing on me. Overheat had been showing for about a minute so I had to do something quick.
I did a wide barrel roll, and pulled it up towards terra firma. Radiator closed CB flaps up started at 250 let the sucker overheat, and dove down. At 700 she starting shaking pretty bad, and I eased it back until I was vertical. The screen was so dark I could barely see with the G's. Looked up through the canopy, and what did I see a Lagg spiralling hopelessly towards the earth.
It looked pretty intact, but as I've been there before I knew his surfaces had long since left the aircraft.
I came back up to 2700 feet, and before I got there I saw the prompt he had hit the water below. Oooh had to hurt!

Anyway I'm enthralled with the aircraft. All my previous frustrations are starting to turn in to kills.
I must give thanks to all those who gave me tips, and advice as well as DKP who sent me a cool BnZ .trk so I could see what it was supposed to look like.

I did get shot down a good bit though. I think I delivered as much as I took though.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 07:54 AM
I still hear all the stuff about how the BF-109 has been nuetered etc. It's been a painfull learning process, but I finally think I'm getting it down.
First kill of the night was the IL2. He was attacking my airbase, and I rolled over into his flight path at 1800 feet. Came down across him, and layed down on both triggers. One swipe across him from his 2 o'clock to his 7 o'clock, and he exploded. Wing came off, and he went in hard without even a chance to hit the silk.
Buzzed around some more on the same map got some hits, but no kills. Still I was never downed.
Next map I got vulched at least 12 times or more. Still got two Hurri's in one pass.
They were chasing my wingman, and I dove in from 2700 feet. As I closed my wingman went into a climb, and I chopped throttle dropped CB flaps at 550, and cranked it up. Realised (just pure luck) my guns were gonna cross both so I layed the hammer down. I always fire everything I've got when I shoot. Oh I was in a F-2 at the time, G-6 previously. One's wing came off and the other was nothing but a fireball as I came over the top and looked down.
Third one I got when he stalled my wingman overshot him. He was about 400 feet below me off at my 3 o'clock so I cut across and hammered him in the spin. Saw some explosions in the mid fuselage, and he never recovered, and ejected.

Next up those darn Lagg's. I knew they would be there and I was in a G-10. So from the start I climbed, and didn't stop until I was 4500 feet up. Got 3 chasing my wingmen, and 1 on a BnZ. He was so low I could see his shadow on the water.
Last one was and wasn't a kill. He was on me like white on rice at 3500 feet. I was doing all I could to shake him, and he was landing nothing on me. Overheat had been showing for about a minute so I had to do something quick.
I did a wide barrel roll, and pulled it up towards terra firma. Radiator closed CB flaps up started at 250 let the sucker overheat, and dove down. At 700 she starting shaking pretty bad, and I eased it back until I was vertical. The screen was so dark I could barely see with the G's. Looked up through the canopy, and what did I see a Lagg spiralling hopelessly towards the earth.
It looked pretty intact, but as I've been there before I knew his surfaces had long since left the aircraft.
I came back up to 2700 feet, and before I got there I saw the prompt he had hit the water below. Oooh had to hurt!

Anyway I'm enthralled with the aircraft. All my previous frustrations are starting to turn in to kills.
I must give thanks to all those who gave me tips, and advice as well as DKP who sent me a cool BnZ .trk so I could see what it was supposed to look like.

I did get shot down a good bit though. I think I delivered as much as I took though.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 11:32 AM
1. Agree with BF 109, I had some problems at the start with it but now it is OK.

2. Not everybody want to share you're success so come to the IL-2 FB European tourney and people can see how you fly

3. Make a movie of you're actions and post it so everybody can see what you did.

4. Post a war story instead of talking about your own success.

5. Last point congratulations with your victory you did some nice flying.
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Good Hunting
Jaws43

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 11:40 AM
show us the ntrk

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 11:46 AM
You can get kills with anything, getting kills in a plane has nothing to do with how well its performance is simulated in the game.
Bf-109 does not have it's historical advantages and has to compete with planes that have a total UFO FM, like La7. La7 should be banned on all servers, until developers will review its FM.

<center> http://www.stormbirds.com/images/discussion-main.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 11:46 AM
Well I would have needed to have fraps so I could edit a whole bunch of .trks
Next time I'll remember to set a hot key to start recording a .trk at least one .trk would be better than none.

I just got all wrapped up in the situation never even thought about recording it. Screenshots are impossible for some reason when I hit "printscreen" IL2 drops to the desktop.
I would have loved to have a picture of that setup on the Hurri's.

The other night all I managed to do was put a few MG rounds into a Buffalo. So needless to say I'm getting to really like the BF-109.
I spent most of earlier yesterday as I just realisedd it is now playing QMB with me in a F-4 vs 4 Ace Lagg-5's. After getting cremed over, and over by them I learned only 3 ways of taking them in the BF-109.
One which is head on and praying lead from long range, and then barrel rolling to avoid getting hit as we closed.
A good BnZ and then break the opposite way they are turning.
Well two anyway the computer doesn't fall for diving so I learned that online from here.

If I made a video most would probably say I spray like a newb. I don't spare much ammo, and then I RTB. I wish I could say I got all of those kills back to back lol.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 05:44 AM
Well you are obviously overmodeled. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://idealab.snu.ac.kr/~hobbist/La-5FN/small/La-5FN-06.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 06:17 AM
Turn off the overheat, plays the same as the beta. Don't see why your whining about super Russian planes now, they haven't changed from the beta. It's your engine overheats that have changed.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 06:18 AM
You shot down a Sturmo with a diving 2 o'clock to 7 o'clock snapshot pass???

There's no way I'd believe that without seeing a track. Next you're gonna tell me it was 20mm, and not a freak Mk108 hit.

What would I believe? That the tail gunner got you as you recovered to his high 7:00; instant pilot kill.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 06:42 AM
Its very possible to kill an IL2 in one pass with a G6. If you come from above, the 20 and 2 13mms will rip the wing off pretty easy if ya get it just right.

"Ich bin ein Wuergerwhiner"

"The future battle on the ground will be preceded by battle in the air. This will determine which of the contestants has to suffer operational and tactical disadvantages and be forced throughout the battle into adoption compromise solutions." --Erwin Rommel

http://lbhskier37.freeservers.com/Mesig.jpg
--NJG26_Killa--

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 06:56 AM
Ahhh .. now tracks are important, I see.

;>

Something fun - set up AI/plane comparisons in 1.11 - just went through 5 different tests then of the G2 and G6 vs "horrible non overheating" La5/La5f, 5000m, smolensk.

AI managed to win 16 vs 16 vet matches every single time. No MK108 on the G6, didn't set Ace level due to weird ground-crashing problems at times on that setting.

Even the AI is able to win a turnfight of g6 vs la5 - and they usually end up bringing it down low to 500-1000m too.

It'd be interesting to get another one of those statistical comparisons done of various AI matchups, like the ones that were done for 1.0. Anyone know who originally did those?

http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/worker_parasite.jpg

Need help with NewView? Read this thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=yzbcj)

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 11:06 AM
I would like to say good work on useing some smarts with your flying,and dont worry about the tracks if people dont beleave you stuff'em.

I have been doing some gunnery practice against the dreaded laGG41,the one everyone says cant be killed well "sometimes" its amamzing how easy it is to kill.( to easy to be beleaved infact)

No1RAAF_Pourshot

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~andycarroll68/44.jpg

No1_RAAF

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Wonder why ppl wouldn't believe it. It's no surprise at all considering that he has learned how to B&Z. You don't fight with charts and tabels up there, but with your brain. Of course realistic modelling of the planes is crucial, however ppl who get their asses kicked online regulary and think it's only because of Oleg would still get their asses kicked even if "their" plane would fit exactly to the chart they prefer.

=38=OIAE

47|FC=-