PDA

View Full Version : Stupid wolf.....

Klaevkhar
04-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Uhg, I cant seem to get the Grey Wolves mod to work..It craps out on me when I try to start a patrole....

Clean instal, kept my save files, 1.4b patched...wtf?

Celeon999
04-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Maybe you made an mistake during installation. Its pretty complex so it is easy to forget to unpack a file for example.

Luckily i had no problems but the mod could really need an install.exe to make things easier

Did you used JGSME mod enabler ?

Klaevkhar
04-15-2006, 09:24 AM
ya i used the enabler....

there are 6 parts to the mod right?

HW3
04-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Yes, and they had to be assembled in the proper order too.

TheRealWulfmann
04-15-2006, 10:23 AM
I installed by hand and in no particular order and it runs fine.
Although, I would suggest one does put them in from first to last to be safe.
I do not like the mod enabler because I prefer to see the files installed but I have done this a few times.
Rule number one.
After installing a new patched SH3 make a copy of the entire data folder.
This allows you to delete the one not working, drop in the saved one and try again with no reintalling the game.
Once you have a smooth running SH3, save that now modified data folder as well.
Then, if you do some more modding and screw it up (we all do this) you can go back to the last known great mod version.
If you did not save a copy of your stock 1.4b version and are now in trouble you will certainly see the reason for having one as back up now.
The other thing you can try is simply open each GW folder in order and dropping each data folder on top on the data folder in the game.
This will reinstall everything and if you missed something you will have it now.

Wulfmann

bunkerratt
04-15-2006, 11:53 AM
i did it as wulfmann said...it went fine...i put it together in a folder ..then draged and droped it in where it was sposed to go... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Klaevkhar
04-15-2006, 01:22 PM
http://www.demonoid.com/torrents/details/319475/
Looks interesting, no?