PDA

View Full Version : PACIFIC FIGHTERS DGEN BETA 3.11 bugs

KeenFox
10-29-2004, 05:50 PM
There is a bug where you play as ensign in a 4+2 formation, and your plane(on autopilot) want to take the place beside the leader in the first formation. The plane will allways try to ram itself up the formations ***, no matter if you circle around or try to do.
In some carrers this happens more frequently then others. Most notebly playing US Navy bomber ensign on Midway.

And some random rants:
Missions still take TO LONG before something happens.
Playing Japanish you get swamped with US fighters that -seem- more manuvrable and carries tons of armor. Your puny guns have to hit millions of times, while .50 just need to few glancing hit to send anything down in flames. I am no history expert, but I dont recall the Pacific war being a one sided slaughter..(exception being the turkey shoot) Then again, maybe the US did OWNZ! as bad, and Japan where inferior in every way. Thats the impression I get from this game at least, what a hard earned victory my american friends. ;P

J/K of course, but you get my drift.

KeenFox
10-29-2004, 05:50 PM
There is a bug where you play as ensign in a 4+2 formation, and your plane(on autopilot) want to take the place beside the leader in the first formation. The plane will allways try to ram itself up the formations ***, no matter if you circle around or try to do.
In some carrers this happens more frequently then others. Most notebly playing US Navy bomber ensign on Midway.

And some random rants:
Playing Japanish you get swamped with US fighters that -seem- more manuvrable and carries tons of armor. Your puny guns have to hit millions of times, while .50 just need to few glancing hit to send anything down in flames. I am no history expert, but I dont recall the Pacific war being a one sided slaughter..(exception being the turkey shoot) Then again, maybe the US did OWNZ! as bad, and Japan where inferior in every way. Thats the impression I get from this game at least, what a hard earned victory my american friends. ;P

J/K of course, but you get my drift.

Sakai9745
10-29-2004, 07:44 PM
It was a pretty one-sided affair, especially from 1943 onwards. US advances in fighter plane designs coupled with a high attrition of experienced IJN fighter pilots really took a toll on the Japanese. Many air battles in that time period, from what I read, were a slaughter for them.

Fillmore
10-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Well, playing USN bomber campaign I have one main rant. These missions where your fleet is under attack and you take off and fly away from the action, fine with me. problem is we are being attacked by like 30 planes and we have only 4 fighters to defend http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Secondary rant is strike missions where the enemy ships have moved out of detection range of AI bombers by the time they reach waypoint. I don't mind that once in a while, but I get the impression it will happen every single time the target is far enough away.

NorrisMcWhirter
10-30-2004, 05:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KeenFox:

And some random rants:

J/K of course, but you get my drift. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right - PF did turn out to be Patriot Fighters in some respects what with the relative weapon strengths.

I was still surprised that the readme for the DCG patch didn't document the settings in the config file....as it would be possible to adjust the mission lengths/#s of planes in the air as for AEP.

Maybe in the next patch...?

Cheers,
Norris

KeenFox
10-30-2004, 08:17 AM
Yes, as Fillmore said, this happens in most defend missions. Be it Japanish or American..
3-4 defenders vs 30-40 attackers. Playing a zero carrer you just have to ignore the fighters then go for the divebombers, and since your wing cannons is the only thing that can hurt their armor.. well, just mg rounds left when you confront the Panzer fighters. In US missions the .50 does a decent job of all targets.. and if you conserve your ammo...
I did have a plesent surprise about the Zero thoue, I could easily dodge the fighters and hit the bombers, that would have been impossible in a american plane.

Dodging, okey, when I fight zeros, they just lazy turn left or right, fighting F4*es they do all kinds of dodge tricks.. I am sorry, but I sort of expected it to be the other way around..
At least earlywar..

Mr. NorrisMcWhirter
Where do I find this config file? I heard someone meantionm it before, and checked all the folders for config files.. but nothing seem relevant.. what is it called?

P.S Yes, everyone, I know the Dgen is still in beta. Lets provide all the feedback we can. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
10-30-2004, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KeenFox:
Yes, as Fillmore said, this happens in most defend missions. Be it Japanish or American..
3-4 defenders vs 30-40 attackers. Playing a zero carrer you just have to ignore the fighters then go for the divebombers, and since your wing cannons is the only thing that can hurt their armor.. well, just mg rounds left when you confront the Panzer fighters. In US missions the .50 does a decent job of all targets.. and if you conserve your ammo...
I did have a plesent surprise about the Zero thoue, I could easily dodge the fighters and hit the bombers, that would have been impossible in a american plane.

Dodging, okey, when I fight zeros, they just lazy turn left or right, fighting F4*es they do all kinds of dodge tricks.. I am sorry, but I sort of expected it to be the other way around..
At least earlywar..

Mr. NorrisMcWhirter
Where do I find this config file? I heard someone meantionm it before, and checked all the folders for config files.. but nothing seem relevant.. what is it called?

P.S Yes, everyone, I know the Dgen is still in beta. Lets provide all the feedback we can. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

In your FB folder (PF+AEP), you should find some .ini files:

conf.ini
dcg.ini

My dcg.ini file contains:

C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\mc\
C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\mc\Kursk\
C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\
Two
Four
Three
Four
Moderate
Moderate
Moderate
Campaign Defaults
75 Kilometers
3500 Meters
3000 Meters
FBDTime=No Time Limit
FrontMovement=True
CopyMission=False
Dogfight=False
Coop=False
500 Missions
AutoGeneration=False
Primary=True
DSTimes=True
Paras=False
Briefing=True
Nationality=German
HistDates=True
Scoring=False
LogFileDate=[Apr 7, 2004 12:25:01 AM]
Tracking=True
NoTransfers=False
Night=False
DGEN_Replacement=False
TankDG=True
TransitAlt=Default
TgtEgressAlt=Transit Altitude
TgtAlt=Transit Altitude
TgtIngressAlt=Transit Altitude
IPAlt=Transit Altitude
TgtIngressOffset=Default
IPOffset=Default
TOStepAltBox=Default
NormandyBase=False
Death=False
AirStarts=False
TOCircle=All Types Circle
IECoordinates=All Types Use
CruiseSpeed=Default
Language=English
IL2AEP=True
NGEN_Replacement=False

As there is no documentation, it's not possible to determine (except by experimentation) what settings change what...That's why I've been asking for the documentation for the new DCG since PF was released.

Some time back, someone posted some information on modifying the FB/AEP DCG engine with the following additions to the conf.ini file:

[DGEN]
; Remove ";" to activate.
; ";" is Forgotten Battle's Comment Character
;
; NoBadWeather

NoAirfieldHighlight
AirIntensity=Medium
GroundIntensity=Medium

; Valid entries are: Low, Medium, High (Medium is default)
; Valid entries are: Low, Medium, High (Medium is default)

MissionDistance=50
; Valid entries are any whole number between 0 and 300

RandomFlights=5
; Valid entries are any whole number between 1 and 5

CampaignLength=Medium
; Valid entries are: VeryShort, Short, Medium, Long, VeryLong (VeryLong is default)

CampaignAI=Hard
; Valid entries are: Easy, Normal, Hard (Default is Normal)

CampaignMissions=Hard
; Valid entries are: Easy, Normal, Hard (Default is Normal)

; BOE Specific Follows
;

;MaxFLAK=30
; Valid entries are any whole number between 0 and 100 (Default is 10)

;NoActiveFrontline
; Comment out with a ; preceeding to disable

; AEP Specific Follows
;

MaxBomberSkill=2
; Valid entries are any whole number between 0 and 3. (Unknown Default)

Of course, I don't know if the new DCG uses the entries in the conf.ini file or the ones in the dcg.ini file (I suspect the latter)....

It's all a bit of a mess and I suspect not a big job for someone to post some documentation on what settings do what...

Cheers,
Norris

Saburo_0
10-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Try setting airnstensity= Low & see if that reduces the number of attackers.

fordfan25
10-30-2004, 11:35 AM
please help. I cant seem to find the ini. files anywere in the fb/pf programe folder.

Dunkelgrun
10-30-2004, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
please help. I cant seem to find the ini. files anywere in the fb/pf programe folder. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

C:&gt;Program Files&gt;Ubi Soft&gt;IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles&gt;conf

for PF+FB+AEP.

Cheers!

fordfan25
10-30-2004, 11:57 AM
ok i followed you directions but it said nothing about aep or PF. wich ofcourse i have both installed in the joint fashion.this is all i could find. i was looking for dcg.ini ,i think so i could try and change the distance to target to make the travel time shorter. but No were in my F.B folder can i find it.
this is all i found.also why is the folder not saying FB+AEP+PF?

title=Il2-Sturmovik Forgotten Battles
hotkeys=HotKey game

[window]
width=800
height=600
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=1
Use3Renders=0

[GLPROVIDER]
GL=Opengl32.dll

[GLPROVIDERS]
Open GL=Opengl32.dll
DirectX=dx8wrap.dll

[NET]
speed=10000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=31
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
SkinDownload=1
serverName=
serverDescription=
remoteHost=66.24.46.204
localHost=
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=0

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10.0
nearMaxLagTime=2.0
cheaterWarningDelay=5.0
cheaterWarningNum=-1

[chat]
region=(dx=0.6925,dy=0.071666665,x=0.0,y=0.0)
adr0=ALL

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=0
mapPadX=0.66875
mapPadY=-0.046666667
viewSet=32
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=3
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0

[HotKey game]
PrintScreen=ScreenShot
P=pause
Pause=pause

[HotKey gui]
Escape=activate

[HookViewFly Config]
timeFirstStep=2.0
deltaZ=10.0

[HookView]
MouseLeft=Len

[HookView Config]
AzimutSpeed=0.1
TangageSpeed=0.1
LenSpeed=1.0
MinLen=1.0
DefaultLen=20.0
MaxLen=3000.0
Speed=6

[HotKey builder]
MouseLeft=objectMove
MouseRight=popupmenu
Enter=freeView
Shift MouseLeft=worldZoom
Alt MouseLeft=select+
Alt MouseRight=select-
Alt Ctrl=unselect
PageDown=change+
PageUp=change-
End=change++
Home=change--
Ctrl MouseLeft=insert+
Insert=insert+
NumPad-0=insert+
F=fill
Ctrl MouseRight=delete+
NumPad.=delete+
Delete=delete+
Backspace=cursor
Tab=cursor
F10=land
F11=onLand
NumPad-=normalLand
NumPad+=toLand
NumPad-5=resetAngles
NumPad-8=resetTangage90
NumPad-7=stepAzimut-5
NumPad-4=stepAzimut-15
NumPad-1=stepAzimut-30
NumPad-9=stepAzimut5
NumPad-6=stepAzimut15
NumPad-3=stepAzimut30

[MouseXYZ]
F1=SpeedSlow
F2=SpeedNormal
F3=SpeedFast
MouseRight=XYmove
F4 MouseRight=Zmove
MouseMiddle=Amove
F5 MouseRight=Amove
F6 MouseRight=Tmove
F7 MouseRight=Kmove

[MouseXYZ Config]
RealTime=1

[HotKey Console]
Shift Tab=Activate
[Console]
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOGFILE=log.lst
LOGKEEP=0

[sound]
SoundUse=1
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=0
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=8
ObjectVolume=14
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=0
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=2
NumChannels=0
SoundExt.occlusions=0
SoundFlags.hardware=0
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=0
SoundExt.volumefx=0
SoundFlags.voicemgr=0
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=12
Channels=2
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.85
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=0
ActLevel=0
MicLevel=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0

[rts]
;ProcessAffinityMask=1
mouseUse=2
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
locale=

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
Invert=0
SensitivityZ=1.0

[rts_joystick]
X=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
Y=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
Z=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
RZ=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
FF=0
U=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
V=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
1X=3 5 10 15 20 25 35 45 55 70 100 90
1Y=2 10 15 20 25 30 35 43 53 66 100 60
1RZ=2 20 27 37 46 50 61 73 79 89 100 40
1U=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1V=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1Z=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0

[Render_DirectX]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=0
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=0
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=0
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=0
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=0
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=0

HardwareShaders=0

Shadows=1
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=1
LandShading=2
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=0
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=0

VideoSetupId=4
Water=1
ForceShaders1x=0
PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=1
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=0
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=0
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=0
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=0
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=0

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=1
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=17
Water=0
Effects=0
ForceShaders1x=0

PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

NorrisMcWhirter
10-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi,

Those items in my conf.ini *I* added by hand sometime around when BoE was released because it helped with chop when there were too many B17s in the air.

You probably don't need them for PF because there appears to be a dcg.ini file just for the new DCG.

Of course, it would be nice for someone to say one way or the other....

I suspect you're better off tinkering with the dcg.ini file for the moment.

Cheers,
Norris

fordfan25
10-31-2004, 12:04 AM
well the thing is i cant find the dcg.ini anywere.

NorrisMcWhirter
10-31-2004, 03:25 AM
Hi,

Hmm. The plot thickens...

The dcg.ini file I have is dated April of this year (not the 1st!) suggesting that it's not a lot to do with PF.

I think this belongs to the il2dcg alternative that I tried out some time ago; in that respect, ignore it.

In my PF standalone folder, there is no dcg.ini nor are there any additional entries in my conf.ini concerning dcg. I suspect we'll just have to wait for someone to post some docs on it to find out how to tone certain things down.

Cheers,
Norris

KeenFox
10-31-2004, 09:50 AM
I uncovered another bug today, its about the lack of radio. Anyway, sometimes teamates will follow the leader until he gives another order, even when such an action is unwise. Today, I watched one zero playing follow the leader a whole dogfight, just following, not shooting down targets coming betheen himself and the leader. The Zero would not stop following the leader, and the leader could not order him to "target enemy fighters" because he had no radio. Now before you think "makes sense since Japan had problems with communications", rember that Japanish fighters fought as induviduals and once engaged they would not depend upon a leader. The AI ingame now is HEAVILY dependent on the teamleader giving orders before they are allowed to do anything but "stay in formation".
In short, the AI is to ******ed to function without a radio, and while historicly accurate, it just dosent work out in the game.. You should consider making a more independent decision making script for units without radio, or isolated.

KeenFox
10-31-2004, 03:01 PM
Hehe, more divebombing, this conserns both sides. I like divebombing, sometimes I even hit.. yet.. my allies NEVER hit, and most of the time they dont "dive" either.
When a carriers takes 8-10hits(I heard), how the frag am I suppose to sink one? My teamates are even WORSE then me.. 8 planes.. only 1 hit...