PDA

View Full Version : How do you turn off text

Wingstrut_1
12-21-2005, 02:02 PM
how do you turn off on screen text such as the kmph/alt/hdg reading in lower left on screen as well as flight radio text. Basically I want a screen free of text display during flight. ?????

John_Wayne_
12-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Change to NoSubTitles=1 in the config file. You'll find that in your main game file.

danjama
12-21-2005, 02:33 PM
To get the speed/info bar off, set a key to it in the controls section. Then scroll through until its gone. I use Z.

ColoradoBBQ
12-21-2005, 11:05 PM
If you also want to turn off the text on the right hand side, NoHudLog=0 <-change this to 1.

Tully__
12-22-2005, 12:28 AM
To summarise:

Text at the top of the screen, go to [game] section of conf.ini file and set

NoSubTitles=1

Text half way up the right of the screen, same part of conf.ini file, set:

NoHudLog=1

Text in the lower left corner, set "No Speedbar" difficulty setting to ON. If you have PF or fly online, also assign a key to the "Toggle Speedbar" control in the game controls screen as PF always leaves heading (HDG) on if you just use the difficulty setting and online the host controls the difficulty.

Woof603
12-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Wingstrut_1:
how do you turn off on screen text such as the kmph/alt/hdg reading in lower left on screen as well as flight radio text. Basically I want a screen free of text display during flight. ?????

Are you the Wingstrut who made all that wonderful stuff for Red Baron? And are you going to do the same for FB/PF? I certainly hope so. S!

Iron_Hand1
12-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Another option for you.
In the [GAME]section of the config.ini file, this is the same section that "NoSubtitles" and "NoChatter" are,
instead of changing NoSubtitles and turning it off, just add the line SubTitlesLines=2.
This will limit the amount of lines to 2, but you will still be able to see the talk that is going on. I personally turned off the radio chatter and set my lines to 2, that way I don't hear them but still see all the messages without filling the whole screen. you can set the lines to 1 or 3 if thats better for you too.
Anyway, just another option if you like.

S~