PDA

View Full Version : New ending theory I haven't seen before (spoilers)

E-Zekiel
12-20-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm thinking, after watching the ending again, that perhaps that the point of the apple and Desmond stabbing Lucy was so that they would both die. The apple, of course, killing Desmond. They mention the "gate" specifically, and that it must be opened. This made me think that perhaps to get there, they needed to die.

I thought this because I thought of other stories (not AC related) where after death, oftentimes a "Gate" is alluded to in one way or another.

Just a theory. Doesn't answer a whole lot of questions, I think, but I think this is what I'm going to go with for now. Desmond was killed by the apple, but he needed to be accompanied by someone (Lucy, it seems), and so he stabs her. He then has to find someone, apparently.

The only real thing I don't have an explanation for now is the "Go. Now. ALONE." bit. Because if he needed the companion and killed her so that she could join him in "death" in order to go beyond the "gate", I'm not sure why he would be told to go alone.

Although as I write this, it occurs to me that maybe Lucy's death put her beyond the "gate", and now Desmond has to go beyond the gate to find her again.

Really hard to see where it's going but I think I might be on to something.

MrJLBoyyy
12-20-2010, 03:08 AM
Maybe Lucy's death gives Desmond a motivation to keep going? Interesting theory.

marbatico
12-20-2010, 03:14 AM
you forget that, during the credits, someone says something along the lines of:
''put him into the animus, it did this to him, it can undo this.''
sounds like desmond isnt dead.

Inorganic9_2
12-20-2010, 07:37 AM
And the fact you also hear Desmond say "no" after that.

I wonder how the animus can undo it though? (I'm assuming that people think he's just gone insane due to the bleeding effect)

That also assumes that was actually what was said. I can't remember it exactly myself.

Mutley_Rulz
12-20-2010, 07:42 AM
I don't think they said the Animus did it to him, and can undo it. If I remember rightly, while not word-for-word correct this is how it went:

Person 1: ****, he's going into shock!
Person 2: Stick him back into the Animus
Person 1: But that's what did this to him in the first place
Person 2: Am I the expert or not? Put him back in.
Desmond: No...

rocketxsurgeon
12-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Maybe Desmond was close to dying, was found and put into the animus to save him. The possibilities are endless.

Black_Widow9
12-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Please post this here-
disscusion of the end of acb *spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9261071398)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>