PDA

View Full Version : Something about Ezio

flyingeaglemile
11-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Always bothered me. Why was it when his father and brothers died he was so ready to kill Uberto? I mean I understand why but he had no training, and taking someone`s life is a hard thing to do. It just bothered that they had him so ready to kill after he had a reason too, he didn`t even have any doubts about it. I don`t know, maybe seeing your father and brothers murdered in front of you can cause you to go from a normal teenager (Ezio was like 17 at the beginning of AC2 right?) to a killer. With Altair it`s ok that he can take someone`s life with ease because he was trained since a child to do just that, but Ezio seemed too ready to kill imo. Did this bother anyone else?

xsatanicjokerx
11-26-2010, 11:30 PM
ill come over to your house and betray you then hang your whole family and see if you feel any feelings to kill me.

flyingeaglemile
11-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
ill come over to your house and betray you then hang your whole family and see if you feel any feelings to kill me.

I might feel like it, I doubt I`ll have the balls to do it though, or skill to run away from the law.

xsatanicjokerx
11-26-2010, 11:36 PM
If you were a bad *** 17 year old pro free runner you would have the balls.

Sparty2020
11-26-2010, 11:56 PM
I understand where you're coming from. I felt the same way when Desmond, who was even accused of being a vegan by Shaun, just annihilated a entire team of Abstergo employees sent to secure him. AC:B didn't even touch on the issue that Desmond just murdered at least a dozen men in less than a minute.

Hopefully AC 3 can delve into all of these issues. I'm not asking for something as complex as Metal Gear Solid but just a few lines would help.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-27-2010, 12:24 AM
From personal experiences in the US military and my time in the infantry I can say that when it comes to anger and your life on the line the last thing you think about is the other person. It's not hard taking a life but dealing with it afterward is the scary part my friend. Maybe he saw it as just protection since they were after his family and him anyway. And on top of that it is fiction and a story.

ZCherub
11-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Let's not forget that the world was a very different place back then, too. The things that people were accustomed to seeing sometimes rendered life a little "cheaper" in their eyes.

E-Zekiel
11-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Altair25:
From personal experiences in the US military and my time in the infantry I can say that when it comes to anger and your life on the line the last thing you think about is the other person. It's not hard taking a life but dealing with it afterward is the scary part my friend. Maybe he saw it as just protection since they were after his family and him anyway. And on top of that it is fiction and a story.

QFE.

That and some people just have it in them. I think it's very relevant to how jaded in life you are. Ezio would have become extremely jaded at that point.

SolidSnakeMat
11-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Taking a life is hard but Revenge is a lot easier. Revenge blinds judgment and do a lot more than just kill someone. Ezio realized his revenge wasn't going to change anything by the end of AC2 and he already humiliated Rodrigo by being the prophet and beating him silly. Thats why Ezio spared Rodrigo but not Uberto or viera da pazi because of the lack of training he had no respect for the people he killed he just wanted revenge. The more Ezio killed them the more he realized it wasn't going to mean a thing to him in the end. Then AC:B Ezio realizes that the war between Assassins and Templars is a lot more than his revenge when Ceasra attacked the villa.