PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Campaign Request

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 08:13 PM
When I fly a dynamic campaign, I prefer to use the "Dead is Dead" style. This means that if I die or am captured, I restart the campaign from the beginning. Instead of always having to restart, I would like to see an option that allows the pilot to continue the campaign, but all of your kills and medals will be reset to zero. In other words, you would continue with the campaign but as a replacement pilot, much like DGen does right now with the AI pilots.

Would it be possible to add something like this to the January addon, or is it too late for that?

I/JG54^Lukas
He 162 A-2 Cockpit Modeler

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 08:13 PM
When I fly a dynamic campaign, I prefer to use the "Dead is Dead" style. This means that if I die or am captured, I restart the campaign from the beginning. Instead of always having to restart, I would like to see an option that allows the pilot to continue the campaign, but all of your kills and medals will be reset to zero. In other words, you would continue with the campaign but as a replacement pilot, much like DGen does right now with the AI pilots.

Would it be possible to add something like this to the January addon, or is it too late for that?

I/JG54^Lukas
He 162 A-2 Cockpit Modeler

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 12:17 PM
Super - Mega - Ultra BUMP to this one!

For offline players it would be a great improvement!

S!

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 02:11 PM
I'd also like to see this, together with some kind of high score where you can find your pilots, no matter if they died or finished the war alive.

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 05:20 PM
An excellent suggestion Lukas, I'd like to add another (not meant to hijack the thread, only add feature thay may go hand in hand with this one).

Would it be possible to allow for more than 1 flight/sorty per day? I just don't feel the urgency during the airlifts of Stalingrad, or the battle of Kursk, when I'm only allowed to fly one mission per day. I realize that for gameplay reasons this will 'bog down' the campaign, but imho it would allow many of the 'realistic/historic' flyers to feel an increased sense of immersion.

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 06:09 PM
JG54_Lukas wrote:

"When I fly a dynamic campaign, I prefer to use the "Dead is Dead" style. This means that if I die or am captured, I restart the campaign from the beginning. "

Well, you could look at Lowengrin`s DCG. Whenever you die or are captured, everything except the Campaign is reset and you start a new. I found this a bit tough at first, losing all my kills and medals and even ranks, but it does force you to try and stay alive.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire Whiner member).