PDA

View Full Version : cursor(hand) stays in normal position

Caliopy
02-10-2005, 12:15 AM
After 3 days of doing everything I could think of to get Myst 4 to launch, I finally got to start the game, but my victory was short lived. I get to the part where Yeesha asks me to come look at a gecko in the second green house. I enter the green house, and my cursor goes into the normal position and will not change. So I cannot move or leave the room. I can pan the camera around and look, but I cannot move. I tried left clicking, right clicking, space bar, escape, even ctrl+ left and right clicking. Nothing works. I finally end up hitting alt+ F4 to exit the game.

My system is: win98SE, P4 1.2 Ghz, 512 Ram, Nvidia Geforce 4 MX420 using 61.76 drivers(tried the 69.94 and the old 56.64 neither changes the situation), IDE DVD-ROM 16X, KDS monitor, DirectX 9.0c.

Any help or suggestion on remedying the situation would be greatly appreciated. I just want to play my game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Caliopy
02-10-2005, 12:15 AM
After 3 days of doing everything I could think of to get Myst 4 to launch, I finally got to start the game, but my victory was short lived. I get to the part where Yeesha asks me to come look at a gecko in the second green house. I enter the green house, and my cursor goes into the normal position and will not change. So I cannot move or leave the room. I can pan the camera around and look, but I cannot move. I tried left clicking, right clicking, space bar, escape, even ctrl+ left and right clicking. Nothing works. I finally end up hitting alt+ F4 to exit the game.

My system is: win98SE, P4 1.2 Ghz, 512 Ram, Nvidia Geforce 4 MX420 using 61.76 drivers(tried the 69.94 and the old 56.64 neither changes the situation), IDE DVD-ROM 16X, KDS monitor, DirectX 9.0c.

Any help or suggestion on remedying the situation would be greatly appreciated. I just want to play my game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Caliopy
02-10-2005, 02:19 PM
solved by going to Nvidia's site and checking with support. I could not load windows with Nvidia's new 66.94 drivers cause I had 512+ ram and win98. Had to change my settings to 16 bit to allow windows to load with the new drivers, and now the game works.

One thing, I am learning more than I ever wanted to about computers by trying to play Myst 4 :P