PDA

View Full Version : Bricking it a bit, organised a massive suprise for my Grandads 87th birthday

VonShlagnoff
04-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Next weekend I have arranged for a suprise flight in a Chipmunk for my Grandad as a suprise birthday present, most of my family will be there, including my Mum who is coming over from France. At the moment he knows nothing about this, basically we are going to be sat outside the terminal building by the apron at Shoreham Airport in Sussex and the Chipmunk, owned by a friend, will taxi up, I'll hand my Grandad a flying suit and tell him he can go flying. It's taken ages to sort out, and it's finally coming together, I can't belive that my Grandparents still don't know, but god I hope that the next week goes without a hitch.

VonShlagnoff
04-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Next weekend I have arranged for a suprise flight in a Chipmunk for my Grandad as a suprise birthday present, most of my family will be there, including my Mum who is coming over from France. At the moment he knows nothing about this, basically we are going to be sat outside the terminal building by the apron at Shoreham Airport in Sussex and the Chipmunk, owned by a friend, will taxi up, I'll hand my Grandad a flying suit and tell him he can go flying. It's taken ages to sort out, and it's finally coming together, I can't belive that my Grandparents still don't know, but god I hope that the next week goes without a hitch.

Zeus-cat
04-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Great idea! I hope everything works out.

blindplayer
04-01-2007, 11:50 AM
That sounds really cool, we have a Chipmunk here at Purdue (University) that they use for one of the flight training courses. Many student pilots are weirded out by the different effects that come from it's left-rotating prop (as opposed to the right-turning props of american aircraft). Anyway, hope he enjoys it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif