PDA

View Full Version : Can't enable subtitles?

nielsvaes
11-10-2004, 09:08 AM
I read the big 35 post thread about the subtitles, but I thought my question didn't really fit in there.
I installed the game, and I started playing, loving every minute of it. But after an hour or so, I wanted to turn on the Dutch subtitles because there were a lot of people talking in the same room as I was playing. The problem is that I couldn't turn them on. I have a dutch version of WinXP Pro, but I installed the game in English. Do I have to reinstall it in Dutch to get the subtitles? Or is there another problem I should look into?

Any help is appreciated.

nielsvaes
11-10-2004, 09:08 AM
I read the big 35 post thread about the subtitles, but I thought my question didn't really fit in there.
I installed the game, and I started playing, loving every minute of it. But after an hour or so, I wanted to turn on the Dutch subtitles because there were a lot of people talking in the same room as I was playing. The problem is that I couldn't turn them on. I have a dutch version of WinXP Pro, but I installed the game in English. Do I have to reinstall it in Dutch to get the subtitles? Or is there another problem I should look into?

Any help is appreciated.

maztec
11-10-2004, 10:47 AM
I believe you have to install it in Dutch to enable the subtitles.. But, I'm not entirely sure they work in Dutch. I tried it once and if I remember right it didn't work....

Let us know if it works? :P

Maz

nielsvaes
11-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Reinstalling it in Dutch seemed to do the trick http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

maztec
11-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Good to hear http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Link_Wizard
11-12-2004, 04:17 AM
Niels

I have the same issue with Dutch subtitles and indeed installed in English so you give a great tip
However, did re-installing mean you have to start the game from scratch again or are your savegames kept ?

I am also scared to re-install as I had quite some issues installing the first time... will have to ponder on this one...
I think the audio english is not always clearly understandable for non-native english speakers and I wounder if I miss out on clues if I don't fully understand the audio excerpts...

L_W

nielsvaes
11-12-2004, 02:46 PM
I kept my savegames folder and reinstalled the game. It didn't give me any problems (I didn't install the patch though).

HOWEVER! The subtitles don't always work. Sometimes they work when you use Yeesha's necklace, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they start to show up after like 2 or 3 sentences.

And also, if you install the dutch version, all the books are in dutch. You can still listen to the english audio, but all the writings are in dutch. The helpsystem and the other menu's are in dutch too.

maztec
11-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Wait.. the Audio is in English, the subtitles are in Dutch, the writing is in Dutch?

That's funny :P