PDA

View Full Version : My second movie is now out.

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 12:42 AM
My second movie is now out. Please excuse the choppiness of the movie, I used FRAPS 2.0 and must say I'm VERY disappointed with it. I have a 2.4GHz, 1GB PC2700 Ram, 7200rpm, GeForce FX5900-128 and should not have had any problems, oh well /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

You can get the movie at
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/flightsims/oberstguncam/Movies/The_Kuban.wmv
I must thank "michapma" for the Generous hosting. S! to you sir/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Dedicated to the bravery of the Russian People who while living under a Tyrant still chose to defend their homeland even when they faced certain death to so.
I promise my next movie will be better/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..
General John Sedgwick's last words spoken while looking over the parapet at enemy lines during the battle of Spotsylvania in 1864

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 12:42 AM
My second movie is now out. Please excuse the choppiness of the movie, I used FRAPS 2.0 and must say I'm VERY disappointed with it. I have a 2.4GHz, 1GB PC2700 Ram, 7200rpm, GeForce FX5900-128 and should not have had any problems, oh well /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

You can get the movie at
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/flightsims/oberstguncam/Movies/The_Kuban.wmv
I must thank "michapma" for the Generous hosting. S! to you sir/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Dedicated to the bravery of the Russian People who while living under a Tyrant still chose to defend their homeland even when they faced certain death to so.
I promise my next movie will be better/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..
General John Sedgwick's last words spoken while looking over the parapet at enemy lines during the battle of Spotsylvania in 1864

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:03 AM
a way around the choppyness is to set the frame capture rate to 15fps.
and when you go to record set the game speed to half(with the timescale keys []).

then in your editing software(i use virtual dub) set the frame rate to 30fps.

it will double the speed back up to normal, and give you perfect 30fps liquid smooth motion

my vid was recorded on my 1.2ghz athlon, 256megs, 5400rpm, radeon9000 doorstop, and it came out fluid as can be.

hope that helps.

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:21 AM
Great movie...ya a tad choppy...maybe bumping down your res would help to(in-game that is :P)

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:41 AM
wow you werent kidding about it being choppy!!

were you running at a high res? were you trying to run at high res then using fraps "half-size" capture?? if so dont! because that could definatly acount for the choppiness, run the game at 640x480, and use normal capture. When you run at a low res, you can crank up the anti-ailiasing, and it still wont tax your system. Running at 1024x768, with aa requires a lot of power allready, add recording huge amounts of data in little time, and youll get choopy video even on a decent system. Since the video output is 640x480 anyway just run the game and record at that.

some ideas to clean it up.

when playing back the tracks keep "messages" off, that will get rid of the track timer, and net lag display from showing up. Try not to use tracks recorded online, there were a couple scenes you could see the aircraft warping or moving funny as they do in replayed online tracks.

that should help the technical side of your video.

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:54 AM
thanks for the info... i was guilty of all the above... thought i could "bull" my way through with my specs...
i will try it all next time... how/where do i turn off messages ? my config.ini has the following
[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.6689453
mapPadY=-0.046875
viewSet=50
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=1
NoChatter=1
NoHudLog=1
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=3
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0

"It is well that war is so terrible, lest we grow too fond of it."
-- Robert E. Lee

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 04:38 AM
Even though a bit choppy, a well done piece!

Although Bon Jovi is not a particular favorite of mine, it worked very well with the movie.
And despite my musical tastes, I thought "Blaze of Glory" was a great choice!

I look forward to your next release!

*****Only left handed people are in their right minds.*****

<center>http://www.ghosts.com/images/05.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Thank you Rexcarrs... i promise that i'm learning from my mistakes, the next WILL be better

-- Robert E. Lee

Message Edited on 08/20/0312:04PM by JRJacobs

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:33 PM
great movie /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

didnt see messages though
if ya mean the spoken ones.... just turn the voice volume knob on mixer /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif under sound setup / general

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 02:13 PM
thanx lil_labbit

Davinci.. said
"when playing back the tracks keep "messages" off, that will get rid of the track timer, and net lag display from showing up."

It's the track timer, and net lag display i'm interested in shutting off so it's not showing

-- Robert E. Lee

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 02:38 PM
JRJacobs wrote:
- thanx lil_labbit
-
- Davinci.. said
- "when playing back the tracks keep "messages" off,
- that will get rid of the track timer, and net lag
- display from showing up."
-
- It's the track timer, and net lag display i'm
- interested in shutting off so it's not showing
-
- "It is well that war is so terrible, lest we grow
- too fond of it."
--- Robert E. Lee
-

yeah its in the track playback options, last of the 4 switches.
loop playback
manual time control
manual view control
* inflight messages*. makse sure this is set to off

i noticed they were off for most of the video, just not when you used tracks from online play. mabey you cant shut them off in tracks from online play. ill go test it now to see.

*ok i just checked, and turning inflight messages off, does turn the track timer off, but still leaves the net lag display on http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif*

so i guess if you use online tracks your gonna get it anyway.

Message Edited on 08/20/0301:44PM by Davinci..

XyZspineZyX
08-21-2003, 12:57 PM
can't host, may as well bump /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

-- Robert E. Lee