PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember Lt. Gottfried Dulias?

PBNA-Boosher
10-07-2004, 07:11 PM
He was present at WW2 Weekend in Reading, PA for the last few years. Well, last night in Nutley, NJ, at the Holy Family Church he gave a lecture on his war experiences and also promoted his new book, Another Bowl of Kapusta. We got to hear his life story, about how he got his 5 kills, and about his spending 3 years in a Russian gulag after the war.

I took notes during this lecture. If anyone would like for me to type up my notes and put them on this forum, I'd be more than happy to. I think the best part, though, will be the fact that I'm gonna get a signed copy of his book, which will be printing in a week or so!

PBNA-Boosher
10-07-2004, 07:11 PM
He was present at WW2 Weekend in Reading, PA for the last few years. Well, last night in Nutley, NJ, at the Holy Family Church he gave a lecture on his war experiences and also promoted his new book, Another Bowl of Kapusta. We got to hear his life story, about how he got his 5 kills, and about his spending 3 years in a Russian gulag after the war.

I took notes during this lecture. If anyone would like for me to type up my notes and put them on this forum, I'd be more than happy to. I think the best part, though, will be the fact that I'm gonna get a signed copy of his book, which will be printing in a week or so!

clint-ruin
10-07-2004, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
I took notes during this lecture. If anyone would like for me to type up my notes and put them on this forum, I'd be more than happy to. I think the best part, though, will be the fact that I'm gonna get a signed copy of his book, which will be printing in a week or so! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure thing, I'd like to read them.

wayno7777
10-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Interesting, I just d/l'd FooBar's skin of his G-10 last night. I'd read them for sure! THX

lil_labbit
10-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Interesting.
But wouldn't we be better off buying the book? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hunde_3.JG51
10-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Met him last year at Reading as well, got my autographed G-14/AS plate. Awhile back I posted his answers to my questions about the 109, which were pretty interesting. Very nice guy with an incredible story, I would really like to see your notes if possible. Thanks.

PBNA-Boosher
10-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Sorry, not up yet, but they will be soon! I've had to deal with some pressing emotional problems lately. That's about as far deep as I'll go into my personal life. I just haven't had much time to type the notes up lately. Don't worry, my next post here will be both a bump and the information.

lil_labbit
10-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Here's some reading anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://www.luftwaffereenactors.org/Dulias.htm

LStarosta
10-08-2004, 08:58 PM
I like kapusta. Especially with corned beef. It's not bad stuffed, either. You should try it.