PDA

View Full Version : Complaints

Nocturnalverse
11-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Intuitive camera is still terrible. How about this: Let me control the camera and stop moving it for me when I'm fighting.

There's nothing more annoying than the awkward forced camera angles in the platforming puzzles. I'll be bouncing along, about to jump to that wall over there, and BAM the camera shifts at the worst possible moment and I fall all the way down and have to start over. So chaining jumps and other bad-*** acrobatic maneuvers are out of the question because I never know when I'm going to get porked by the camera.

How many mini cutscenes does one game need? It seems like just as I'm getting drawn in to whatever mission I'm "treated" to a teeny tiny cutscene that often ends up with me being teleported somewhere else. Stop with the cut scenes. Remember when AC had spoken dialog and you still could control Altair/Ezio? More of that please.

In AC Brotherhood its far too easy sometimes to desync because of distance to a target. Longer distance allowance please.

Stop railroading me on missions. In AC 2 I felt like I could decide how and when to kill my target. In brotherhood I'm forced into a specific path to achieve 100% sync. In the other two games whatever you chose to do was 100% sync because you were remembering events as they happened. Now all of a sudden that's not the case? It doesn't fit the story and it's just one more thing that breaks the immersion.

Work on your mission design because I desync much more in Brotherhood than I did in AC2, and it's because of being confused as to what the hell I need to be doing the INSTANT one of those teeny cutscenes is over.

I honestly feel like I'll enjoy the game more on my second play through because I won't have any idiosyncratic surprises blindsiding me in every mission.

Piflik
11-21-2010, 07:11 AM
I really agree on the camera angles and cutscenes...the camera is anoying at climb-passages, the most evil incarnation I encountered in the case sequence on the Aqueducts secret location...and everytime I do an execution in fight I lose the overview and subsequently miss a guard attacking me...

Spoiler following...

One cutscene annoyed the hell out of me...where you need to kill the Banker...I climbed the cathedral to be close to the bench he is walking by after Cesare's speech, but I ended up standing on the other side of the palazzo...argh...

superbalex
11-21-2010, 07:35 AM
indeed the camera angels suck very much... but the cutscenes kinda just make the whole thing seem more realistic in a way, since the characters can do emotions that the player can't do.
and the complaint about 100% sync.. sounds like you haven't got the point of 100% sync.. if you do 100% sync you just do it the way ezio ACTUALLY did it.. instead of doing it the way you feel best.. also restricts you from replacing your hidden blade with crossbow entirely..
so no it doesn't ruin the story at all.. it makes the story more accurate..

Piflik
11-21-2010, 08:07 AM
I don't complain about the existence of cutscenes, but the game not remembering where I was standing when the cutscene started and teleporting me where the game thinks I should be standing...that is annoying as hell...

Nocturnalverse
11-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't even like using the crossbow, but I find myself being practically forced to use it b/c 9 times out of 10 its the safest option to avoid DESYNCING over some guard barely seeing you before he dies.

Maybe I'm expecting to much but having a series of pop-up windows walk me through each mission isn't much fun to me. Desyncing every couple of minutes because of something silly isn't fun. They are using it as a crutch now as far as I'm concerned. "Don't interact with the gondola or you will desync?" REALLY? Not just in that mission, but if I get to far ahead I desync, I get too far behind I desync. And it doesn't take much distance either. I don't even have time to stop and call my horse if I'm "following" someone on a horse. I just run along behind the guy full blast feeling like an idiot for not having a horse.

In AC 1 I remember playing missions over and over just for the hell of it to get the slick kill that I wanted. Now I have been reduced to watching my assassin's do most of the work and doing exactly what you said with the crossbow just to make sure I don't desync and get FORCED to replay the mission.

In my opinion:
Rank 1 AC 2
Rank 2 AC 1
Rank 3 AC Brotherhood

Other questions:

Why did the "culture" of the Assassin's have to be all but wiped out. AC 1 gave you white feathers to smear with the victims blood. Stuff like that was awesome. Now it seems like most missions are carrying crates, or following someone around slaughtering guards instead of killing important figures to bring about liberty. Sure there's a little ceremony here and there but they don't really delve any deeper. Anyway the whole bloody game just seems dumbed down and it annoys me.

As of now I just find myself thinking: The game is OK i guess, there's a couple new cool things but there's a whole lot of annoying crap too.

tyrce111
11-22-2010, 06:36 AM
The one thing that just RUINS the games is when you start a mission that is time based or very important and every thing is completly white for 20 seconds and I cant see whats happening!!!

RLsince88
11-22-2010, 06:57 AM
They should have added more rewards and incentive for the large amount of crap like Borgia Flags and treasures that can be collected.

One thing that annoys me the most though..

Why cant horses jump down small ledges?!!! like seriously.. even a sidewalk curb sized ledge the horse wont jump, i remember running out of time during missions and not being able to outrun some guards because of this!

dirty_danty
11-22-2010, 07:10 AM
i beat the game without using the crossbow, i didn't even buy it till after i finished the story and i really wished i had it during story it would have made it a lot easier

clel0005
11-24-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm only on Sequence 2 right now and my biggest complaint is that all of these Borgia towers and viewpoints are showing up on the map that I run straight for because that's what I always do in AC before I start missions. I go get the viewpoints so when I'm doing missions I can see where the heck I am on the map. Well, I run up to all these viewpoints and towers only to find that they're behind a damn resticted zone ... WTF UBI!?!?! Now I just wasted 2 min checking every tower and viewpoint to see if I can even get to it. LAMESAUCE!!

Wind91
11-24-2010, 08:38 PM
camera angles, targeting system are my top 2.

It's not a complaint yet but...AC 3 better have new and improved graphics cuz Brotherhood was showing age to be honest. Especially when you have games like inFAMOUS 2 coming out - sets a new benchmark for open world games.

LadyGahan2010
11-24-2010, 08:45 PM
I learned to appreciate camera angles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif so my biggest complaint is the not so cool rewards for collecting Borgia flags and feathers, and well, yes, Leonardo is very disappointing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif