PDA

View Full Version : FRAGMENTED FILES

Th1ngr1z
07-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I have recently installed IL2+AEP+PF in that order with the correct patches. I know the patches are right because I did it wrong the first time. I'm not only a NOOBE game player but got my first computer for X-mas. So be gentle as I learn. I have defragged often as I was warned to do after installs and uninstalls. I get this message for files that won,t defrag \WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log. When I click on it I get a whole bunch of files from IL2 Forgotton Battles. Also a warning that if these are files that I often use they could cause significant performance problems. Can any one help me please......Also I tried a defrag program not onboard to no avail. Do I have a significant problem here? I do notice micro-stutters at times. I LOVE this game!

Th1ngr1z
07-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I have recently installed IL2+AEP+PF in that order with the correct patches. I know the patches are right because I did it wrong the first time. I'm not only a NOOBE game player but got my first computer for X-mas. So be gentle as I learn. I have defragged often as I was warned to do after installs and uninstalls. I get this message for files that won,t defrag \WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log. When I click on it I get a whole bunch of files from IL2 Forgotton Battles. Also a warning that if these are files that I often use they could cause significant performance problems. Can any one help me please......Also I tried a defrag program not onboard to no avail. Do I have a significant problem here? I do notice micro-stutters at times. I LOVE this game!

Th1ngr1z
07-29-2005, 11:25 AM
I think I may have found the problem. I have IL2 files in two folders- UbiSoft and ubi.com. I still don't kkkknow how to ffffix it though. Any help greatly appreciated. This is just such a monster game that any performance glitches are unacceptable..... THANX THINGRIZ

x6BL_Brando
07-29-2005, 12:10 PM
The UbiSoft folder and the UbiCom folders hold different info. UbiCom involves online play & UbiSoft the actual game.

Post your problems and requests for info in the Community Help forum, which is more geared up to help you.