PDA

View Full Version : New and official video about the Assassin's Creed Universe.

VictorAviram123
08-10-2011, 10:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...SVaMAg&feature=feedu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVoVHSVaMAg&feature=feedu)
You can also see a new angles of the E3 gameplay of AC:R.

twenty_glyphs
08-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I like that it confirms the strategy guide is going to be from Piggyback again. I loved the last 2 guides.

VictorAviram123
08-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I like that it confirms the strategy guide is going to be from Piggyback again. I loved the last 2 guides.
I loved them too so I'll probably get this one too.

BioPulse.ps3
08-10-2011, 10:52 AM
is Aquilus, the comic book announced at this year's comic con and where exactly is lugdunum? (258)

Turkiye96
08-10-2011, 12:39 PM
that wasn't even a good clip, it just showed the franchis' product with some cheap 10 second dialog. thanks for the find anyway

Subject_4
08-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Chances are you could have googled that in about 4 seconds, but it is the Latin name for Lyon, France, during the Roman empire.

Subject 4

kriegerdesgottes
08-10-2011, 01:23 PM
This is the trailer they showed at the end of comic con and does anyone else wonder why we haven't seen one shred of SP gameplay in over two months? Embers doesn't count since it's not gameplay. I know gamescom is coming but shouldn't we be seeing something about an American CE or a developer diary by now that isn't a bunch of boring pointless MP interviews?

ShaneO7K
08-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
This is the trailer they showed at the end of comic con and does anyone else wonder why we haven't seen one shred of SP gameplay in over two months? Embers doesn't count since it's not gameplay. I know gamescom is coming but shouldn't we be seeing something about an American CE or a developer diary by now that isn't a bunch of boring pointless MP interviews? From Gamescom to release is usually when SP trailers come flooding in along with developer diaries.

They've always kept SP news back for a while.

twenty_glyphs
08-10-2011, 03:14 PM
This is the trailer they showed at the end of comic con and does anyone else wonder why we haven't seen one shred of SP gameplay in over two months? Embers doesn't count since it's not gameplay. I know gamescom is coming but shouldn't we be seeing something about an American CE or a developer diary by now that isn't a bunch of boring pointless MP interviews?

Yeah, it is getting annoying that they haven't even released as much as one new single-player screenshot since E3, let alone some gameplay footage. The multiplayer stuff last week was okay, but I'm primarily interested in the single-player. I went back and checked, and it looks like last year the first developer diary came out right about now, on August 11, a week before GamesCom. I was hoping one would come out this week.

At the very least, GamesCom starts in one week and should start to open up the floodgates for information on the game. I do believe that last year was the same with Brotherhood, with very little coming out between E3 and GamesCom. I wasn't following Brotherhood during the summer like this year, but when GamesCom came along last year I started following info and there was a good flow of new videos and previews that kept coming over the next 2.5 months. I don't think they're trying to hide anything, they've just decided to hold back on stuff until it's in a good state and release everything on a schedule starting next week (hopefully).

acjake
08-10-2011, 03:39 PM

I thought I was the only one that found those pointless MP interviews boring. Need more SP gameplay.

reini03
08-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Am I the only one that thinks it's interesting how the picture of Adam and Eve shows 1672 BCE?!

LightRey
08-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Am I the only one that thinks it's interesting how the picture of Adam and Eve shows 1672 BCE?!
Well, it's a little surprising, considering it's not a prehistoric date, but it still makes sense.

EmmaBemma
08-11-2011, 10:01 AM
I am surprised, yes. It's certainly much later than I'd have guessed.

twenty_glyphs
08-11-2011, 11:15 AM

It's interesting, but I don't think that date lines up exactly with the picture of Adam and Eve. The dates on the DNA timeline look like guideposts and have little lines pointing to the DNA timeline, The numbers also change as the camera zooms forward. The pictures of different events sort of unfold/pop out of the timeline at various points around those dates shown on the timeline, but I doubt they're very precisely placed.

Just before the picture of Adam and Eve pops out, you see a number pointing to the timeline that says "7500 BCE". Their picture pops out a good distance after that number, and while it's still up the camera continues to zoom along the DNA timeline, and then you see the date "1700 BCE" with a line pointing to the timeline. As the camera continues to zoom, the 1700 changes to the 1672 you saw. But you see this through the partially transparent picture of Adam and Eve, so it appears that their event happens before the 1700 BCE marker.

My bet is that it happens around 3000-4000 BCE. Following the genealogies in the Bible gives you a date somewhere around 4000 BCE for Adam and Eve. The Mayan calendar is currently in the 13th baktun, which will end on December 21, 2012 -- a date of "13.0.0.0.0" on the Mayan calendar (this date was on the wall at Abstergo). The start of the Mayan calendar at "0.0.0.0.0" was on August 11, 3114 BCE. I have a feeling Adam and Eve lived around that time, if not the very day the event in the Truth happened.

LightRey
08-11-2011, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

It's interesting, but I don't think that date lines up exactly with the picture of Adam and Eve. The dates on the DNA timeline look like guideposts and have little lines pointing to the DNA timeline, The numbers also change as the camera zooms forward. The pictures of different events sort of unfold/pop out of the timeline at various points around those dates shown on the timeline, but I doubt they're very precisely placed.

Just before the picture of Adam and Eve pops out, you see a number pointing to the timeline that says "7500 BCE". Their picture pops out a good distance after that number, and while it's still up the camera continues to zoom along the DNA timeline, and then you see the date "1700 BCE" with a line pointing to the timeline. As the camera continues to zoom, the 1700 changes to the 1672 you saw. But you see this through the partially transparent picture of Adam and Eve, so it appears that their event happens before the 1700 BCE marker.

My bet is that it happens around 3000-4000 BCE. Following the genealogies in the Bible gives you a date somewhere around 4000 BCE for Adam and Eve. The Mayan calendar is currently in the 13th baktun, which will end on December 21, 2012 -- a date of "13.0.0.0.0" on the Mayan calendar (this date was on the wall at Abstergo). The start of the Mayan calendar at "0.0.0.0.0" was on August 11, 3114 BCE. I have a feeling Adam and Eve lived around that time, if not the very day the event in the Truth happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That does make much more sense. Especially considering that in the "The Truth" video they appeared to be near Mt. Kilimanjaro.

twenty_glyphs
08-11-2011, 05:01 PM
It's also cool that during the 1400-1500 CE dates on the timeline, they show a photograph of Machu Picchu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machu_Picchu), an Incan settlement in the mountains of Peru that was built during the 1400s. One of the glyphs is more than likely a drawing of this exact location. There's supposed to be a few alien theories about that site, and the Nazca lines aren't far away either. Three of the other glyphs are the Nazca lines. I wonder what they have planned for this site.

Keith.El
08-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Good video. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AntiChrist7
08-13-2011, 10:40 AM
anyone noticed how Project Legacy isnt mentioned?

Chamboozer
08-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by BioPulse.ps3:
is Aquilus, the comic book announced at this year's comic con and where exactly is lugdunum? (258)

Roman city in southern France, at the time it (Gaul) had broken away from the Roman Empire and become temporarily independant.

Subject_4
08-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:

Why would they mention something they do not make money from? Anyways there is a poster for it near the end, flashes by fairly quickly though.

Subject 4

twenty_glyphs
08-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:

Tons of the images shown coming out of the timeline are paintings from Project Legacy memories. I also think it was hard for them to fit it in anywhere, since each main entry was called out by where its historical story took place in time. Project Legacy's stories are from several points in history, so it didn't really fit anywhere.

NewBlade200
08-14-2011, 05:43 PM
This is the trailer they showed at the end of comic con and does anyone else wonder why we haven't seen one shred of SP gameplay in over two months? Embers doesn't count since it's not gameplay. I know gamescom is coming but shouldn't we be seeing something about an American CE or a developer diary by now that isn't a bunch of boring pointless MP interviews? A large amount of games have a MP focus and make a significant profit. ACB had MP and has a larger profit than previous ACs. A business man sees the pattern and emphasizes the MP focus. It could be explained some other way but this is the most likely.
I would like to see some SP as well though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Subject_4
08-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Maybe I am misinterpreting what you are saying but E3 had a play through of the single player campaign http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0nRRFLJ5k

dxsxhxcx
08-14-2011, 06:20 PM
I would like to see a SP video showing how the Altair parts will be, can't wait to play as him again... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
08-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
I would like to see a SP video showing how the Altair parts will be, can't wait to play as him again... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Well those parts are probably going to contain the most revealing information, so there's a good chance they couldn't show anything even if they wanted to.

dxsxhxcx
08-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Well those parts are probably going to contain the most revealing information, so there's a good chance they couldn't show anything even if they wanted to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I know, but maybe just a little of the gameplay, without showing us an important cutscene...

NewBlade200
08-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Well those parts are probably going to contain the most revealing information, so there's a good chance they couldn't show anything even if they wanted to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I know, but maybe just a little of the gameplay, without showing us an important cutscene... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LightRey is right. The Altair sections will probably be too story orientated to show without spoiler. They also wouldn't have as many explosions as Ezio's time.

LightRey
08-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

yeah I know, but maybe just a little of the gameplay, without showing us an important cutscene... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LightRey is right. The Altair sections will probably be too story orientated to show without spoiler. They also wouldn't have as many explosions as Ezio's time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I suspect merely seeing where he is could be a spoiler.

twenty_glyphs
08-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Yes, they showed the singleplayer walkthrough at E3, but that has been all they've shown for over 2 months now. They haven't even shown a new singleplayer screenshot since then. I expect them to show a nice walkthrough this week at Gamescom. Last year at E3 they showed the big explosion-filled sequence of the siege of Monterrigioni and then showed some open world gameplay and a Borgia Tower mission at Gamescom. I think they just like to show dramatic moments at E3 (AC2 at E3 showed the flying machine sequence), and the rest of the time they show other parts that are representative of the rest of the game.

I don't think there's really anything stopping them from showing a little Alta´r gameplay because of this. If the first memory is from his late teens or early twenties, it's likely that there's no huge story revelation there and they could at least show us some of the gameplay from that sequence. But right now what I really want to see is more of Constantinople and a lot more use of the hook blade for climbing and using ziplines.

LightRey
08-15-2011, 06:13 AM
Yes, they showed the singleplayer walkthrough at E3, but that has been all they've shown for over 2 months now. They haven't even shown a new singleplayer screenshot since then. I expect them to show a nice walkthrough this week at Gamescom. Last year at E3 they showed the big explosion-filled sequence of the siege of Monterrigioni and then showed some open world gameplay and a Borgia Tower mission at Gamescom. I think they just like to show dramatic moments at E3 (AC2 at E3 showed the flying machine sequence), and the rest of the time they show other parts that are representative of the rest of the game.

I don't think there's really anything stopping them from showing a little Alta´r gameplay because of this. If the first memory is from his late teens or early twenties, it's likely that there's no huge story revelation there and they could at least show us some of the gameplay from that sequence. But right now what I really want to see is more of Constantinople and a lot more use of the hook blade for climbing and using ziplines.
It's not like they're going to be random memories like the Christina memories. They're going to be part of something big. Ezio isn't going on this quest for no reason and the game isn't called Assassin's Creed: Revelations for no reason either.

NewBlade200
08-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

It's not like they're going to be random memories like the Christina memories. They're going to be part of something big. Ezio isn't going on this quest for no reason and the game isn't called Assassin's Creed: Revelations for no reason either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Again, LightRey is right. The fact that there is only 5 means that they will have to stuff as much things of importance into each. After all, why have 5 seals when only 1 or 2 are important? Preferably, they have higher degrees of revelations with each seal until the very end reveal which will obviously be a gut wrenching twist.
This will hopefully be the case, as answering a large amount of questions on the AC Universe (as has been promised) would take up a large portion of the game, and answering these at the last second would be quite disappointing. If they pull off the story right than they can't show any Altair without giving away some sort of spoiler, or a piece of a crucial puzzle.

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Didn't UbiGabe say that there was going to be Altiar gameplay a couple months after E3? I'm betting on gamescom or PAX. Those are big gaming conventions.

This video was likely filler so that the fans couldn't say they didn't get anything new.