PDA

View Full Version : forum app

afrothunder520
11-06-2010, 09:08 PM
I think that this forum should be an app. it could just be the forum converted to something easy too use if you don't want to be on a computer or if your out and near wifi

AnthonyA85
11-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Wait a minute....

You want this forum to be converted into some kind of app for offline usage or something?

I seriously doubt it'd happen.

magesupermaster
11-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Are there any forums that are 'apps'? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

MCB280
11-07-2010, 12:01 AM
i dont think this is possible to get a forum into an app you could not use it where there is no internet access so no and i dont have an i phone or pod

tyrce111
11-07-2010, 02:30 AM
I think he means an app that you can use with a wi-fi connection because when I'm on my Ipod browsing around the forums it can sometimes be annoying if you accidentaly press a thread that you do not want to view because it would take to long to load or you wanted to see a different thread...

I would love to have an app like this because normaly app browsers are faster than safari browsers on Ipods and would make my life alot easier...

afrothunder520
11-07-2010, 10:01 AM
exactly

NuclearFuss
11-07-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm all for an app, as long as Android gets it as well.

Mr_Shade
11-07-2010, 10:36 AM
If you have an iphone.. the forums work fine on Safari... infact it works perfectly - I have even banned people on my phone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

On wi-fi or even 3g the site loads fast enough for me?

There's no real need for an app - if it's working.. and the app would still need to contact the forum server, which is normally where the slow loading times are..

Also I don't fancy the extra work trying to correct peoples bad typing :P

EmperorxZurg
11-07-2010, 10:53 AM
I go on the forum sometimes with my droid, but it usually loads too slow and it ALWAYS redirects me to sign in even when I already am :/ so a Droid app might help, no rush though

magesupermaster
11-07-2010, 10:55 AM
I can go on the forums with my PSP and PS3 but I prefer doing so from the PC.

Mr_Shade
11-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
I can go on the forums with my PSP and PS3 but I prefer doing so from the PC. PC will always be best...

Means I can have multiple windows open of AWESOMESAUCE

EmperorxZurg
11-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Mac FTW :P I gots me all my awesomesauce applications (all assassin's creed themed of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

SlimeDynamiteD
11-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:
I can go on the forums with my PSP and PS3 but I prefer doing so from the PC. PC will always be best...

Means I can have multiple windows open of AWESOMESAUCE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But still, it's a good idea.

bmic31
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:

Means I can have multiple windows open of AWESOMESAUCE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like multiple windows of banhammerness! ha.

I have the original droid and I haven't even tried this on my phone. When it opens a window for a reply I can just see my phone trudging through it barely making it lol. Oh well, gives us something to look forward to when we get home to our PCs!