PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Ezio....{SPOILER}

ThEtRuTh_155
01-01-2010, 04:48 PM
say he thinks he was above killing Borgia? What does he mean? And he says he won't rest until every Templar has fallen to his blade, yet spares Borgia. Talk To Marco in that position where everything goes white and he talks to his targets before finishing them, yet he doesn't get close to Marco. He shoots the man from afar, but he kneels over him seconds later. And Lastly He Says Rest In Peace to The Spainard although he doesnt kill him.

GariStz
01-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Historical facts. Rodrigo Borgia (or Pope Alexander IV) died in 1503 - in that sequence of the game, you are in 1499.

Ezio says "Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito. Requiescat in pace" just to look badass.

Marco...the white room (or "the Animus room" I don't know...) is not a part from the history events. Even before Ezio stab his target in the neck with the blade, somehow he stays alive to "talk about important things" and then dies. So, the Animus room is like "what happened after that". And everything there is possible. So, instead after Ezio shoots Marco, it play a 3 hours cut-scene how Ezio walk around, find a way to get on the boat, and then FINALLY he talks to him, it just goes to the white room and skips all that. I'm not sure if I explained it correctly, but I sure know for myself how the Animus's white room works. Same with AC1...

Jack-Reacher
01-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I understand that Borgia died later on irl, but why did they make that time 1499? That cant be the only reason why they didnt kill him off, otherwise they could have just changed the date to the same time

ThEtRuTh_155
01-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Well they couldn't kill him off because he actually was pope. This would cause some problems with the roman catcholic church. But i was just wondering about how the animus room works. did ezio and Altair actually talk to their victims before assassinations? And why do the guards just stand there then, waiting for them to finish chatting?:|

Torgog
01-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Didn't you pickpocket these guys? I sure wouldn't guard these guy that well for a couple of coins...lol

Originally posted by ThEtRuTh_155:
Well they couldn't kill him off because he actually was pope. This would cause some problems with the roman catcholic church. But i was just wondering about how the animus room works. did ezio and Altair actually talk to their victims before assassinations? And why do the guards just stand there then, waiting for them to finish chatting?:|

ThEtRuTh_155
01-02-2010, 10:22 AM
lol well they would get screwed cuz they would have a bad reputation. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE EZIO KILLS SO MANY GUARDS :|

Runaque
01-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
I understand that Borgia died later on irl, but why did they make that time 1499? That cant be the only reason why they didnt kill him off, otherwise they could have just changed the date to the same time

Well, they couldn't let him be killed by Ezio because Rodrigo Borgia died on 18 augustus 1503 by poison. It's not clear if it was murder or that he was accidentally poisoned, but the way he ruled as a pope, I bet it was a combination of both. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif