PDA

View Full Version : Vote to kick

Comixfan
11-28-2010, 06:13 AM
Just like in Red Dead Redemption, this game seriously needs a "vote to kick" option, whereby players in a match can vote to kick another player out of the game, and if the majority agrees, out they go!

This would help a lot of the waiting time for getting into games (those people that take seemingly forever to choose a character/profile set) or to get rid of the more annoying roofers/runners.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-28-2010, 06:19 AM
Bad idea. We have no right to tell people how they should/shouldn't play. Plus if you boot too many people it would terminate the session.

Comixfan
11-28-2010, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
Bad idea. We have no right to tell people how they should/shouldn't play. Plus if you boot too many people it would terminate the session.

Well it wouldn't be up to individuals. It'd need a majority vote to kick someone.

It works quite well in Red Dead Redemption, though granted there's usually more players in a single session of that than there is here.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-28-2010, 06:27 AM
There's no real way to grief in this game so I really don't see the point.

fastfast
11-28-2010, 07:06 AM
NO NO NO NO NO

just because someone wants a perfect session and to boot players cos they run on roofs or fool about does not mean you can boot them, you can either:

1. Live with it everyone paid 40 for the game
2. Leave the session and join another
3. dont go online when the annoying brats are on

Rainie
11-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by fastfast1969:
NO NO NO NO NO

just because someone wants a perfect session and to boot players cos they run on roofs or fool about does not mean you can boot them, you can either:

1. Live with it everyone paid 40 for the game
2. Leave the session and join another
3. dont go online when the annoying brats are on

I second this

Pryorhouse
11-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
There's no real way to grief in this game so I really don't see the point.

This is true. Runners and roofers play that way because they like to. It may be annoying, but it's a play style.

ninja_7_7
11-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Comixfan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:

Well it wouldn't be up to individuals. It'd need a majority vote to kick someone.

It works quite well in Red Dead Redemption, though granted there's usually more players in a single session of that than there is here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The majority isnt always right. What happens if the majority is runners and they want to kick you because you are beating them.

Comixfan
11-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
The majority isnt always right. What happens if the majority is runners and they want to kick you because you are beating them.

Well it should be a vote in the pre-game lobby, not during the game itself. And if the majority were runners and wanted to kick me, then fine, I'll go find another game because, frankly, runners annoy the hell out of me :P

Blynk93
11-29-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Comixfan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninja_7_7:

Well it should be a vote in the pre-game lobby, not during the game itself. And if the majority were runners and wanted to kick me, then fine, I'll go find another game because, frankly, runners annoy the hell out of me :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they annoy you, then leave. No need for a kick.

krudolph
11-29-2010, 08:05 AM
I found myself wanting this a number of times over the weekend. Not because of what people were doing - if they're playing, that's all I care about. There were a number of Manhunt games where one player would just walk away from their console but not leave the session. So for 4 or 5 games in a row, he had 0 kills and 10 deaths and scored 0 points. That's just dragging down his team. We should be allowed to at least kick players like that.

Neocrasyd
11-29-2010, 10:49 AM
i agree with krudolph, away player should be kicked, or at least they will be kicked after 1 or 2 minutes of nactivity in the game

witchlordsameus
11-29-2010, 11:27 AM
the problem with having a vote kick system is you will have players that will just boot players that are scoring higher than them or players that kill/stun them a few times. Kick systems are highly abuseable.

However that said, there does need to be some kind of better counter measures to deal with glitchers/lag switchers that are beginning to crop up, ran into a lag switcher last night and the only thing i could do was drop the game if i wanted to avoid him, but that same lag switcher will go onto another game and there's always chance I'll run into them again.

Since the host match making is done through the ubisoft server, could we possibly have a Report Player function built in to better counteract those that choose to play by unfair means?