PDA

View Full Version : 4.09 Beta available at Mission4Today

MaxMhz
12-27-2007, 12:55 PM
4.09 beta on Mission4Today (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3199)
Don't forget to d/l this one first, then d/l and install the beta skin pack (blue link on the page)
d/l times about 15-20 minutes each; 255.34 MB for the map file (first), 236.97MB for the skins
The beta skin pack holds 3do20.SFS also. Install both files before rnning the game. Just unzip to the main game folder overwriting old files.

VMF-214_HaVoK
12-27-2007, 01:53 PM
BUMP!

Always excellent speeds from M4T. Thanks Max!

S!

woofiedog
12-27-2007, 02:11 PM
M4T made life a lot more easy for the downloading of these two patches.

Thank's to all at M4T that made this possible! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

LEBillfish
12-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Not seeing the skins one, it has no mirror link past filefront that I can find.

JG52Uther
12-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Billfish does this one not work for you?:
http://hosted.filefront.com/MaXMhZ/

It is a slow download.

LEBillfish
12-27-2007, 03:36 PM
that one does, thanks....

blairgowrie
12-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Very fast download. Deserves a bump.

noobisoft
08-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Hello Gentlemen,

I apologize in advance for the noobish questions, but could you please tell me how to install the 4.09 beta patch? I've downloaded the patch and skins files but didn't see any installers in them. I infer from the above post that I simply take the contents of the zip files, find the files by the same name(?) in the appropriate directory on my XP system and overwrite them. Is that it? Are the files to be overwritten all in the same folder, or are they in several? I will back up the original files before overwriting them just in case, but will my existing pilot careers be unaffected by the patch upgrade? Thank you for any information you may share.

Cheers

Endy1
08-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi noobisoft,

I do believe that you can install the patch as you said. Although, I do seem to think I unziped mine [with folders on], straight to the 1946 main folder.

If you have room on your h/d make another install, just in case!

WTE_Galway
08-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by noobisoft:
Hello Gentlemen,

I apologize in advance for the noobish questions, but could you please tell me how to install the 4.09 beta patch? I've downloaded the patch and skins files but didn't see any installers in them. I infer from the above post that I simply take the contents of the zip files, find the files by the same name(?) in the appropriate directory on my XP system and overwrite them. Is that it? Are the files to be overwritten all in the same folder, or are they in several? I will back up the original files before overwriting them just in case, but will my existing pilot careers be unaffected by the patch upgrade? Thank you for any information you may share.

Cheers

Thats pretty much it.

One proviso ... the sound dll's in this version do not work with very early Athlon processors. If you use an Athlon and the game does not load after installing the mods replace the sound dll with your backup copy.