PDA

View Full Version : Missing Finger Discussion! *spoiler*

xxxBlackout
11-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Well if any of you noticed. Altiar was missing his ring finger, and at the end of the game they show you that Lucy is also missing her ring finger on the same hand.

Theories anyone?

Im not really sure, but I think Lucy is just like Miles (sry, I forgot his first name) I bet her family was/is part of the brotherhood also and thats why she's trying to help him out.

colt122
11-22-2007, 12:02 AM
PLZ!!!! PUT A SPOILER TAG IN MAN!!!

cooldude6681
11-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Wait, is that what we were supposed to be looking at? I thought she was pointing at her lanyard which looks like the top part of the Assassins' symbol, but upside down.

Anyways, you'll also notice that when Lucy and ...what's-his-name-*******-doctor... are walking away, Lucy is glowing blue indicating that she's an ally.

Something else I noticed...Altaïr is the only assassin in Masyaf who's missing a finger.

xxxBlackout
11-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by cooldude6681:
Wait, is that what we were supposed to be looking at? I thought she was pointing at her lanyard which looks like the top part of the Assassins' symbol, but upside down.

Anyways, you'll also notice that when Lucy and ...what's-his-name-*******-doctor... are walking away, Lucy is glowing blue indicating that she's an ally.

Something else I noticed...Altaïr is the only assassin in Masyaf who's missing a finger.

well if altair is the only one, maybe lucy is his sister? lol idk it kinda makes sence if you think about it, but miles has all his fingers.

and sooo sorry to colt 122 i totally forgot the spoiler alert

MiniAssasin
11-22-2007, 12:15 AM
seeing as she has all her fingers all the time except then i just assumed she bent her fingr to tell altai in a silent to avoid the camera way that she is an ally and a fellow assassin

auntsoesa
11-22-2007, 08:39 AM
i missed that part when you see lucy is misssing an finger. i guess i have to play the game againhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

AirRon_2K7
11-22-2007, 08:53 AM
ol idk it kinda makes sence if you think about it,

Uh huh, 'cos siblings ARE usually born 900 years apart >_>

Am I the only one who watched the interview where Jade said that Alty lost his finger in an early assassination, where they were attacking a king of sorts... I'll dig it up at some point.

unnamedninja
11-22-2007, 09:31 AM
AirRon why don't you try reading properly.

AirRon_2K7
11-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by unnamedninja:
AirRon why don't you try reading properly.

Errr...

well if altair is the only one, maybe lucy is his sister?

THEN s/he adds:

but miles has all his fingers.

From whatever way you look at it, it reads like s/he was talking about an Altair - Lucy relation... then saying how Des has all his fingers... Unless you read it backwards, 'cos that makes sense.

unnamedninja
11-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I actually read the post of the guy who he was talking to, so it made sense to me.

AirRon_2K7
11-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Yeah, well it still doesn't make sense to me, but let's leave it there, shall we? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

ReaZeN2005
11-22-2007, 10:17 AM
the doctor's name is (Kinda spoilerhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <span class="ev_code_WHITE">vidic</span>.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif if you wondered..

How i know: (Kinda spoiler) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">go on his computer.. And you will see it says: "Welcome Vidic"..</span>

THETRUEALTAIR
11-22-2007, 10:51 AM
for those of you saying that they are related, a bit of information. Just because digits are cut off, it doesn't mean that their children will be missing that finger. Case in point, war veterans with missing limbs have full sized babies. i mean WTF?

************SPOILER*************

Anyway they are simply showing that Lucy is with the assassins, and if you read the ?? email then you know what i am talking about.

Phreaky_McGeek
11-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ReaZeN2005:
the doctor's name is (Kinda spoilerhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <span class="ev_code_WHITE">vidic</span>.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif if you wondered..

How i know: (Kinda spoiler) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">go on his computer.. And you will see it says: "Welcome Vidic"..</span>
And the fact that "Vidic - " is written at least a dozen times in the manual, the nametag that reads "Warren Vidic" and the fact that Lucy/Desmond refer to him as "Warren" or "Vidic" doesn't give it away at all!

Thanks for the tipoff about Lucy's missing finger, I completely missed that.

xxxBlackout
11-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ol idk it kinda makes sence if you think about it,

Uh huh, 'cos siblings ARE usually born 900 years apart >_>

Am I the only one who watched the interview where Jade said that Alty lost his finger in an early assassination, where they were attacking a king of sorts... I'll dig it up at some point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No no, i meant that lucy and miles might be sybolings.

but on another note: why would lucy and altair both be missing a finger? they dont seem to have any connection between the two of them.

and if alty lost his finger in an assasination axcident then why is lucy missing one. it just dosnt make any sense

AirRon_2K7
11-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't think she is missing one. I think she was holding it back... but at the time I didn't even notice that. I thought she was pointing at something around her neck...

devilinblue22
11-22-2007, 01:45 PM
did anyone see the jade raymond interveiw that said the taking of the ringfinger to use the hidden blade is an initiation right to the assasins comeon guys its right on the how to bee an assasin section of the assasins creed front page

joshuagiraffe
11-22-2007, 01:51 PM
I beat the entire game and lucy doesnt say anything about how shes an assassin except there were clues in the e-mail. Also i didnt see anything about her finger missing.

Artist Deidara
11-22-2007, 01:52 PM
think its for there blade, to punch with the blade insetad of pushing and makes it more easy to have a knife insetad to pull out a sword.

other reason cuze of there believe of soemthing but then again no1 else ahs it in teh village ure from (other weirdos in same suit)

danceforpants
11-22-2007, 04:10 PM
has any one tried putting all the cap letters in the ?? email together to see if it spells any thing? since the caps seem in random places.

xxxBlackout
11-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by devilinblue22:
did anyone see the jade raymond interveiw that said the taking of the ringfinger to use the hidden blade is an initiation right to the assasins comeon guys its right on the how to bee an assasin section of the assasins creed front page

so that pretty much means lucy IS an assasian, and that explains why miles still has all his fingers, (since his family is in the brotherhood),because he ran away from his home and became a normal person

deryell
11-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Here it goes guys.

To join the brotherhood, the assassin's had to sacrifice their ring finger to show their sign of loyalty to the clan. Having that done, they equip each assassin with the hidden blade.

Lucy and Desmond are NOT siblings, but they ARE part of the brotherhood. Both Desmond and Lucy have all fingers attached, Lucy only bent her ring finger in symbolism to show that she's in the brotherhood and told him to KEEP THE FAITH.

Hope this has cleared a couple things with you guys.

maddog111
11-23-2007, 01:36 AM
maybe Altair Slept With Lucy's mom million years ago?

Skaevola
11-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by deryell:
Here it goes guys.

To join the brotherhood, the assassin's had to sacrifice their ring finger to show their sign of loyalty to the clan. Having that done, they equip each assassin with the hidden blade.

Lucy and Desmond are NOT siblings, but they ARE part of the brotherhood. Both Desmond and Lucy have all fingers attached, Lucy only bent her ring finger in symbolism to show that she's in the brotherhood and told him to KEEP THE FAITH.

Well then how come when Altair lost his rank as Master Assassin he had his wrist blade confiscated?

I thought that the Wrist Blade was only for Master Assassins, which would explain why Altair is the only person you see with his finger cut off. I bet there are only, like, three Master Assassins in the whole clan.

And has anyone seen whether or not Malik has all fingers in the first five minutes of the game? It says in the Strategy guide that he was Altair's only competition, so maybe they were the only two Master Assassins.

And I think Lucy was just folding her finger back, because, besides the fact that she has all fingers at any other point in the game, it would be pretty stupid to send someone with a missing finger undercover into a place where it's common knowledge that a missing finger means you're an assassin.

xxxBlackout
11-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Wingf00t:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deryell:
Here it goes guys.

Well then how come when Altair lost his rank as Master Assassin he had his wrist blade confiscated?

I thought that the Wrist Blade was only for Master Assassins, which would explain why Altair is the only person you see with his finger cut off. I bet there are only, like, three Master Assassins in the whole clan.

And has anyone seen whether or not Malik has all fingers in the first five minutes of the game? It says in the Strategy guide that he was Altair's only competition, so maybe they were the only two Master Assassins.

And I think Lucy was just folding her finger back, because, besides the fact that she has all fingers at any other point in the game, it would be pretty stupid to send someone with a missing finger undercover into a place where it's common knowledge that a missing finger means you're an assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

idk i think i agree with deryell, that makes a hell of a lotta sense

Ace426
11-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:

Am I the only one who watched the interview where Jade said that Alty lost his finger in an early assassination, where they were attacking a king of sorts... I'll dig it up at some point.
The interview with jade said that alty lost his finger because when an assassian makes it from novice to master they are willing to do that

AirRon_2K7
11-23-2007, 10:08 AM
arrr, well it sort of says that it happened during the mission. But it WAS his initiation mission

watch it.

http://uk.gamespot.com/video/930278/6174521/assassins-creed-stage-demo-1

starts 10:05

I316_I3L4CK
11-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by joshuagiraffe:
I beat the entire game and lucy doesnt say anything about how shes an assassin except there were clues in the e-mail. Also i didnt see anything about her finger missing.

Ok if you watch the video thing with the producer telling about the story she tells you that once an assassin reaches a rank as high as Altier they go through the ritual were they get the finger removed and are given the hidden blade. this is why not all of the assassins are missing a finger. and if you look the blade goes to were the missing finger is supposed to be. Also about Lucy, I'm not sure if she is missing a finger or if she just folds it down to show that she is an assassin but clues are given in the game to make you believe she is one. In she sends a email saying she will need more help and then later in the game assassins show up to rescue Desmond. She talks about how she also has a past she is running away from and how Vidic saved her life. And at the end of the game when Desmond get Eagle's Vision she is seen blue which represents an allie

MeltingAce
11-27-2007, 07:55 PM
yea it says shes an assassin in the game..

DreamerM
11-28-2007, 12:10 AM
nah, if you move the camera arround durring your scenes with her, you see she has all of her fingers. As does Desmond. This might mean they were never initiated as Master Assassins, or maybe that's not even something they do anymore, and Lucy just folded her own finger back to show Desmond her conneciton both to him and to Altair: Desmond and the people running the Animus being the only ones who'd know WHO gesture was refering too.

She can't be literally missing a finger, nor can it be common for Assassins to do that: it'd make spotting them too easy. My guess is Altair got it because he's one of their best guys. Only their highest undergo the ceremony.

jmelb
11-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Someone got fingered, and its not Altiar. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
1. Lucy is NOT missing a finger. She folds her ring finger as a sign to Desmond that she's an assassin like Altair. But at other times in the game you can clearly see that all her fingers are there.

2. Assassins do NOT cut off their ring fingers. Al Mualim has all his fingers. Other Assassins have all theirs.

The loss of a ring finger seems to have happened to Altair alone. Thus it's not an Assassin rite of passage or a symbol of belonging to the Assassins. Besides, it would be quite silly to advertise to everyone that you were an Assassin in this way.

Raxxit
11-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by danceforpants:
has any one tried putting all the cap letters in the ?? email together to see if it spells any thing? since the caps seem in random places.

The capital letters spell "WE WILL BE THERE SOON"

Nadroj
11-29-2007, 04:18 PM

To me it seemed obvious at the time to read the caps, anyways it says "We will be there soon"...

TheSieg3
11-29-2007, 05:30 PM
It's not unbelievable that the assassins remove a finger for their "best." The Yakuza in Japan remove one of their little fingers for initiation.