PDA

View Full Version : Any planes we can D/L??

furyan65
10-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi flyers..

Can someone advise us here, is there extra planes I can download or skins (like CFS2 and 3) I can D/L and use in Pacific fighters??
Thanks heaps

jluisv
10-02-2007, 06:09 PM
yes, but only the planes you download along with a patch you don't already have (if the patch includes any aircraft that is).

But if you mean individual aircraft just for download, then sorry, no.

berg417448
10-02-2007, 06:22 PM
You need IL2 1946. It has everything that Pacific Fighters has plus a lot of new aircraft.

You can go to a site like http://www.mission4today.com/ and download skins/mission/campaigns

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by furyan65:
Hi flyers..

Can someone advise us here, is there extra planes I can download or skins (like CFS2 and 3) I can D/L and use in Pacific fighters??
Thanks heaps

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">No</span>. I don't know what jluisv or berg417448 think you're talking about, but I think they are misunderstanding you greatly

You cannot download aircraft, like you can in CFS2 and CFS3

ALL content such as maps and plane models for this simulation is regulated by the developer. There are no plane downloads like there are for MS sims

As for skins, yes, of course you can add skins, but again, not like for MS sims

In this sim, you can have a custom skin for every single individual plane, not just for each plane type.

VW-IceFire
10-02-2007, 07:43 PM
...on the other hand there aren't many planes you would want to download. In IL-2 1946 there has to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 flyable aircraft. Probably won't run out of planes overnight http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

furyan65
10-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by BBB462cid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by furyan65:
Hi flyers..

Thanks heaps

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">No</span>. I don't know what jluisv or berg417448 think you're talking about, but I think they are misunderstanding you greatly

ALL content such as maps and plane models for this simulation is regulated by the developer. There are no plane downloads like there are for MS sims

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks.
Oh well guess I wont be recommending PF (I like the pacific theatre and dont care much for the IL46 Euro scene sorry) Ill go back to M$, pity PF's so called 'developers' are so friggen tight. Thanks for for my short interest. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

FlyinChef
10-03-2007, 04:38 AM
Charming!

furyan65
10-03-2007, 04:57 AM
^ WHY that!?? Im pissed off abit. It was made by a couple of guys here down under in Aussie...looks like they've succumbed to the Benjamin.. PF's stand alone will die, its only a matter of time. Why the fcuk cant they see this and allow file copies for mod like M$ does!??

Skunk_438RCAF
10-03-2007, 07:08 AM
A matter of time? Since 1946 has been out PF standalone is dead.

Truth is the developpers dont care much for the PTO and most guys are stuck with a truely awesome sim that they cant really work with.

How long has it been since people have been asking for more PTO maps like the 'Slot'? Answer: Ever since PF came out!

As for why they dont allow 3rd party downloads, I guess they are just concerned with the quality of their sim, and they dont want the online game to be ruined by kiddie hackers. I mean, how big is M$'s online community compared to this one?

DKoor
10-03-2007, 08:19 AM
^ WHY that!?? Im pissed off abit. It was made by a couple of guys here down under in Aussie...looks like they've succumbed to the Benjamin.. PF's stand alone will die, its only a matter of time. Why the fcuk cant they see this and allow file copies for mod like M$ does!?? I don't wanna argue much about this......but you're flat out wrong.
Pacific Fighters standalone is not really a great game, but
- IL-2 Sturmovik (Original)
- IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles (and/or Aces Expansion Pack)
- IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
.....are great games and apart from some minorities everything from M$ so far is laughable compared to that.
PF standalone - I never really played it, I guess it's sheite given all the circumstances (it's lacking some important stuff), but really do yourself a favor buy IL-2 1946. If you don't - hey it's your loss - big one. I mean it.
Or when I think about it.....perhaps it's good not to buy you wont become a poor sim junkie like the rest of us...unfortunate ones who were hooked by IL-2 heavily. It's been going on for years now.
Around here I don't see much people (if anyone) that plays Pacific Fighters stand-alone.

And yes... those who know me know that I'm everything but not a fan-boy/man/girl..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif if I dislike something, I say that I don't have the prob with that like some.

joeap
10-03-2007, 11:52 AM
^ WHY that!?? Im pissed off abit. It was made by a couple of guys here down under in Aussie...looks like they've succumbed to the Benjamin.. PF's stand alone will die, its only a matter of time. Why the fcuk cant they see this and allow file copies for mod like M$ does!??

In Aussie, no it was not.

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2007, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB462cid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by furyan65:
Hi flyers..

Thanks heaps

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks.
Oh well guess I wont be recommending PF (I like the pacific theatre and dont care much for the IL46 Euro scene sorry) Ill go back to M$, pity PF's so called 'developers' are so friggen tight. Thanks for for my short interest. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think that you know what Il2 Sturmovik:1946 contains and you don;t

It's a common misconception. There has been a lot of disinformation concerning Il2 Sturmovik:1946 and what it is

What it is NOT is a 'fantasy' add-on, or a fantasy sim. It has some "what-if" elements, but then again, MS CFS3's P-55Ascender is just a touch over-modelled, agreed? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Il2 Sturmovik:1946 contains a large amount of historical content, and it is not aimed at "Euro" content

For instance, the Manchurian and Burma/India maps, and the Japanese Ki-21 and Ki-27, neither of which was used in Europe or are fantasy planes, but rather were major players in the Pacific and CBI, are in Il2 Sturmovik:1946

You do not know what Il2 Sturmovik:1946 contains, but yet you assume you do, and you dismiss it. That is up to you but it seems to be self-defeating to me that you haven't investigated what the sim is about before you decide that you know what's in it

Bearcat99
10-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Normally I would just ignore posts that go in this direction.. but I guess I am just drawn to the uninformed. Let me pull your coat my friend.

First off...

Hi flyers..
Thanks heaps

Planes you cannot download.. Skins, missions, 3rd party utilities from mission builders & modifiers and game log parsers (programs that keep track of your stats), to speech recognition (So you can verbally interface with the sim as in command the AI) to joystick configuration can all be had for this sim.

Thanks.
Oh well guess I wont be recommending PF (I like the pacific theatre and dont care much for the IL46 Euro scene sorry) Ill go back to M$, pity PF's so called 'developers' are so friggen tight. Thanks for for my short interest. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Nope.. actually the pity is that after flying Pacific Fighters you would use that as the sole gauge of the sim itself. You may not be interested in the PTO at all.. (which is really amazing if you are an Aussie.. at least IMO) but .... well take a look at this thread for 2 minutes.. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/4591089933/r/4591089933#4591089933) and then you tell me what planes you feel are missing that are important enough to NOT fly the sim. While I agree that the absence of an flyable Avenger or a flyable Kate is a minus... the rest of the planes there more than make up for that. Not to mention the maps. You show your lack of imagination by saying that you don't like the "Euro" scenraio.. Who says you have to fly European planes on European maps? And talk about "so called developers" well... you just are looking at this from a whole nother place because the concept of how versatile and good this sim is is something that is totally alien to you.. and to tell the truth you have to give it a chance to really dig it.

PFs stand alone was dead the moment the Pe=2 add on came out.. in reality for a lot of folks.. it was just a stepping stone... I would be willing to wager that 80-95% of the people who buy PF as a stand alone go on to get the rest of the sim.. and the holdouts I am willing to wager caved in once 46 came out.. What's not to like.

You do what you want... you can't miss what you never had... but it would be a pity for you to shortchange yourself out of a great flight sim experience because of a lack of imagination beyond what you know.

GerritJ9
10-03-2007, 03:55 PM
When PF was originally announced I intended to run it as standalone in addition to a merged install.... but once I had PF I realized that a standalone install made no sense at all. Why not? Because there are a LOT of planes in FB + AEP that were also used in the Pacific/Far East theatre, and that I would miss out using them in a correct historical environment in a standalone install. To name a few flyables: Hurricane IIB and IIC; all Spitfire variants; P-51s; P-40s.
Furthermore, 4.04 was the last patch for PF standalone, and as already pointed out, 1946 contains quite a few new Allied aircraft which were also used in the Pacific/Far East theatre, plus of course several new Japanese aircraft- flyable and AI.
Buying 1946 gives you ALL of the planes, maps etc. Nobody will force you to fly over Stalingrad or Normandy if you don't want to- but PF standalone simply no longer makes sense. Plus, the coming patch 4.09 will give us some more stuff to play with, stuff that PF standalone players won't be able to use. 1946 simply offers so much more value.

furyan65
10-06-2007, 05:22 AM
To those that have gotten off thier high chairs thinking that I said anything about Il2...get back on!
'
Where did I mention Il2!??? NOPE I didnt.

Im talking STAND ALONE PF!!!!!!!!

Maybe, just maybe some players are not intersted in the slightest about the Euro war and for me being forced to buy '46 so I can go on enjoying this game is ****.

Anyone who feels put out, dont. Its my view ok.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2007, 05:27 AM
To those that have gotten off thier high chairs thinking that I said anything about Il2...get back on!
'
Where did I mention Il2!??? NOPE I didnt.

Im talking STAND ALONE PF!!!!!!!!

Maybe, just maybe some players are not intersted in the slightest about the Euro war and for me being forced to buy '46 so I can go on enjoying this game is ****.

Anyone who feels put out, dont. Its my view ok.

Well then. Bye

Bearcat99
10-06-2007, 07:27 AM
There are other Pacific maps in 46 and Pacific planes... but whatever.. C-ya... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

MiamiEagle
10-07-2007, 02:06 PM
CFS2 and CFS3 and IL46 are completetly different Sims. They are all great Sims in their own terms but its unfair to compare them on equal terms. Its like comparing apples and oranges.

IL46 is more limited and almost completely control by its programer. The main reason for that is to control the quality of its airplanes and to decrease online cheating.

IL46 is incline more for Online flyers than CFS2 or CFS3 are.

CFS2 and CFS3 is more flexible with its open structure thus it allows its communitty to add endless amount of Strutures and Airplanes and Ships ect.. but with less quality control by the programer.

Both method work for me because I chose where and with what Sim I want to fly for the day.

Its always your choice.

As I said before they are all great Sims.

Skycat_2
10-07-2007, 10:12 PM
It was made by a couple of guys here down under in Aussie...looks like they've succumbed to the Benjamin.
I lost this guy right here.

The last time I checked, 1C:Maddox Games was a Russian company and UbiSoft was French. I don't know where Russian Rocket Group calls home so maybe Ilya Shevchenko is an Aussie. More likely, some of the modelers that Ilya subcontracted (from all over the world) were from Australia, and this has confused Furyan65?

I started a long, itemized response to refute Furyan65's other statements but what is the point? Either he'll give PF another try or he won't.

F19_Orheim
10-08-2007, 02:29 AM
wow what a nice attitude when people take the time to answer your questions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MiamiEagle
10-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Furyan65 if you do not like the European Theater Buy CFS2 and upgraded it to your liking.

I for one like to fly in every Theater and for every Airforce. You do have a choice. Its always up to you!

I have IL46 and I love it especially after I installed Paul Lowengrain DCG.

mortoma
10-08-2007, 10:25 PM
I don't understand all the fuss anyway. Why someone would not buy '46 just because it had all "euro" stuff is beyond me. It has all sorts of Pacific stuff too, all for a price that is not much, if any higher than the original PF standalone game. Can't find PF standalone anymore?? Big deal, buy '46 for cheapo and sinply ignore all the euro stuff!! It has all the stuff the original PF had for the Pacific plus a lot more for the Pacific added on since.

minemine69
10-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I personally dont see why anyone wouldnt like this sim. What more could you ask for. We have many many planes to fly and we have nearly all Theatres of Operations to fly in. Why would we need more planes? Most of the ones that helped us win the war and the ones that gave us so much trouble are all here. Ive played the M$ Combat sims and this one is far superior in my eyes.

furyan65
10-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by MiamiEagle:
Furyan65 if you do not like the European Theater Buy CFS2 and upgraded it to your liking.

I for one like to fly in every Theater and for every Airforce. You do have a choice. Its always up to you!

I have IL46 and I love it especially after I installed Paul Lowengrain DCG.

Hi Eagle ( I know you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Yes Ive got CFS2 but to be honest PF has way better graphics. PF is ok in general. I sound like a *****. Sorry. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif But on why someone wouldnt, I need to get a DVD player then as well as PF comes in CDrom. God I cant win.

Buster_Dee
10-09-2007, 08:45 PM
I realy think this is just a misunderstanding. 46 contains all the aicraft Maddox made over the years, including all the PF ones, plus some more early Jaspanese ac so the "Flying Tigers period" can even be represented. It added a few more very nice pacific maps (Burma for example) and retains carrier operations. Several of the best maps are actually 3rd party folks who have gained Maddox's confidence. There were also several PTO-specific objects added. Yes, it may still lack something I'm not thinking of, but you can make a pretty good decision by looking at the plane set and maps provided. Maddox tried to add even more Pacific ac, but their manufacturers forced him to pull them (I know--well, on line anyway--the guy who was making the TBF). That has become a problem for all developers--not just Maddox.

Good luck sorting it out. By the way, I liked CFS2--just haven't played it in a while. I've been too busy learning how to do 3D models myself. I finally made the plunge into trying to make an ac. I had been making ships and targets.

But that's another topic, in'it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

furyan65
10-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Im reinstalling PF now as I type. I actually miss it. Weirdo I am.

I acted like a ****** before, sorry to those. :/

MiamiEagle
10-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Furyan65 I know you to.Its nice to hear from you!

I Agree with you that Pacific Fighter has more colorful sceneries and better difine AC plus the best Panels in the Sim World. Not to mention better dynamic Ocean texture.

I still recommend for you to buy IL46 and ignore the European Theater if you do not care for it and just fly in the PTO.

If you get Lowengrins DCG at http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php

For Mission Building full go here http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/50910533

You will not regret it my friend.

As for CFS2 after upgrading it. It has more AC and more Ships plus a superior World map. More Airfields and better sounds.

Like I have said many times before I enjoy them both and I will continue to fly with them both.

Its been nice posting again here!