PDA

View Full Version : Rescue and Recon Missions Question

Skyviperr
02-25-2005, 12:51 AM
What do you have to do to get MS on them. I flew one mission to look for a downed pilot, flew over the waypoint and around it a little and never saw a thing. Went back and landed, it said mission complete. Then it gave me a locate the carrier group mission, flew around the waypoint, found a DD and a Frieghter, got MS.

Then it put me back on the pilot mission, I widened my search area around the waypoint. I spent more time but still didn't find a pilot. Then as I gave up and hit autopilot to fly home the screen said "hidden objective complete"

So is it you just have to fly around the waypoint for a certain amount of time? How do they work?

Skyviperr
02-25-2005, 12:51 AM
What do you have to do to get MS on them. I flew one mission to look for a downed pilot, flew over the waypoint and around it a little and never saw a thing. Went back and landed, it said mission complete. Then it gave me a locate the carrier group mission, flew around the waypoint, found a DD and a Frieghter, got MS.

Then it put me back on the pilot mission, I widened my search area around the waypoint. I spent more time but still didn't find a pilot. Then as I gave up and hit autopilot to fly home the screen said "hidden objective complete"

So is it you just have to fly around the waypoint for a certain amount of time? How do they work?

Latico
02-25-2005, 12:57 AM
On the recon and SAR(search and rescue) missions all you have to do is complete all the waypoints.

But, if you should be on a sub patrol mission or recon and manage to actually find a target and destroy it, and return to base/carrier, you'll get points towards Awards/Promotions

Skyviperr
02-25-2005, 12:29 PM
But that is the wierd thing. On the first SAR I didn't SEE anything at all, just completed the waypoints and RTB.

On the second mission I STILL didn't SEE anything, but I flew over the target longer and got a "hidden objective?"

Still haven't found the carriers yet.

Zeus-cat
02-25-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm flying an SBD-3 campaign and it had me do a pilot search from 11,500 feet! I dropped down to 500 feet and finally spotted him right on the waypoint. He was difficult to see even at 500 feet. Of course, my flight leader was screaming at me to rejoin, but I ignored him. Good thing for me as two Zeroes jumped him and flamed him.

Usually, when you get to the recon or SAR waypoint you will get an Objective complete message. When you land on the carrier you will get a Mission complete message because the landing has a recon/landing objective too. Both are probably hidden objectives which is why you don't see anything until you actually complete tthe objective.

Zeus-cat

Tully__
02-25-2005, 03:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skyviperr:
But that is the wierd thing. On the first SAR I didn't SEE anything at all, just completed the waypoints and RTB.

On the second mission I STILL didn't SEE anything, but I flew over the target longer and got a "hidden objective?"

Still haven't found the carriers yet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The target success conditions for recon can be set up 3 ways. The simplest is just fly over the target region. The second includes a timeout whose function I'd have to double check as I haven't used it for some time. The third requires landing.

The size of the target region can also be varied from a few metres diameter to several kilometres. If you don't fly within the set region, the target will not be considered achieved.

Latico
02-25-2005, 05:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skyviperr:

Still haven't found the carriers yet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In real life many recon and SAR missions were flown and nothing was found.

Isn't realistic Emerssion grand? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif